• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interesting morning with Wyndham

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
And when I say interesting I mean Ive chewed my fingernails down to nothing and pull my hair out by the handfuls and whats left of my hair has gone to a whiter shade of white

Todays the day, exactly 13 months from check in Feb 24 2017 Mardi Gras in New Orleans and The Daytona 500 in Daytona, so the call center would be busy

I was prepared with two phones one for the VIP number and one for the regular number and I had enough La Belle Maison points to get 16 studios, So at 9 I hit the dial buttons. I was not fast enough and was on hold , in the queue,,,,,waiting and waiting. The regular line answered first at about 9:20 and I got someone who told me a lot of their computers crashed and she couldnt do anything for me for a few minutes finally she was able to get to work and inspite of asking her not to, she put me on hold.... meanwhile the VIP line answered and I put her to work too.. she got me 9 one bedrooms We said our goodbys and I was still on hold on my other line. Finally she came back on the line, she had managed to do just 3 reservations for me, a studio a studio presidential and a one bedroom presidential

I had wanted 16 studios but am satisfied with the 12 reservations I have

What did I learn... 2 lines are better than one, and some VCs are better than others, and next year Im going to have a back up plan.. I would not have been prepared if I had been shut out today

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron,
I know your pain .... and frustration. I have had VCs during ARP want to chat about MY weather, ask dumb questions (have you been there? Is it nice?), and I have been using 2 phones for several years.

And I never get exactly what I want either. And again, something is better than NOTHING.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Ron, do you normally get 3, 4, or 7 day reservations for Mardi Gras?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron, do you normally get 3, 4, or 7 day reservations for Mardi Gras?

In past years I did a mix of 3 and 4 night reservations, this year a I did all 4 nights (Fri to Tuesday) The last parades are Tuesday morning so my guests can check out, catch the last parade and go home> the 4 night reservations seem to me to be a nice compromise between 3 and 7

next year Im going to have more points to work with so Ill probably do the whole week and then inside 60 days, cancel and rebook 5 night reservations

I also own Worldmark and I use it to make Mardi Gras reservations at Avenue Plaza. Their rules are different . I have to do at least 7 night reservations So I general i do 8 nights, Tuesday to Wednesday, but I have some regular customers that ask me for reservations longer than a week. Worldmark allows that so I always do several 10 day reservations

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron, that was outstanding 12 out of 16 reservations. The Force must be with you.

ekajun1957

Reaction score
Ron I got the few I wanted with the exception I wanted one 2BR for week which all were gone by the time I either phone to answer. The second VC to answer had computer problems she said and it disconnected before she came back. Other also said there were 205 people in the queue at one point

nkldavy

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are They Not Enforcing ...

... that we can't have more that 10 at a resort at the same time?:shrug:

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ron has multiple Platinum accounts

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
... that we can't have more that 10 at a resort at the same time?:shrug:

For the same days correct, not just the same resort.