• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Hampshire HELP

wrkirt

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Need assistance regarding resorts in Conway or Lincoln area that trade with RCI. We are planning on a Sept 2015 week and I am not impressed with any of the resorts I have reviewed on TUG. We are not that finicky and are not expecting a Marriott or similar but we do appreciate a nice resort with decent bed and TV etc. Any firsthand recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all who respond.
Bill in Cambridge Maryland (Sunny and 45)

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
A few years back we stayed at Steele Hill Resort in Sanbornton, NH. It was in a beautiful area and central to doing a variety of NH locations. It is fairly close to Lake Winnipesaukee, and about an hour and a half to Conway. We stopped in Conway and took the train on the way back from Mt Washington which was about 2 hrs and 15 min away. We also did a day on the NH Coast.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My suggestion is first decide which side of the Kangamangus Highway you would prefer to stay on. Be prepared that September is shoulder season and many attractions may close down after labor day. (mountain zip linings, mini golf, theme parks, etc)

The North Conway side is a bit more commercialized. You will find outlet shopping and chain restaurants mixed into the rural area.

Lincoln (to me) it a bit more what I go to NH for. The outdoors, mountains, small towns, local restaurants etc.

They are only about 45 minutes from each other via the "Kang".

In Conway: We have stayed at the Attitash Moutain Suites and Eastern Slope Suites and they have always been fine.

In Lincoln: My top choice is InnSeason South Mountain followed by InnSeason Pollard Brook. South Mountain has a much better location as it is easy walking to the little town.

We have been to most TSs in the area....you are correct, you will not get a Marriott. But, there are some that we return to year after year. Let us know what is available and I can give you my thoughts.

eliotmark

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would stay in Lincoln. The area will make up for any shortcomings with the resorts. There is a hiking/biking trail that runs through the Notch. If you enjoy the outdoors, you will have more than a week's worth of things to do near Lincoln. Drive to Conway to shop tax free at the outlets on a rainy day!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Just got back from our second XMAS holiday in Lincoln at Innseasons Pollard Brook. (see my review just posted) Also spent this past Sept. at South Mountain. Both resorts are nice.I did put reviews of both on TUG and they were favorable. Also, in Sept. there is the Scottish Highland Games going on for a 3 day wknd. (mid-Sept) and I highly recommend spending at least a day at this event if you are there during this time. (see web site for info.) Lots going on. Also, lots to do in Lincoln and the surrounding areas- Lost River, Cog Railway to summit of Mt. Washington, Franconia Notch, Woodstock Inn and Brewery, Clarkes Trading Post if you have kids, etc. It is also not a bad drive to go south to Lake Winnepausauke and take a boat ride to Wolfeboro, which we also did in Sept. Take a ride to Littleon, Sugar Hill (Robert Frost house), Bethlehem. Do a Moose tour. If you don't mind driving around for a bit you will have plenty of things to do. Be prepared- can be cold in Sept!!

We also like North Conway a lot. We have stayed at the Suites at Eastern Slope Inn (make sure you get the "suites" and not the regular older units) and Crown Ridge Resort (not crazy about these- basically townhouses in the woods outside the village) and also in Bartlett at the Grand Summit (which is more hotel- like). I prefer the Suites at Eastern Slope Inn there. Visit Echo Lake.

I prefer the location of Lincoln, as it is an easy hop on and off Route 93. North Conway is out of the way, although close to the Maine border. We are actually renting a condo (Home Away) in May to spend a bit more time on that side and explore.

Any questions, just ask. Been going to New Hampshire for years since our only child lives there.

PS The Kancamaugus Highway is an experience in itself, as it is 32 miles from the Conway area to Lincoln. Beautiful scenic drive with lots of places to stop off and take in the scenery or hike, etc. That is a day or more right there.

Last edited:

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Deer Park (RCI #2131) in Lincoln, NH for a winter week a few years ago, taking a few young family members to ski at Loon Mountain for a few days.
The property is off the main road, quiet, and comprised mostly of privately owned condos, but there are also a few timeshare buildings there as well.
It's a pretty good walk from the timeshare buildings to the building where the check-in desk, pool and hot tub are located.

Nice enough accommodations and a gas fireplace was an unexpected nice feature for our winter week stay. A branch of the Pemigewasset (sp?) River was in plain view behind our building. Wooden structures (which always seem to transmit noise quite well), but there were actually very few people in our building at all during our stay.

Large pond on site, probably quite a busy place in summer and early fall. Probably a relatively easy RCI "exchange" (except during school holiday periods).

Not a hearty recommendation, just food for thought, since this additional RCI option has not been mentioned at all in any other posts above regarding Lincoln, NH.

Btw, I'm not sure if the Kancamaugus (sp?) Highway is always open throughout the winter between Conway and Lincoln, if that's when you plan to be there. I seem to clearly recall a closed gate at the Lincoln end (near Loon Mtn.), but it was admittedly very snowy weather at the time so that "closure" may been just temporary during snow plowing operations --- I dunno. :shrug:

Last edited:

wrkirt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all

Thanks for your help; reviewed all and checked at RCI and just booked week at South Mountain in Lincoln; sounds great. Looking forward to getting back to New Hampshiiiiiiiireeee.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
FYI- the Kanc Hwy. is opened year round. Enjoy South Mountain. It's very nice and very convenient.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Bear Notch Road, which is a turn off the Kancamagus is closed by a gate during the winter.