• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NY restaurant?

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're heading up to NY for a couple of days. What are some of your favorite restaurants in the city? Preferably near the theater district, but we can cab it. Not the most expensive, yet not cheap either. A bar is a must. :) THANKS

NJCOBRA10tha

Reaction score
Mi Nidito on 8th avenue somewhere around 48th.
Best Mexican food I have ever had.

Topaz - very good Thai food 57th between 6th and 7th

liborn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
my secret places.

Daniela Trattoria, if in a hurry and running for a show, under 1 hr. you are out of here.
728 8th Avenue
New York City, NY 10036
(212) 869-3585 phone
(212) 921-5070 fax
http://www.restaurant.com/microsite.asp?rid=325452&rpid=3406
pri fix: $24.95

BECCO Lidia Bastianich restaurant..YUM..YUM, YUM
must make reservations allow time to enjoy the unlimited pasta dishes.
http://www.becco-nyc.com/
Our renowned unlimited table side service of our
Chef's Three Daily Pasta Preparations
Lunch
$17.95
Dinner
$22.95

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza
Daniela Trattoria, if in a hurry and running for a show, under 1 hr. you are out of here.
728 8th Avenue
New York City, NY 10036
(212) 869-3585 phone
(212) 921-5070 fax
http://www.restaurant.com/microsite.asp?rid=325452&rpid=3406
pri fix: $24.95

BECCO Lidia Bastianich restaurant..YUM..YUM, YUM
must make reservations allow time to enjoy the unlimited pasta dishes.
http://www.becco-nyc.com/
Our renowned unlimited table side service of our
Chef's Three Daily Pasta Preparations
Lunch
$17.95
Dinner
$22.95
Anther vote for Becco

Fitzriley

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Wyndham
Our absolute most favorite is in Little Italy, but if you can make it, I recommend Pellegrino's. Ask for Anthony and tell him Greg and Joni sent you. There is no bar to hang out at, but certainly one for drinks at dinner.

http://www.littleitalynyc.com/pellegrinos/

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Carnegie Deli!

stevens397

TUG Member
Reaction score
Orso on 46th St - Restaurant Row. Hard to get in pre-theater. Hip, delicious reasonable and you'll often see a celebrity or two there - but very low key. We love it.

Then again, asking about good restaurants in NYC could lead to the largest thread in TUG history!

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
THANK YOU! I'm going to see what I can book right now from your suggestions. :) We leave today - stay 2 nights. Going to see Wicked. I'll let you know where we ate and how the show was upon return!:hi:

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
well, i asked too late to get into any of the restaurants suggested. we ate at Palm which was good - very good, not great. We ate at Mars (my son wanted to go). Absolutely disgusting.

Wicked was wickedly great!!!!!!!!!

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
after theatre dining

We saw Wicked , and after the show we were starving, so we ducked in off the street into Bobby Van's on W 50th...right down W 50th a block or two from Radio City Music Hall, which was also on the way home from Wicked, if returning to Times Sq. area.

Bobby Van's was amazing, and the food and service was perfect..... in fact my two upper teenage kids said it was "the perfect meal". I agree. It is definitely on the pricey side, BUT it was one of the best memories we have of NYC. My steak was awesome, one of the very best ever, and we were surrounded by waiters who did things non-stop for us the whole meal.....they were seen but not heard, so to speak.....again, perfect.

I have also read some less-than-wonderful reviews on Bobby Van's, but I was shocked, as i don't know what could have happened. The wait staff is experienced and knowledgeable, and they never missed a beat. The menu is fantastic.

There is also a cozy bar attached, just as you walk in, and it was packed....everybody laughing and socializing....looked just like a scene on TV....and the place is very attractive....lots of dark wood, beautiful lighting and ambiance. We'll definitely go back asap.

Also recommend Carnegie Deli, as someone else did.....all the delis are good, but just be expecting a crowd, a long wait, a lot of conversation and noise once inside, and very little space. It's NYC, so just soak it in and have fun...if you do that, it's amazing...the food is definitely amazing. Marty (jme)

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
My wife and I just returned from a great week in NYC. We were treated to dinner by her cousin at Giando's on the Water in Brooklyn. Situated right on the East River, just south of the Williamsburg bridge with fantastic views of the Manhattan skyline and the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges also! Good food.
Definitely a place to consider if want a special meal with a fantastic view.

http://www.giandoonthewater.com/location.html

Richard

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bobby Van's was amazing, and the food and service was perfect..... in fact my two upper teenage kids said it was "the perfect meal". I agree. It is definitely on the pricey side, BUT it was one of the best memories we have of NYC. My steak was awesome, one of the very best ever, and we were surrounded by waiters who did things non-stop for us the whole meal.....they were seen but not heard, so to speak.....again, perfect.

I have also read some less-than-wonderful reviews on Bobby Van's, but I was shocked, as i don't know what could have happened. The wait staff is experienced and knowledgeable, and they never missed a beat. The menu is fantastic.

Bobby Van's is across the street from my office, but I never tried it. I know that my boss likes it. I should go next time.

I usually go over to 52nd street for Bar Americain (Bobby Flay) when I am on the expense account.

Joe

pgnewarkboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I used to go to Joe Allens right near the theater district. I don't know if it is still open. Many broadway stars used to eat there. We saw Judd Hirsh and his family. It was very much a family atmosphere, great food, and a separate bar area. Medium priced. We ate at a Joe Allens in the London theater district and it wasn't nearly as good.