• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What are current Maui TS Presentation incentives?

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there resorts still offering incentives for attending timeshare presentations in Maui (i.e at Marriott, Westin, etc.)? If so, what are the incentives? Can any be used for dining out?

lv_maui

Reaction score
Are there resorts still offering incentives for attending timeshare presentations in Maui (i.e at Marriott, Westin, etc.)? If so, what are the incentives? Can any be used for dining out?

Geez, my brother is posting here now!!! Yes, they still have incentives but it varies so much.

denverbob

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at the Westin Maui Resort and Spa in August and took the tour of the Westin villas. We received $100 resort credit which we used for a tour. We might could have negotiated more, but we showed up at the desk and they took us 5 minutes later, so the timing could not have been better. Villas are very nice, but they quoted about $27k for an every-other-year 2bed/2bath villa.

Kona Lovers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Geez, my brother is posting here now!!! Yes, they still have incentives but it varies so much.

Sounds like a "there goes the neighborhood" type of thing.:rofl:

Anyway, it's true it varies so much that it's often not worth wasting valuable vacation time on them.

Marty

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
We stayed at the Westin Maui Resort and Spa in August and took the tour of the Westin villas. We received $100 resort credit which we used for a tour. We might could have negotiated more, but we showed up at the desk and they took us 5 minutes later, so the timing could not have been better. Villas are very nice, but they quoted about $27k for an every-other-year 2bed/2bath villa.

The $100 resort credit is the standard award, I don't think you could have gotten more. It can be used at the very nice restaurant at the Westin Maui Hotel.

cgeidl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Same Incentive Always

90 minutes plus in Hell is the incentive. Why suffer if you will buy on the secondary market anyway?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Don't do it! :D I had to add that, just for the fun of it.

I cannot go to another timeshare sales meeting. I think I will be kicked out the next time, because no one is going to be able to hold me back from yelling out loud: "BUY RESALE, SAVE TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS!"

Rick will be embarrassed, and they won't give me the gift......:rofl:

Kona Lovers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't do it! :D I had to add that, just for the fun of it.

I cannot go to another timeshare sales meeting. I think I will be kicked out the next time, because no one is going to be able to hold me back from yelling out loud: "BUY RESALE, SAVE TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS!"

Rick will be embarrassed, and they won't give me the gift......:rofl:

Cindy,

That is one meeting I would actually want to go to! Your show would be the incentive for me! :hysterical:

Marty

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Cindy,

That is one meeting I would actually want to go to! Your show would be the incentive for me! :hysterical:

Marty

I am serious about this. :) But I won't go, so no matter. I am never going on another again. The last time was Marriott Horizons in Orlando. Never again.

Kona Lovers

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am serious about this. :) But I won't go, so no matter. I am never going on another again. The last time was Marriott Horizons in Orlando. Never again.

Sorry, didn't mean any offense. Our last presentation was at a Wyndham, and I wanted to do exactly what you're saying myself. I just think it would be funny to watch, and then get involved myself and see the whole place go up in a chorus of RESALE!!! RESALE!!! and see what they'd do to everybody.

Ok, dream over, but it's a thought....

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I do a Marriott presentation every time we go away, just recently at the Marriott Oceanwatch in Myrtle Beach. We also did Aruba Surf in Feb, Surfwatch in 2008 and Maui in 2007. Each time we elected to take the 15k Marriott points for a total of 60k. To me its been well worth it. I'm able to say thanks, but no thanks and its never been a high pressure pitch from what I've experienced.

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
:wave: Sounds like the only presentation to attend is a Marriott.

I'd never go to another Diamond presentation after the last one.:Still mad:

There are just too many fun things to do on the islands. Time share presentations are out there with root canals.

Sterling

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry, didn't mean any offense. Our last presentation was at a Wyndham, and I wanted to do exactly what you're saying myself. I just think it would be funny to watch, and then get involved myself and see the whole place go up in a chorus of RESALE!!! RESALE!!! and see what they'd do to everybody.

Ok, dream over, but it's a thought....

I was not offended, I was actually flattered. :) That was a nice dream! I would love to have several people chant Resale with me.

hibbert6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's an idea...

Our last presentation was at a Wyndham, and I wanted to do exactly what you're saying myself. I just think it would be funny to watch, and then get involved myself and see the whole place go up in a chorus of RESALE!!! RESALE!!! and see what they'd do to everybody.

OK, here's an idea. Watch this (very cute) YouTube video and then imagine a dozen or so Tuggers in the same sales presentation. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkYZ6rbPU2M&NR=1

Dave

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you don't want discounts on activities here are the incentives we saw:

1) Wyndham: $100 in VISA gift cards (actually held out for $150)
2) Marriott: $75 in gift certificates good for numerous stores or dining
3) Westin: 7,500 SPG points

Kona Lovers

TUG Member
Reaction score

gstepic

TUG Member
Reaction score
that was great

What a nice way to end my day at work! you can bet I will share that link with a few friends.

Thanks - Gary

VictorB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maui Presentation Gift

If you don't want discounts on activities here are the incentives we saw:
1) Wyndham: $100 in VISA gift cards (actually held out for $150)
2) Marriott: $75 in gift certificates good for numerous stores or dining
3) Westin: 7,500 SPG points

We sat in on the Marriott Maui Ocean Club presentation in July as owners and received two certificates for massages (worth $150). It was the gift of the highest value. It was also very low key and the fastest pitch ever - we said no after the tour and in 15 minutes were out of there!