• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fairfield Glade in March?

eschjw

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oakmont
Nashville

There are a ton of clubs in Nashville and the Bluebird is probably the best known. I like to walk down Broadway to the river and just pop in and out of the many bars with all the bands playing just for tips. The Opry is also a must do if it fits in your schedule. The lineup tonight was Brad Paisley, Old Crow Medicine Show, Elizabeth Cook, Asleep at the Wheel, The Quebe Sisters and Del McCoury w/ Hot Rize.

eschjw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oakmont
March weather on the Cumberland plateau

I spent the last weekend in March at Fall Creek Falls and it was spitting snow on Friday night. So you never know what the weather will be like in March. By the way, Fall Creek Falls was recently voted one of the top ten state parks by the readers of USA Today.

Your visit to Fairfield Glade was on my mind when I found a May $199 bonus week there on DAE. Could not resist it, so I now have a week of golf there to look forward to. :whoopie:

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
I spent the last weekend in March at Fall Creek Falls and it was spitting snow on Friday night. So you never know what the weather will be like in March. By the way, Fall Creek Falls was recently voted one of the top ten state parks by the readers of USA Today.

Your visit to Fairfield Glade was on my mind when I found a May $199 bonus week there on DAE. Could not resist it, so I now have a week of golf there to look forward to. :whoopie:

That's great! I've noticed that Fairfield Glade is a very easy exchange on RCI too, so I'm sure we'll be going back within the next few years. I'd like to check out the Big South Fork park that TUG member swilshire recommended above, and I'm sure we'd go back to revisit Fall Creek Falls. I think what made the trip exceptional for us was including Nashville and the Smokey Mts. Next time, I hope to golf more also.

I saw that poll and actually voted for Fall Creek Falls a few times. Even before our trip to TN, I was getting reminders to vote on that poll nearly everyday on Facebook from our local state park (Ha Ha Tonka in Missouri). The thing is - I'm pretty sure that Ha Ha Tonka finished ahead of Fall Creek Falls, but after hiking both, I much prefer Fall Creek Falls and voted for it.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, we enjoyed the hiking with the local hiking club at FF Glade. The group was very friendly and reached out to the newcomers and made all feel welcome.

eschjw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oakmont
You are right. Ha Ha Tonka was fourth and Fall Creek Falls was sixth.

I have been told that the Big South Fork is rugged and beautiful, but I have never been in the park. I did stay close by at a B&B in Rugby and went on several hikes near there.

Fairfield Glade is only about 80 minutes from where I live near Chattanooga. If you return there, I highly recommend that you check out this area also. Chattanooga is #3 on this list of the 20 coolest outdoor towns.

http://matadornetwork.com/trips/americas-20-coolest-towns-outdoor-adventure/

Last edited:

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
We came close to visiting Chattanooga last time, but ran out of time - I'd love to see some of the historical sites there. Thanks!

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains

There is also a nice, small RCI Points cabin resort near Fall Creek Falls. The name isn't coming to me right now, but it shows up as available once in a while. Our family spent a weekend there a few years ago. The fireplace made it very cozy and we enjoyed our visit to Fall Creek Falls.

Sheila

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I have been told that the Big South Fork is rugged and beautiful, but I have never been in the park. I did stay close by at a B&B in Rugby and went on several hikes near there.

Big South Fork is beautiful and we go up some years to see the Fall colors, but there isn't much in the park as far as amenities. It is also a bit of a drive from anywhere to stay. It takes us more than an hour to get to the entrance. We drive home via the Rugby side, which is enjoyable. We always seem to miss it, but the local Mennonites have certain Saturdays when they welcome the public and sell Sorghum and baked goods.

Sheila