• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

World Wide Resort Resales / Craig Washburn

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm about to buy a pretty expensive timeshare from Craig Washburn at World Wide Resort Resales and wonder if anyone has any experience with him or this company. From other posts looks like Washburn used to be at 52 Shares.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is my issue. On 6/20/14 his name was added to the registration on World Wide Property Transfer. This entity previously seemed ok but when the whole fiasco regarding selltimeshare.org and Pacific transfer resulted in them doing an entity switch to In Less Time Closings suddenly WWPT started using ILTC too. All of a sudden it appears on the surface like WWPT is really selltimeshare.org, but it's very difficult to know anything for certain. I know they read TUG and none of them have come forward to dispute my speculation.

I would be very leery of sending much of anything if you are actually dealing with a horrible reputation operation. Is he going to use ILTC or another closing company? I firmly believe most of the ILTC transfers are actually being fed to Pacific Transfer in California. I doubt you want to risk sending an "expensive" sum of money to one of the worlds worst transfer companies.

Will he by any chance allow you to use a truly independent 3rd party escrow? Even that doesn't really make it good though. Escrows release when the deed is ready to be recorded. I had pacific transfer do mutiple deed changes behind my back and without my consent and then I ended up with a different resort entirely. An escrow would not have helped my situation.

I don't want to drag his name through the mud but I think the questions deserve answers. With his name on the WWPT registration is this the same WWPT operating on eBay that is now using ILTC?

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you care enough I would ask him point blank what his involvement is with WWPT and ILTC. He was or is still associated with 52shares but perhaps he switched companies. Or maybe they are all associated. The PCC world is a big messy web.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, I have never seen any prior connection between the operation "Worldwide Resort Resales" and "World Wide Property Transfer". Washburn has " Manager/Director of Sales at Timeshare Spot, LLC, Sales Associate at 52 Shares, Inc. " on his linked but he may have recently made a switch.

He definitely works at "Worldwide Resort Resales", but this looks like a dba. He is a licensed real estate broker and his license number is the one listed on the WRR website. With him added to the WWPT registration it looks clearly like WRR is just a dba of WWPT but then we have the issue of someone using WWPT on ebay and using ILTC as the closing company.

The crummy PCC's don't use licensed real estate brokers for a reason. You can't keep your license if you do business the way they do. This is why it is strange to see Washburn's name added to WWPT's registration less than 30 days ago. I am speculating that either we have two groups operating under the name WWPT or someone convinced Washburn to have his name added. I don't think Washburn would want his reputation harmed by the actions of others doing business under WWPT so there has to be an explanation.

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just found the dba. Worldwide Resort Resales was registered as a dba of Worldwide Property Transfer LLC on 5/6/14.

Here is the big problem.

Sell Timeshare LLC - (BBB rating of F)
2221 NE 164th St., #381, North Miami Beach, FL 33160

Worldwide Property Transfer, LLC
2221 NE 164th St Ste 381, North Miami Beach, FL 33160-3703

This is the address that is listed on the BBB even though they have never used that address on their registration. This address is a fake suite, which is really just a mail drop box service. The BBB info could have come about by someone at Selltimeshare.org illegally doing business as WWPT.

Everything I have seen points to these ebay operations being the same, whether the legal entities actually are is unknown.

That said, if Washburn is doing business as a licensed broker, and the closing won't go anywhere near ILTC or any other strangely owned entity, then you are "probably" ok.

Last edited:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are the buyer, I would insist on your own closing / escrow company

Especially since there are $$$ at risk, based on your post count, I assume you are comfortable with the price if you are sure you will get what you have agreed to pay for.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The entity WWPT was created in 2011 under the authorization of Dharmesh Patel. http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78444

He used to be all over ebay selling in mass and then disappeared. He supposedly embezzled loads of money from his timeshare employer "TimeNoMore". He has worked for many timeshare companies that are all likely under the same operational umbrella.

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
In 2010 Dharmesh created LEO GROUP ENTERPRISES, LLC. The principal address for the business?

2221 NE 164TH STREET
SUITE 381
N MIAMI BEACH, FL 33160

The exact same fake suite drop box number used for years by selltimeshare.org and at some point by someone representing WWPT. I think Dharmesh was or is just an arm of David Macmillan.

If Craig is now working under their empire I wouldn't have anything to do with him.

They call tug conspiracy theorists, but when you use the same exact fake suite drop box address for multiple entities that supposedly are not connected, it's not really a theory.

They wised up and started using separate addresses that look more real but why be so lazy in the beginning? Criminals are so much smarter on TV. :hysterical:

Last edited:

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
A rhetorical question...

The crummy PCC's don't use licensed real estate brokers for a reason.

How many PCC operations (regardless of their particular place on the "crummy" continuum) ever actually use licensed entities at all? :shrug:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
How many PCC operations (regardless of their particular place on the "crummy" continuum) ever actually use licensed entities at all? :shrug:

It depends on what you mean by "licensed". They all use legal entities that are registered with a state. If you mean real estate license, I hadn't seen any until now. Washburn has a valid license, it's on his WRR website. WRR is just a registered dba for WWPT. Craig added his name to WWPT which is definitely a PCC operation and created by a notorious PCC employee.

That's basically why I am surprised. Are they paying him to legitimize their operation or is he just stooping that low?

Most PCC's do use licensed closing companies, but they are both controlled by the same people. It makes the operation look better to someone who doesn't know better.

Last edited:

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Clarification...

It depends on what you mean by "licensed". They all use legal entities that are registered with a state. If you mean real estate license, I hadn't seen any until now.

Sorry, my bad for not being more specific. I certainly did not mean to refer to just a garden variety "license to operate" a local business (something which can be obtained by virtually any Mickey Mouse or Fly by Night entity with any associate who can read, complete a form and write a check). I instead intended to more specifically refer to a state real estate licensed broker or agent. As you know and have already observed here, they are "as rare as hen's teeth" anywhere in the PCC arena.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I meant to post a follow up when my deal got done but forgot to do so. When I first talked to Mr. Washburn, he said that In Less Time Closing had the paperwork on this timeshare and suggested using them. After reading the comments about ILTC on TUG, I didn't want anything to do with them and requested that we use Timeshare Closings for Less, a firm that I had used in the past on many occasions both buying and selling, and I knew they would be truly independent. Mr. Washburn agreed to use TCFL and the deal got done without any problems. I don't know if he's still using ILTC but he was receptive to using the closing company I wanted and I assume he would do so with other buyers. Based on my experience on this transaction, I would buy from him again.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your follow-up.

I meant to post a follow up when my deal got done but forgot to do so. When I first talked to Mr. Washburn, he said that In Less Time Closing had the paperwork on this timeshare and suggested using them. After reading the comments about ILTC on TUG, I didn't want anything to do with them and requested that we use Timeshare Closings for Less, a firm that I had used in the past on many occasions both buying and selling, and I knew they would be truly independent. Mr. Washburn agreed to use TCFL and the deal got done without any problems. I don't know if he's still using ILTC but he was receptive to using the closing company I wanted and I assume he would do so with other buyers. Based on my experience on this transaction, I would buy from him again.

There's a couple of new TUG Marketplace listings that caught my eye by Worldwide Resort Resales. I have also used Timeshare Closings For Less many times. I would definitely feel more comfortable using them than ILTC. If for no other reason, Susie Bell provides great service.

Thank you, Saintsfanfl, for your input. Very helpful. I had sent an email to them regarding one of their new TUG listings in the Marketplace. I did a search on WRR and saw this thread.

In the past, I have won auctions on eBay through selltimeshare.org with closings handled by both Pacific and ILTC. Fortunately, they all turned out to be what was listed and I never had any real issues. Then, I won a few eBay auctions through WWPT using ILTC for closing. Again, no issues. Then I went to bid on one of their auctions and I had been denied the ability by them to bid. Not really sure why. It seemed to be right after I posted on a thread on TUG. It was a tongue-in-cheek response to warnings about these folks. Never personally having had any issues with them, I had never posted negatively about them. I guess they can't take a joke or I'm just not that funny. :rolleyes: