• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westgate's Deed Back Option. (Nov 2014)

Ironwig

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

this post is to let everyone know that the deed back option that i have been reading about is not a scam after all. I called and got some info and they called me back within a few days to explain the process. they did mention that in order to qualify the account has to be up to date on the maintenance and taxes and the mortgage has to be paid in full. The option is then reviewed and the owner would have to pay closing cost and transfer fees. they call it some sort of administrative fee. I had to pay $950 for my documents. Once i paid , they sent me the quit claim deed wihtin a week and once i had it notarized and mailed back, the account was closed within 1-2 weeks! i couldnt beleive that it actually worked. My yearly dues are $1375 so paying $950 was a no brainer especially since i would be released from my contract and this head ache of a timeshare. The gentelman did say that the fee ranges from and it can be between 750 to 1500 all depending on location and supply in demand. I have the guys name and info if anyone is interested and if you want to just put in a request directly, just call the number on the back of your owners card and ask them to submit a deed back option request and that you want to be called.

Just wanted you all to know and be aware. Take care

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm always a little leery of someone who on his/her first post tells me how their post is not a scam. The first thing I think is "This is a Scam" so forgive me for saying it.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
think we all share that sentiment =)

That said, its not unheard of for westgate to take back units for a fee....id certainly want to remind anyone trying this to verify without a shadow of a doubt, you are working with westgate directly...vs some random entity.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
...you are working with westgate directly...

Westgate is, without even a distant second place challenger for the dubious distinction, the slimiest of all slimy developer entities to be found anywhere in the U.S. --- at least IMnsHO. Accordingly, anything and everything Westgate Weasels might say, offer, suggest or imply should be intensively scrutinized and verified as accurate.

I wouldn't find the prospect of "working with Westgate directly" to be at all desirable but, on the other hand, if a legitimate and affordable exit from their grimy clutches is actually attainable, then why not? After all, Westgate will simply take an ownership back and just sell it all over again (...and again and again and again, if possible).
A very profitable exercise for Westgate and a win (except for the forever-lost money, of course) for any happy former Westgate owner. :shrug:

Last edited:

Ironwig

Reaction score
you have every right to feel that way. I only joined because i was educating myself about this "deed back option" from this site. Once i was able get it done and now i am free from my timeshare i figure i share it. notice how on my post i said

" call the number on the back of your owners card and ask them to submit your request for a deed back"

i did not provide a number, i simply told you to call Westgate yourself, at the number you normally call and ask for what i asked for.

This worked for me, i dont know why it wouldnt work for you.

again, just sharing my experience, i only joined to be helpful, not scam anyone. I am just glad i got out of my timeshare and honestly will never post on ths site again. i googled "how to get rid of my timeshare" and this site came up, i did my research, i tried what i read, i got results, i reported back to the place i got my original info from" thats all

take care

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi Ironwig - Thanks for posting that info.

Please don't take the scepticism personally - we get lots of spammers and scammers here, promoting their own bogus companies.

Congratulations on unloading your unwanted timeshare.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
you have every right to feel that way. I only joined because i was educating myself about this "deed back option" from this site. Once i was able get it done and now i am free from my timeshare i figure i share it. notice how on my post i said

" call the number on the back of your owners card and ask them to submit your request for a deed back"

i did not provide a number, i simply told you to call Westgate yourself, at the number you normally call and ask for what i asked for.

This worked for me, i dont know why it wouldnt work for you.

again, just sharing my experience, i only joined to be helpful, not scam anyone. I am just glad i got out of my timeshare and honestly will never post on ths site again. i googled "how to get rid of my timeshare" and this site came up, i did my research, i tried what i read, i got results, i reported back to the place i got my original info from" thats all

take care
I apologize for coming off so negatively. We should have have allowed you to vet this more thoroughly. I hope you do hang around even if you don't own a timeshare any longer. There are lots of opportunities for great low cost vacation ideas on this site! Again, I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings. We get scammed so often that sometimes we find ourselves painting everyone with the same broad brush ...:eek:

Ironwig

Reaction score
Update on the Deed Back option from Westgate

Just wanted to give an update. I just confirmed and the account has been closed. I was a little nervous when i paid the money and not sure if this would actually close my account but i just called and confirmed that it has been closed, i dont have to pay the taxes and maint and i get to keep my unused weeks and have access to using them for 2 year. Just wanted to update.

take care

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Just wanted to give an update. I just confirmed and the account has been closed. I was a little nervous when i paid the money and not sure if this would actually close my account but i just called and confirmed that it has been closed, i dont have to pay the taxes and maint and i get to keep my unused weeks and have access to using them for 2 year. Just wanted to update.

take care

All in all, sounds like this worked out very well for you. Surprised you get to keep your unused weeks, but that makes the exit even better. Congratulations.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Account closed" vs. "new deed officially recorded"

<snip> I just confirmed and the account has been closed. I was a little nervous when i paid the money and not sure if this would actually close my account but i just called and confirmed that it has been closed...<snip>

I certainly do not want to rain on your parade in any way. Escaping the clutches of the likes of Wastegate by any lawful means necessary and available is certainly always legitimate cause for happiness and celebration.

That being said, was there a deed associated with your Westgate ownership? If so, did Westgate have you sign over a Quit Claim deed? You might consider looking in the applicable County public records, using your own name to conduct a search of recorded deeds there (they are public records and very easily accessed). Hopefully, you will find the old deed with your name as "grantee" --- and a much newer recorded deed with your name as "grantor", thereby formally making you a former Westgate owner in the eyes of the law.

If you find the old deed with you as "grantee", but you don't find a new deed with you as "grantor", then "Houston, we have a problem" since, in the eyes of the law, you still remain the current owner of record. Your ownership in Westgate may not have been a deeded ownership in the first place, in which case this input does not apply.

I mention this simply because it's Westgate we're talking about here and I frankly harbor some personal doubts about their integrity and credibility.
In any case, it's likely time well spent to follow up and obtain independent confirmation beyond some verbal assurances from Westgate personnel.

Last edited:

Ironwig

Reaction score
I certainly do not want to rain on your parade in any way. Escaping the clutches of the likes of Wastegate by any lawful means necessary and available is certainly always legitimate cause for happiness and celebration.

That being said, was there a deed associated with your Westgate ownership? If so, you might consider looking in the applicable County public records, using your own name to conduct a search of recorded deeds there (they are public records, after all). Hopefully, you will find the old deed with your name as "grantee" --- and a much newer recorded deed with your name as "grantor", thereby formally making you a former Westgate owner in the eyes of the law.

If you find the old deed with you as "grantee", but you don't find a new deed with you as "grantor", then "Houston, we have a problem" since, in the eyes of the law, you still remain the current owner of record. Your ownership in Westgate may not have been a deeded ownership in the first place, in which case this input does not apply.

I mention this simply because it's Westgate we're talking about here. Personally, I wouldn't trust Westagate any further than I could throw CEO David Seigel, one handed. Maybe worth following up for more independent confirmation beyond just the in house info and "Words of Westgate Weasels". :shrug:

I agree. thats why i waited to see if my account has been closed first. i will wait a month or two before calling the court house but my uncle did the same process and it was pulled from his name at courthouse so i know this is legit. I just called the owner relations number and asked for the deed back department or a deed back req. they just said they would submit one and i would get a call. Apparently, there is a team that handles this.
now is the time to do it and avoid maint and taxes.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
WHAT did you sign, exactly --- besides your check to Westgate?

I agree. thats why i waited to see if my account has been closed first. i will wait a month or two before calling the court house but my uncle did the same process and it was pulled from his name at courthouse so i know this is legit. I just called the owner relations number and asked for the deed back department or a deed back req. they just said they would submit one and i would get a call. Apparently, there is a team that handles this.
now is the time to do it and avoid maint and taxes.

You didn't in any way address or answer my question about whether Westgate had you sign a new deed. "Account closed" means next to nothing, in and of itself.

A recorded deed needs to be subsequently replaced by a superceding recorded deed. Accordingly I have no understanding regarding what "pulled from his name at the courthouse" even means. I'm seeing a bit of the color "dubious" on this for the moment; these matters don't get concluded by telephone calls..... :ponder:

Last edited:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
redacted --

Last edited:

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reluctantly withdrawn...

Last edited:

Ironwig

Reaction score
You didn't in any way address or answer my question about whether Westgate had you sign a new deed. "Account closed" means next to nothing, in and of itself.

A recorded deed needs to be subsequently replaced by a superceding recorded deed. Accordingly I have no understanding regarding what "pulled from his name at the courthouse" even means. I'm seeing a bit of the color "dubious" on this for the moment; these matters don't get concluded by telephone calls..... :ponder:

I signed a QCD since westgate is in fact deeded property and a recorded deed is under my name at the courthouse

the quit claim deed was signed and notarized and mailed back certified
before i sent it, we asked for legal advise regarding the QCD and he told us that with that qcd, i was legaly surrendering the deed and they were taking it back. I made copies of the documents of course

Last edited:

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
No tears goodbye...

I signed a QCD since westgate is in fact deeded property and a recorded deed is under my name at the courthouse

before i sent it, we asked for legal advise regarding the QCD and he told us that with that qcd, i was legaly surrendering the deed and they were taking it back. I made copies of the documents of course

Got it. These are important and relevant details which you did not previously provide or mention; hence my concern.

Prepare to bid a (fond or otherwise) "Farewell to Westgate". :hi: Well done.

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
Congratulations!

Slipping the clutches of Wastegate is a major achievement in improving your standard of living.

hattrick79

Reaction score
Ironwig I've PMed you. I can't get a hold of anyone at the buyback department... shocker.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ironwig I've PMed you. I can't get a hold of anyone at the buyback department... shocker.

1. Fyi, The Ironwig post to which you are replying is now nearly a year old (it's from November 2014).
Wastegate may or may not any longer even be accepting "deedbacks" at all.

2. There is no "Buyback Department" at Westgate. Contact Owner Services (... and yes, that term is certainly an amusing oxymoron when it comes to Wastegate) at their corporate offices in Ocoee, FL.
Your deedback request should be submitted in writing anyhow, not by a phone call --- as should be their response back to you.

Last edited:

claudie908

Reaction score
1. Fyi, The Ironwig post to which you are replying is now nearly a year old (it's from November 2014).
Wastegate may or may not any longer even be accepting "deedbacks" at all.

2. There is no "Buyback Department" at Westgate. Contact Owner Services (... and yes, that term is certainly an amusing oxymoron when it comes to Wastegate) at their corporate offices in Ocoee, FL.
Your deedback request should be submitted in writing anyhow, not by a phone call --- as should be their response back to you.

Hi! Were you able to get rid of your timeshare using the deedback option? If so, can you pls advise on what steps i need to do?... I know your post was 2 yrs ago and i apologize for the late inquiry that im doing now. Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

WackyLucy

Reaction score
Hi! Were you able to get rid of your timeshare using the deedback option? If so, can you pls advise on what steps i need to do?... I know your post was 2 yrs ago and i apologize for the late inquiry that im doing now. Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Contact Westgate directly and ask them for current information. Deebacks to Westgate may or may not even still be an available option.

You have quoted two posts. One person posted here only once, over two years ago now. The other person you quoted offered input and advice in reply, also over two years ago. You really need to contact Westgate directly if you want current and accurate deedback information regarding your specific situation today, these several years later.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
wow, that is really good news for some westgate owners!

could you tell us which resort you owned at? was your week a holiday or event week by chance?