• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ebay sellingtimeguys?

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
any information on this ebay seller would be appreciated. they have 100% rating but i would prefer hearing from you guys.
TIA

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Last edited:

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks denise.. i read all the threads so i would like to revise my question slightly.. has any tugger dealt with sellingtimeguys RECENTLY.. seems like all the postings i read are from 2007-2009 .

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Irish,

We just completed a purchase of two SDO weeks with them. The purchase process was painless and they were very good to deal with. Prompt communication and paperwork. In fact, the longest part of the process was getting Starwood to get the weeks put in our name. :) We would buy from STG again without hesitation.

daytripper

TUG Member
Reaction score
We purchased our Wyndham Sedona from them last summer and completely agree with the comments that the closing was very smooth and painless. They kept us well informed with information on the steps and expected timetables. Couldn't have been happier with the. This is completely unlike the current company that we are dealing with now for Wyndham Worldmark purchase. The poor service by this closing company really reflects badly on the seller.

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of closing one with them, and they've had good communication and have been responsive. Their closing process seems a bit more convoluted than some (electronic signatures through a third party, passing off to multiple people, etc.), but not unreasonable.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I bought a Pahio Wyndham property from them on December 30. Got a letter from Wyndham today that the transfer is complete.

I had regular updates from a couple of people in their office, as well as Elite Resorts Transfer. The transfer company has the same address, so it's all one company.

All the paperwork was done via e-mail with electronic signatures, which saved time.

It was a great deal and fast, smooth purchase. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
linsj,

Same experience with me. Bought a unit from them and it was top notch service all the way. Never had any problems and communication was great.

ran-ran

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
SellingTimeGuys - Awesome!

I bought my first timeshare on ebay from this organization and I found them to be all of the following:
  • Timeshare descriptions pretty accurate
  • Prompt to answer my questions
  • Quick processing time
  • Online contracts
  • Professional
  • Interested in selling timeshares
For the record, I purchased two timeshares from them and both transactions were closed within 30 days. They set standard expectations and deliver higher than average results.

AFARR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting because I've watched a couple of weeks on Ebay

that they were selling...prime summer on the OBX...

And they closed early (despite there being several bids) on both of them. So they (pretty obviously) took an off the auction sale for someone making a cash offer.

I wasn't (necessarily) going to bid on the weeks (they go for $3 to $5k) but wanted to see where the market would shake out..

AFARR

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I asked if they would be willing to accept a purchase outside of the auction....

that they were selling...prime summer on the OBX...

And they closed early (despite there being several bids) on both of them. So they (pretty obviously) took an off the auction sale for someone making a cash offer.

I wasn't (necessarily) going to bid on the weeks (they go for $3 to $5k) but wanted to see where the market would shake out..

AFARR

.....when it was first listed. Summer week, three bedroom, top floor, oceanfront at the only Gold Crown resort on the OBX. Wow, made me drool. :D

They indicated I could make an offer, but that with the number of folks watching the auction and already bidding; that they felt they would probably let the auction run its course. I saw it ended early. Almost makes me wish I had at least submitted my best offer to them. I've bought many timeshares from them and have been happy with all my purchases.

Lesson learned; the worse they could have said was "no, too low." But maybe it wouldn't have been.