• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free Waterside, Hilton Head 1 br Every other Year Even

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Free Waterside (Spinnaker Flexible Ownership) 1 br Biennial even years
First usage 2016

MF (paid on use year only) $610
Float weeks 11-52
Exchange company: II

Floor Plan

The resort requires a prepayment of $750 toward future MF's. This must be paid directly to the resort at closing to complete the transfer. This will cover all of 2016 MF's and the next MF will not be due until 2018 and the prepaid MF's will cover a portion of the 2018 fee's as well.

In addition to the prepaid MF's of $750 the new owner will be responsible for $150 toward the closing, recording fees and transfer fees. I will cover any remaining fees above $150 for the closing and transfer.

Reservations can be made 12 months prior to desired check in. For summer months I absolutely recommend using the 12 month booking window. I have not had any problem booking June, July or August weeks when booked 12 months in advance.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Bumping up. If you are looking for a nice 1 br resort in Hilton Head that can be booked during Spring Break, Summer, or Fall this one is perfect. It would be too small for a large family but it is perfect for a couple or a family with young children.

Every other year in Hilton Head is great. You do not have to belong to an exchange company if you don't want to and the MF's are less than what you can rent a comparable unit for 90% of the float period.

It isn't on the beach but it is certainly bike-able and even walk-able (although you may not want to when it's hot). The resort does provide a shuttle to the beach at Coligny which my niece says is the nicest best equipped public beach anywhere although with nicest also comes fairly crowded during peak season. We loved going after 4 pm when the crowds thinned out but the water is warm and the air is a little cooler. Waterside also has a shuttle which will take you to their sister resort Bluewater Resort and marina on the intercoastal where they have kayaks and fishing and crabbing programs.

So $900 total (nothing to me) gets you your choice of a 2016 week with MF already covered and about $100 (or a little more) toward your 2018 MF's.:ponder: If you can't use one year I suggest you reserve a summer week and rent it out. It isn't going to be a huge money maker but it will cover 100% of your MF's without too much effort and a little extra with extra effort. The primary exchange company is II but they do not let you pick a summer week to deposit.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHbWtnXiI-4

Bumping this one up too. Waterside Resort in lovely Hilton Head. Now is the time if you want to reserve a summer stay for 2016.
Float weeks 11-52
Saturday-Saturday.
1 BR sleeps 4.
Full kitchen
781 sq ft interior / 945 sq ft including balcony.
There is a cost-free shuttle bus to the coastline that runs many times a day throughout this time around of year if you don't want to walk or stress about parking at the beach.

Last edited:

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I've stayed here and love the location easily walkable to dining, shopping and beach. If I didn't own several I'd grab this one to use in summer. Fun times there!

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If anyone wants to try it in 2016 before committing for 2017 let me know. You pick the dates. I will charge $100 above MF and then after staying you will have 8 months to decide if you want the unit I will put that $100 straight toward transfer fees with LT transfers.

The float season includes all the best times in HHI. Spring is great for golfing, biking and tennis. Summer is great for beach and family fun. Fall is great for warm water and smaller crowds. HHI has great dining. Savannah and Charleston are nearby areas to explore.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This one is in the process of being transferred. Thanks.