• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

12-Day Closing with Realty Closings, Inc.

Quiet Pine

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Bought SDO on eBay and monitored the closing so I could report. Speedy! Seller was Timesharepro2 (John Kushman) in CO; closing handled by Realty Closings, Inc. (Danni Geer) in MT. Seller paid closing costs. Closing info is online and easy to track. I never made a phone call.

July 8 eBay auction ends 10 a.m., I emailed info required for deed 11 a.m., received closing docs from John Kushman 5 p.m.
July 9 mailed signed docs to Resort Closings, Inc.
July 11 buyer funds received (I used PayPal, put it on a credit card)
July 12 buyer docs received
July 14 docs sent to recorder
July 19 escrow closed
July 20 final docs sent to resort & new owner (me!)

I expect Starwood to take a week or two to transfer ownership. Is it better to monitor MyStarCentral or call Owner Services?

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Congrats!
Its nice to hear of a positive closing experience,
since its mostly the bad ones that make the rounds.

fishingguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
one week + a day closing

I just had a TS I won on eBay close through Realty Closings, Inc (Reva Peuse):
- I won the auction on 7/7
- Got the contract, resort info and made PayPal escrow payment on 7/8
- Returned the signed paperwork and emailed an electronic copy of the same on 7/8
- It was electronically submitted and received at the county recorder on 7/8, followed by a paper copy on 7/11.
- The county filed it on 7/15.

New owner in a week + 1 day. Resort has to transfer/acknowledge ownership next.

From the county records the deed was already in the seller's company name from the previous owner. So there was no Power of Attorney or other funny stuff involved. So far a quick and solid TS buy....

ScubaKat

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a great experience with Resort Closings (Katherine Mason) too! Won bid on 7/19 and had the deed and paperwork in hand by 8/3! Now if Wyndham would just hurry up with the transfer.

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
Congrats on the fast closing. We have two closings with them - Island Seas and Maui Schooner which we purchased on ebay end July. Still waiting to close on both. Not panicking yet!

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
John Kushman

The name of the company is actually Resort Closings. We appreciate the positive words.

John Kushman

Do you handle Kauai (Hawaii) closings as well?

kenie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm so depressed. :bawl:

I won mine a month ago and the papers are at the recorder now.

Actually I have had a very positive experience up to this point.
I called once for an update because my paperwork was mailed from Canada and we had just had a postal strike....
The whole process is updated online and they responded to my e-mail very quickly.
Nothing but good things to say about Resort Closings and Katie so far.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cathyb,

Yes, they do. We purchased a Kauai Marriott week from them and it went very smoothly. It was the second week we purchased through John and Resort Closings and everything went really well. Very professional company in every aspect!!

Jan

Do you handle Kauai (Hawaii) closings as well?

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Jan--one more question

Cathyb,

Yes, they do. We purchased a Kauai Marriott week from them and it went very smoothly. It was the second week we purchased through John and Resort Closings and everything went really well. Very professional company in every aspect!!

Jan

Thank you -- we would be selling or gifting a Kauai -- is their expertise selling as well as handling buyers?

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cathy,

I don't really know what John's company's expertise is but I know they sell a lot of timeshares on Ebay and do the closings with Resort Closings. We have had no problems with either and both of our buys have been off of Ebay with RC handling it.

J

Thank you -- we would be selling or gifting a Kauai -- is their expertise selling as well as handling buyers?

timesharepro

TUG Member
Reaction score
John's expertise

I like to think of myself of an expert at nothing, but very well versed in many things (slight chuckle).:D

I oversee the sales of about 90% of the properties that are closed through Resort Closings. We sell under the ebay names timesharepro2, snownsun4ever, and vaca4life2.

I am also a consultant for the the company that sells under the name timesharepro1. Their properties are closed through GO Properties Inc.

If you ever have any issues that you feel are not being resolved by your closing agent at Resort Closings, feel free to contact me.

Kenie, PM me if there is anything I can do to help with your closing.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ive worked with these guys too (5 contracts since the first of the year) and everything has worked out, but Ive learned to watch their listings on ebay for mistakes

Heres one that they have up for auction now..... "2 bed,1 bath Lock Of" I think its a little strange that a lock off only has one bath...

One that I bought was advertised as a one bedroom unit with a queen bed and sleeper sofa...in fact its a studio with one king

Another I bought was advertised as having a full kitchen, in fact its a kitchenette built into an alcove, and there is no oven. It was also advertised as a floating week, floating over 47 weeks. (5 special event weeks are blacked out) In fact this one is a special event week that can get one of those 5 special event weeks, in addition to the other 47 weeks (I think I got a deal on this one)

On one of the deals they insisted on having my wife sign the deed when I was clear that she wasnt going to be on the title. I refused and told than that if that was a requirement they could simply return my money...I got a letter, stating "sorry I was thinking about the seller"

Maybe all ebay sellers are as careless as these folks are and certainly its good advice to check up on all of them before you bid, but I give these guys an extra degree of checking before I bid...And I still bid on their stuff

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
[duplicate post deleted - DeniseM Moderator]

See "TimeSharePro1 & Go Properties" in "Buying, Selling, Renting"

Last edited:

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ive worked with these guys too (5 contracts since the first of the year) and everything has worked out, but Ive learned to watch their listings on ebay for mistakes

Heres one that they have up for auction now..... "2 bed,1 bath Lock Of" I think its a little strange that a lock off only has one bath...

One that I bought was advertised as a one bedroom unit with a queen bed and sleeper sofa...in fact its a studio with one king

Another I bought was advertised as having a full kitchen, in fact its a kitchenette built into an alcove, and there is no oven. It was also advertised as a floating week, floating over 47 weeks. (5 special event weeks are blacked out) In fact this one is a special event week that can get one of those 5 special event weeks, in addition to the other 47 weeks (I think I got a deal on this one)

On one of the deals they insisted on having my wife sign the deed when I was clear that she wasnt going to be on the title. I refused and told than that if that was a requirement they could simply return my money...I got a letter, stating "sorry I was thinking about the seller"

Maybe all ebay sellers are as careless as these folks are and certainly its good advice to check up on all of them before you bid, but I give these guys an extra degree of checking before I bid...And I still bid on their stuff

Ron,
Buyers can get great deals when sellers make mistake or misinform the week :)
ebay buyers are smart and very cautious, those misinformed weeks don't get many biddings and in many cases, turn out to be a pleasant surprises!

Those high volume ebay sellers list many, many weeks each day or each week, and they cannot verify 100% accurate info about ownerships.
That's why buyers should do their due diligence.
Anyway, Resort closings is working for my newly purchased week now and Melinda is very nice and responsive to my emails and questions.

bjones9942

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lindo Mar, Puerto Vallarta; Lake Tahoe Beach & Ski, South Lake Tahoe
Since this topic is also covered in another thread, I'm pointing to my post there.

Not all of us have had wonderful dealings with Resort Closings. From my experience (and apparently Ron's as well) you would be wise to scrutinize every word on the eBay listing as well as any paperwork sent you. You would also be wise to contact the resort to confirm the particulars of your potential purchase. Of course, this should be everyone's planned course of action when buying any property sight-unseen, but with this company I'd be extra diligent to insure you are really getting what you think you're getting.

Original post here.