• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I just pulled the trigger on a Buy It Now on eBay for Manhattan Club for Thanksgiving

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It was a great price (1BR for Sun to Sun Thanksgiving week $1200). It would have cost me more to use my RCI Points if the availability was even there. This was definitely a spur of the moment decision.

My husband and I went to the Manhattan Club for the first time last August and spent 3 nights. We really enjoyed ourselves, then drove up to Lake George for a week at the Lodges of Cresthaven. Two great exchanges.

My Mom spent some time on a business trip many, many years ago, at the Manhattan Club. When she heard we were going, she said that she would love to go back to MC, especially at Thanksgiving.

My Mom is in poor health, rides a scooter and is on oxygen. She is hopeful that a new course of treatment will assist her with her breathing. She recently purchased new equipment that can be taken on planes. I was going to surprise her for her birthday in September about the trip. However, I think that this is something that I need to share with her before buying airfares or amtrack tickets. I'm leaning towards non-stop flight into LGA (1-1/2 hrs), compared to amtrack, which will be a nine hour ride.

I have no illusions. I know it will be extremely crowded and I will be by myself with my Mom. My husband's peak season for his job will be in full swing that week; so, no way he can go to assist.

I would like to take her to a Christmas concert at Carnegie Hall, see a Broadway show, see the balloons inflated and the parade, have Thanksgiving dinner somewhere and take her out for a little shopping.

I'm just not sure how to handle the mobility issue. I was trying to figure out a way to take her scooter (drive up with her car and her scooter). Maybe I can rent one in NY City. Will she even be able to get down the streets with a scooter? I think that if I could enlist the aid of one other person to come along, it could be done. But I don't know who that would be right now.

Will the experienced NYC travellers chime in with their thoughts and opinions, please?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The MC bathroom off the LR has a shower where the BDR bath is an oversize tub/shower. I would call the MC and see IF they have any handicap assessable units now - if so, get the owner to request one. Or as you have PAID for the purchase, get the reservation in YOUR name.

Any siblings who might help out for a couple of days during the trip?

Wonderful season to be in NYC. I hope your trip with Mom is special.

jjlovecub

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is dirt cheap!!! For the first time ever we couldn't use our week so I reserved Thanksgiving week and rented it on Red Week for more than double your price. Great deal!!!! Enjoy!!!

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mom is overjoyed--She will be able to scratch this off her bucket list!

I've done a lot of reading since I posted. She's capable. I'm capable. We're going to pace ourselves. We're very excited.

Thank you for the tip on requesting a handicapped accessible unit!

Yes, fantastic deal!!! I couldn't believe what I was seeing!!! :cheer:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Have a great time in NYC that week. I would love to do it someday. You did get a deal.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Where was Ad?

I'm potentially looking to rent 6 days over Thanksgiving at West 57th St by Hilton. (For a much higher price.:whoopie:)

I'm curious where you saw the ad you accepted for the Manhattan Club.

Thanks!

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was a 30 day listing on eBay. I scan eBay nightly.

I'm potentially looking to rent 6 days over Thanksgiving at West 57th St by Hilton. (For a much higher price.:whoopie:)

I'm curious where you saw the ad you accepted for the Manhattan Club.

Thanks!

It had just been posted when I saw it. I couldn't believe it.

I wasn't even considering a trip to NY, but there it was and I had remembered what my Mom said about that being something she wished she could do one day. It makes me pretty awesome right now! :banana:

stugy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just pulled the trigger....

Most areas have scooter rentals. That might work out better for you. They would even deliver to the Manhatten Club
Pat