• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maine Resort - Falls/Ogunquit - Carbon Monoxide

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm glad they all survived-----it could have had a very bad ending.

Pat

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
In the 80's we carried a smoke detector with us on vaca until all units finally had them installed where ever we went.

I know most of the units I stay in now have electric heat but it looks like I'll be picking up a CO detector to take with me in the future.

NKN

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
There was a follow-up article in today's paper on the InnSeasons Resorts - The Falls at Ogunquit.

The resort will not be fined because they met the requirements that were listed in the original law.

The resort has announced that they will now be installing CO detectors.

The police chief is receiving calls from customers about other resorts and suggests that you carry a portable unit with you, if you have concerns.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can we change the title of the thread to indicate *which* Maine resort? I don't want folks to think there is only one, or that all have this issue.

NKN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Done. I think.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The sky is not falling...

The police chief is receiving calls from customers about other resorts and suggests that you carry a portable unit with you, if you have concerns.

We've owned and / or stayed at 3 or 4 different Maine timeshare resorts over the years (not including the Falls at Ogunquit, however). To the best of my recollection and knowledge, none of the facilities at which we've stayed have anything but electric heat and stoves, so CO is basically a non-issue when there are no combustible fuel heat sources or appliances present in the first place, no? :shrug:

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We've owned and / or stayed at 3 or 4 different Maine timeshare resorts over the years (not including the Falls at Ogunquit, however). To the best of my recollection and knowledge, none of the facilities at which we've stayed have anything but electric heat and stoves, so CO is basically a non-issue when there are no combustible fuel heat sources or appliances present in the first place, no? :shrug:

It's not just your individual room you have to worry about.

Your room's proximity to any pool heater, laundry room heaters or common water heaters that use a fossil fuel could send the poisonous CO into other areas.

As I stated earlier, I will be taking a CO detector with me until everywhere has them installed.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's not just your individual room you have to worry about.

Your room's proximity to any pool heater, laundry room heaters or common water heaters that use a fossil fuel could send the poisonous CO into other areas.

As I stated earlier, I will be taking a CO detector with me until everywhere has them installed.

Valid points all, John. Certainly a cheap enough protective measure and I will likely do so as well in the future.

talkamotta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Im glad they are installing the detectors. Im staying at that resort second week of April. Looking forward to visiting Maine. Im thinking that with all the snow and cold weather they've had this winter, their spring will be extra warm and dry. :D

NKN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Think again....April can be cold and rainy with occasional snow. Might have an off day when it is nice but don't count on it.

Nkn

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
April is definitely mud season, but should be before the blackflies, so there's that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

talkamotta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Positive thinking......positive thinking

Northern Utah is the same thing. Dress in layers. We have had such a nice winter. Snow up in the mountains, great for skiing (pay attention to avalanche warnings) but not much snow on the benches and valley. If that happens we get hit in spring and then there are lots of disgruntled people.
So Im thinking the northeast has been slammed this year.

Besides have you ever noticed with the right attitude....."It just doesn't rain on my parade".

Looking forward to visiting that part of the country.

Steve NH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmm - we are heading out to that resort tomorrow....
I hope the have the detectors installed already.....

Thanks for the heads up............

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hmm - we are heading out to that resort tomorrow....
I hope the have the detectors installed already.....

Thanks for the heads up............

It wouldn't hurt to run out to WalMart today and pick one up. I won't be vacationing with out one.