• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Humerous Upgrade Glitch

Explorer7

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a little chuckle when I just saw that for a 2 night reservation today I could upgrade from a renovated studio at NY Midtown 45 costing 54,600 points to a non renovated 1 br costing 49,140 points. Points wise it should actually be the other way around. I'm sure a VC could do it manually but none the less got a little chuckle at the glitch.

JohnnyFriday

TUG Member
Reaction score
Funny. Wife and I are heading there for our first visit in June. Renovated Pres Reserve suite. Enjoy your trip!

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes that happens. Also a 2 bedroom presidential to a 3 bedroom deluxe which are the same amount of points.

You can also try to upgrade the largest unit sizes at the resorts but never any success.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
At Park City, you have the option to "upgrade" from a 2BR Presidential unit to a 3BR Deluxe - if for some reason you would rather pay more for the 3BR. The 3BR costs quite a bite less than the 2BR Presidential at Park City.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is all funny to us especially because it is Wyndham but how maybe people actually do those upgrades. Sadly I doubt its zero.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
At Park City, you have the option to "upgrade" from a 2BR Presidential unit to a 3BR Deluxe - if for some reason you would rather pay more for the 3BR. The 3BR costs quite a bite less than the 2BR Presidential at Park City.

It seems obvious to me that the system is choosing upgrades based on the size of the unit, rather than the point cost. Typical of the creaky Wyndham reservation system.