• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean Pointe Resale Deal

sd2734

Reaction score
Just wanted to run this by the board:
2BD/2BA platinum (1-17 and 51,52) lockoff with Ocean Side views.
Usage starts in 2012. MF 1,350 :wall:
Asking price $8,000 with about $620 in Closing and Resort fees.
Is this a good selling price and overall deal?

rudy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Barony, Ocean Point, KoOlina, Surfwatch
Very Tempting

If it is annual usage then a good deal. Lowest I have seen on ebay has been around $10K for Platinum Ocean Pointe. I'd buy it if I had the cash and more vacation time.

FYI: We own Ocean Pointe and we love it! Biggest problem is many snowbirds have purchased several weeks so you have to call at 12 months out and 9:00 am and be willing to accept a Sunday or Thurs check-in... The SAT check-in in Platinum season are very difficult for single week owners.

sd2734

Reaction score
You think... Probably we will L/O and use the Studio (it is just my wife and I) portion for a winter getaway probably in Feb/Mar and then trade the 1BD to another possibly summer destiantion (Virgin Islands, Aruba etc)
I really like the price, but $1,350 in MF seems kinda steep.

E

EducatedConsumer

$1350. seems high to me, granted there are probably property taxes built into that.

I guess if you were to otherwise spend $300.00 +/- a night to rent, $1350. is cheaper than $2100., but I think the value proposition (risks) of owning is neck and neck these days with renting. If you could get 14 nights out of $1350. (factoring in annual increases) by locking-off, that to me creates some value.

I suspect Palm Beach County taxes may be steep, as are the costs of operating an ocean front resort.

sd2734

Reaction score
My calculation asumptions are: M/F $1,350+II Fee $90+L/O $75+ Exchange Fee $300 (both weeks)= $1,815/year! (I did round some numbers because I am not exactly sure what the various junk :D fees are)
That comes to about $260/nite for the 2BD, but goes to only $130/nite if split into 2 weeks and use 14 nights to vacation.

luv2vacation

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at OP - that is a great price! Op trades really well in II, the resort is extremely well-kept & has a great staff, general manager, & board of directors.

Those MF (I think they're actually closer to $1250) include everything (incl. real estate taxes). Fees are high b/c insurance is high from being on the beach in S FL. OP was actually damaged by one of the hurricanes a few years ago.

GREAT place to own & visit!

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
How active is Marriott in grabbing these with ROFR ?? Or do they mainly go for ocean front?

Greg

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
How active is Marriott in grabbing these with ROFR ?? Or do they mainly go for ocean front?

Greg

Marriott is mainly going for nothing. They have picked up a very few high prime weeks at a few select resorts. Of those reported here, one could probably count them on one hand.

sd2734

Reaction score
Is it prudent to do some homework with respect to the week, if yes what exactly should we do, or should we just stay put and count on the Title search to uncover any hidden problems or discrepancies?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Is it prudent to do some homework with respect to the week, if yes what exactly should we do, or should we just stay put and count on the Title search to uncover any hidden problems or discrepancies?

If you know the sellers names you can always do some due diligence yourself and search the deeds online if the county has online records.