• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ongoing Search in RCI came through!!

susieq

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
I'm so excited ~ I began the search last March, (one of the days that could be started for free), and got an e-mail late this afternoon. We're booked into Samoset Resort next summer!!! Have been trying to get this resort for what seems like forever, was beginning to have my doubts too.............:cheer: Now for the planning stage.........:ponder:.... gee, I better hurry, only 410 days left...:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

NKN

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Enjoy, the planning and the visit!

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yessa!

We're booked into Samoset Resort next summer!!! Have been trying to get this resort for what seems like forever, was beginning to have my doubts too.

Good score --- congrats! :clap:

If I was a gambling man, I'd have bet almost anything that your actual "odds" of success for exchanging into a summer week at Samoset would be very near to zero.
Summer week owners at Samoset who can't / don't use them themselves generally rent them out --- and usually for a small fortune --- rather than "deposit" them.
Apparently because of the "limited kitchen" (i.e., there is no oven beneath the stovetop burners) Samoset weeks are seriously undervalued (IMnsHO) as "deposits", so "deposit" for far-too-few RCI TPU's is not the best "value" choice for an owner. You've definitely beaten the lottery odds on this one, so again --- congrats. Enjoy!

Last edited:

susieq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks all!! Maybe I should play the lottery!!.............:rolleyes:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Congratulations on a great match.

I am glad it wasn't another post about a DVC match. I am happy for people who get DVC but it seems most excited exchangers are talking about DVC exclusively. A lot of ex- words there in one sentence.

How many points was it?

susieq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm weeks ~ it was 28 TPU. Had seen a few in 2016 for more than I had, I had just about given up hope.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm weeks ~ it was 28 TPU. Had seen a few in 2016 for more than I had, I had just about given up hope.

I don't play the exchange game anymore (and haven't in years now), but I do track the TPU value of weeks we own (including at Samoset). 28 TPU is quite simply a steal for a Samoset summer week (...thank the "limited kitchen" foolishness for that associated low TPU valuation).

You'll have an ocean view, regardless of your building / unit assignment (there are three separate but essentially identical timeshare buildings). You'll have, without any additional charge, access to a fully equipped, air conditioned health & fitness facility on site, within very short walking distance. The ocean view "zero entry" pool by the main building, redone just a few years ago, is quite spectacular (but usually closes right after Labor Day). There is also an indoor pool inside the health club.

What you won't have is any fresh baked cookies from the (non-existent) oven in your "limited kitchen". ;)

I can't for the life of me comprehend why a Samoset owner would "deposit" a summer Samoset week with RCI for meager TPU's anywhere in the 20's, when they could very easily rent out such a week (even if it's only a 1BR unit) for $1,500+, but I'm nonetheless very happy for your good fortune. By all means, go out and buy yourself a lottery ticket --- I think you're on a roll today. :D

P.S. I love Samoset; it has only one (occasional) "downside" IMnsHO. The three timeshare buildings are wooden, with three floors in each building. If there are kiddies running laps around the unit directly above you, or dragging the furniture around in the kitchen area above yours --- and adult supervision is not being appropriately exercised, you'll definitely "share" the noise. If you're on the top floor, you won't get to "enjoy" any such racket at all. We bought top floor fixed weeks there after "enjoying" that particular lower floor experience of hyperactive cherubs running amok above us for a week. Then again, there may be no such unsupervised track meet activity going on above you at any time, in which case there is no noise issue at all. I guess in the end it's "luck of the draw" as to unit availability. There are no "floating" weeks at Samoset, only fixed weeks in specific units, so you presumably just get exactly (and only) that which was actually deposited, with no choice or other say in the matter of unit assignment.

P.P.S. Washers and dryers are on the top floor in the approximate center of each individual building. Not free, coin operated --- quarters only.
No "change making" machine; you'll have to go to the resort check-in desk over in the main hotel building for change if you don't already have quarters on hand.

Last edited:

susieq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't play the exchange game anymore (and haven't in years now), but I do track the TPU value of weeks we own (including at Samoset). 28 TPU is quite simply a steal for a Samoset summer week (...thank the "limited kitchen" foolishness for that associated low TPU valuation).

You'll have an ocean view, regardless of your building / unit assignment (there are three separate but essentially identical timeshare buildings). You'll have, without any additional charge, access to a fully equipped, air conditioned health & fitness facility on site, within very short walking distance. The ocean view "zero entry" pool by the main building, redone just a few years ago, is quite spectacular. There is also an indoor pool inside the health club.

What you won't have is any fresh baked cookies from the (non-existent) oven in your "limited kitchen". ;)

I can't for the life of me comprehend why a Samoset owner would deposit a summer Samoset week for paltry TPU's in the 20's, when they could very easily rent out such a week (even if it's only a 1BR unit) for $1,500+, but I'm nonetheless very happy for your good fortune. By all means, go out and buy yourself a lottery ticket now --- I think you're on a roll today. :D

P.S. I love Samoset; it has only one (occasional) "downside" IMnsHO. The three timeshare buildings are wooden, with three floors in each building. If there are kiddies running laps around the unit directly above you, or dragging the furniture around in the kitchen area above yours --- and adult supervision is not being appropriately exercised, you'll definitely "share" the noise. If you're on the top floor, you won't get to "enjoy" any such racket at all. We bought top floor fixed weeks there after "enjoying" that particular lower floor experience of hyperactive cherubs running amok above us for a week. Then again, there may be no such unsupervised track meet activity going on above you at any time, in which case there is no noise issue at all.

P.P.S. Washers and dryers are on the top floor in the approximate center of each individual building. Not free, coin operated.

I certainly agree ~ we did get very lucky on this one. It is a 1 bedroom that we traded for ~ 8/29 - 9/5. The only units that I had seen available from May to October, were listed for 35+ TPU. Somebody up there must've been grinning big time. Like I said, I requested July/August ~ and had just about given up hope!

We do exchange most years. Have only stayed at our home resort maybe 4 out of 20 years. Have gone on some fantastic vacations though. The secret IMHO is to plan ahead, do research, and be open to what you may not have thought of.

I usually do request the top floor ~ and thanks for the info on the washers/dryers.

donnaval

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the exchange! We were lucky and snagged one in the summer a few years ago. Loved it, and hope to go back some day. We did not have an ocean view, though - we were on the lower level so our view was of shrubbery, but we could still hear the ocean! And the limited kitchen had the best little countertop convection oven - you could bake some cookies, no problem lol. I loved how they had little notebooks in the unit and you could enter your own experiences of your visit, plus read what others had to say - we picked up a few great tips about the area from reading the notebook. We really loved everything about the place, and especially enjoyed walking out to the lighthouse every day. Good score!