• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Massanutten - Day use of Facilities

winnipiseogee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Morning!

Anyone know if Massanutten owners are allowed day use privileges as the swimming pool/water park?

Thanks

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
They only allow day use if you made a direct developer purchase and have a "gold card". Owners who purchased resale do not receive day use privileges and can only use the facilities when staying on-site.

The water park is open to the public for a fee. It is fairly expensive. Depending on the time of year there may be discounts available. It is the same price if you are staying at Massanutten or not.

winnipiseogee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tschwa - So if exchange into the resort I still need to pay the daily fee for the water park? Thats stinky.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If you exchange in you get recreation passes for the regular indoor and outdoor pools. The water park is $38 per day.

jc3

TUG Member
Reaction score
They only allow day use if you made a direct developer purchase and have a "gold card". Owners who purchased resale do not receive day use privileges and can only use the facilities when staying on-site.

I've heard a lot of people say this, but we bought ours on eBay about 4 years ago (definitely not through the developer), and we were issued gold cards. Maybe we were lucky?

Mister Sir

TUG Member
Reaction score

I've heard a lot of people say this, but we bought ours on eBay about 4 years ago (definitely not through the developer), and we were issued gold cards. Maybe we were lucky?

Does anyone know for sure if the Gold Card is available for resale purchasers?

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this helps or not, but if you go on a timeshare update tour we were given Free water park passes for 1 day's use. Additionally, if you go later in the day you can save some dollars on admission to the water park.

We used RCI extra vacations to stay there and received the blue passes for the regular pools - was not good for the water park.

Cynthia T.:)

Steve NH

TUG Member
Reaction score
The other thine to consider when buying Massanutten Resale.
Do you get the 'Bonus" weeks thru RCI.

Salesman as Massanutten will say "No" - But I sold a unit to someone and they definitely got the bonus weeks (I called RCI prior to the sale to confirm)

I do not remember if then ended up with the Gold Card

Mister Sir

TUG Member
Reaction score
The other thine to consider when buying Massanutten Resale.
Do you get the 'Bonus" weeks thru RCI.

Salesman as Massanutten will say "No" - But I sold a unit to someone and they definitely got the bonus weeks (I called RCI prior to the sale to confirm)

I do not remember if then ended up with the Gold Card

I DID get the bonus week with my resale purchase. :whoopie:

I do not get a gold card but I'm ok with that considering I saved myself $10k or $20k by not paying retail. :banana:

Also, the Gold Card is only issued to the owner of record, not to spouse, guests, or children unless their name is on the deed.

In other words, pay full price and we'll give you a few bucks in savings. No thanks!