• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Margaratville, USVI, availability info?

jerrybev

TUG Member
Reaction score
hi
We are platinum and planning ahead for next year, and noticed Margarataville costs 350,000 points for a 1 BR presidential, which is a lot of points. Anyone have any accurate information about booking capacity (availability of units) at that resort?
I have this thought in mind, wondering if we could book Jan. 2017 60 days out at half points? Or would the resort be expected to be full in Jan. and Feb?
thanks
jerry in north Carolina

Wyndham has 2 other resorts in St. Thomas, I believe. A salesperson told me Bluebeard's Castle was run down, and better to stay at another resort there....anyone have any information? thanks

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Margarataville

Is this Margaritaville with a North Carolina accent? ;)

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
hi
We are platinum and planning ahead for next year, and noticed Margarataville costs 350,000 points for a 1 BR presidential, which is a lot of points. Anyone have any accurate information about booking capacity (availability of units) at that resort?
I have this thought in mind, wondering if we could book Jan. 2017 60 days out at half points? Or would the resort be expected to be full in Jan. and Feb?
thanks
jerry in north Carolina

Wyndham has 2 other resorts in St. Thomas, I believe. A salesperson told me Bluebeard's Castle was run down, and better to stay at another resort there....anyone have any information? thanks

This is not from watching availability this is just my thoughts on a nice new resort during prime time. I doubt you will find a full week for the exact time you are looking for. If you are willing to risk waiting, you might be willing to cancel and rebook for half the points.

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it possible your meaning Bluebeard's Beach Club? Bluebeard's Castle is a separate resort on STT . I'd put both at 3* level, though it's been 3 years since we stayed at the Beach Club.

hi

...Wyndham has 2 other resorts in St. Thomas, I believe. A salesperson told me Bluebeard's Castle was run down, and better to stay at another resort there....anyone have any information? thanks

jerrybev

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it possible your meaning Bluebeard's Beach Club? Bluebeard's Castle is a separate resort on STT . I'd put both at 3* level, though it's been 3 years since we stayed at the Beach Club.

hi
yes, thankyou for correcting me. I was referring to jBluebeards Beach club in my inquiry. I hope some folks will respond with suggestions of #2 grade timeshares at St. Thomas, whether Wyndham or RCI.
Jerry in N.C. (with the southern accent)

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Margaritaville Vacation Club is a club within a Club Wyndham Plus, (The other ckubs within Club Wyndham Plus are : Club Wyndham Select, Club Wyndham Access, and Club Wyndham Presidential Reserve) and there are other sub Club Wyndhams coming (Club Wyndham Asia, and Brazil for example)

Heres waht the website says about "intra club" reservations: (ive bolded info of importance to a Platinum owner.

As I read Margarita owners will get ARP and Platinum Club Wyndham Plus owners will be able to reserve at 10 months. However 50% of the units may be held for Margarita owners up to check in

Heres what the website says:

"From 13 months to 11 months in advance of arrival, Margaritaville Vacation Club owners will enjoy exclusive access to their "home" resort.

Reservations at Margaritaville Vacation Club resorts will be available exclusively to Margaritaville Vacation Club owners and CLUB WYNDHAM®
Plus VIP members. VIP status and benefits are recognized at these locations.

Reservation timelines will depend on VIP tier level:

VIP Silver may book reservations 6 months prior to check-in date (High and Value seasons only)

VIP Gold may book reservations 8 months prior to check-in date

VIP Platinum may book reservations 10 months prior to check-in date"

also

"Margaritaville Vacation Club owners have an Advance Reservation Priority (ARP), which allows you to confirm a reservation from 13-11 months in advance of your check-in date at your “home” resort. If additional resorts are added to Margaritaville Vacation Club, then owners will enjoy access to these resorts 11-10 months prior to arrival.*

Reservations made within the Advance Reservation Priority window are subject to availability, and can only be made using points associated with your Margaritaville Vacation Club ownership.

Margaritaville Vacation Club owners within CLUB WYNDHAM Plus are eligible to request a reservation (10 months prior to check-in) at any of the more than 75 resort locations listed in the “Your Resort Collection” section of the CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Member’s Directory, pages 10-211.

During the St. Somewhere Society Privilege Period, from 10 months to the date of arrival, up to 50 percent of unreserved Standard Margaritaville Vacation Club inventory may be held back for the exclusive access of Margaritaville Vacation Club Standard owners, subject to availability."

So how easy or difficult will it be for a Platinum Club Wyndham owner to get a reservation?? The answer at this point is its anyones guess. My guess is that until the place is sold out, there should be no problem. And if Wyndham continues to add new locations it will be no problem until they are all nearly sold out

Last edited:

jerrybev

TUG Member
Reaction score
Margaritaville Vacation Club is a club within a Club Wyndham Plus, (The other ckubs within Club Wyndham Plus are : Club Wyndham Select, Club Wyndham Access, and Club Wyndham Presidential Reserve) and there are other sub Club Wyndhams coming (Club Wyndham Asia, and Brazil for example)

Heres waht the website says about "intra club" reservations: (ive bolded info of importance to a Platinum owner.

As I read Margarita owners will get ARP and Platinum Club Wyndham Plus owners will be able to reserve at 10 months. However 50% of the units may be held for Margarita owners up to check in

Heres what the website says:

"From 13 months to 11 months in advance of arrival, Margaritaville Vacation Club owners will enjoy exclusive access to their "home" resort.

Reservations at Margaritaville Vacation Club resorts will be available exclusively to Margaritaville Vacation Club owners and CLUB WYNDHAM®
Plus VIP members. VIP status and benefits are recognized at these locations.

Reservation timelines will depend on VIP tier level:

VIP Silver may book reservations 6 months prior to check-in date (High and Value seasons only)

VIP Gold may book reservations 8 months prior to check-in date

VIP Platinum may book reservations 10 months prior to check-in date"

also

"Margaritaville Vacation Club owners have an Advance Reservation Priority (ARP), which allows you to confirm a reservation from 13-11 months in advance of your check-in date at your “home” resort. If additional resorts are added to Margaritaville Vacation Club, then owners will enjoy access to these resorts 11-10 months prior to arrival.*

Reservations made within the Advance Reservation Priority window are subject to availability, and can only be made using points associated with your Margaritaville Vacation Club ownership.

Margaritaville Vacation Club owners within CLUB WYNDHAM Plus are eligible to request a reservation (10 months prior to check-in) at any of the more than 75 resort locations listed in the “Your Resort Collection” section of the CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Member’s Directory, pages 10-211.

During the St. Somewhere Society Privilege Period, from 10 months to the date of arrival, up to 50 percent of unreserved Standard Margaritaville Vacation Club inventory may be held back for the exclusive access of Margaritaville Vacation Club Standard owners, subject to availability."

So how easy or difficult will it be for a Platinum Club Wyndham owner to get a reservation?? The answer at this point is its anyones guess. My guess is that until the place is sold out, there should be no problem. And if Wyndham continues to add new locations it will be no problem until they are all nearly sold out

hi
thankyou for taking the time to write such a lengthy and informative reply, to benefit me and others.
sincerely
Jerry in N.C.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
hi
thankyou for taking the time to write such a lengthy and informative reply, to benefit me and others.
sincerely
Jerry in N.C.

You are welcome but

I didn't write it. I copiedand pasted from the website

I use questions like these to educate myself. Rather than saying what my father used to tell me when I asked a question which was "look it up" I look it up myself and answer the question. That way I further my own knowledge

So Thank You

Last edited:

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use questions like these to educate myself. Rather than saying what my father used to tell me when I asked a question which was "look it up" I look it up myself and answer the question. That way I further my own knowledge
Funny, that's what my mom told me all the time as well.

Once my daughters are old enough, I plan to tell them the same thing. It has served me well throughout my life -- certainly saved me from purchasing a retail timeshare when I first got into timesharing.

-ryan

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Funny, that's what my mom told me all the time as well.

Once my daughters are old enough, I plan to tell them the same thing. It has served me well throughout my life -- certainly saved me from purchasing a retail timeshare when I first got into timesharing.

-ryan

Theres a difference. Sometimes I told my daughter to "look it up" because it would serve her well throughout her life And sometimes I told her to "look it up" because I didnt know the answer and was too busy to help her

theres a difference I think.

And here on TUG my motivation is different yet. I got so much help here, when I started with timeshares, I want to play it forward. and I want to keep learning myself

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Theres a difference. Sometimes I told my daughter to "look it up" because it would serve her well throughout her life And sometimes I told her to "look it up" because I didnt know the answer and was too busy to help her

theres a difference I think.

And here on TUG my motivation is different yet. I got so much help here, when I started with timeshares, I want to play it forward. and I want to keep learning myself
My mom's primary goal was to make sure I knew how to look things up (maybe not as applicable with the internet today) whether it be at the library, in an encyclopedia, etc. Of course, there was likely the secondary reason of being too busy to help at that particular time.

For me, I always look things up because I am always interested in learning more about everything -- whether it be timeshares or anything else I encounter in life.

-ryan

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are only the owners that bought through the developer able to reserve at this resort?
Sue

You have to buy "something" through the developer to be VIP, so to that extent, yes.