• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cancelled reservations made with Credit Pooled points

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was talking to Owner Care today and was alerted that in certain accounts over 1M points, when reservations made with credit pooled points are cancelled, the points are not going back as credit pooled points, but as regular use points.

I hadn't put two and two together as to what was going on, but in one of my accounts I had a large number of points that should have been available, but wasn't. It turns out that the points went back as regular use year points in 2018... but should have been credit pooled points with an expiration of September 30 2018... so that they would be accessible for reservations now.

I point this out as it may have impacted some other owners as well, as the owner care rep said there was a system glitch that was causing it. In my case it impacted over 700K points.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a similar thing happen but points went back to 2016 where they were from originally. I called in a few times and was able to get points put back into the credit pool after what seemed like an act of Congress.

Where were your points for originally? If I can use this to get points to push forward years instead of only a few months in my case if I wanted it would work. The risk I worry about is in the last 3 months of the use year and the points go back to 2016 regular points and owner care does not want to put them back in the pool.

traveldaddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has never worked for me

FWIW the points 'go back to where they belong' system has never worked, and my account is small (relative to the 1 million quoted above).

I am 3 for 3 with cancellations requiring calling in to get it corrected.

If you are managing large amounts of points and reservations, you should be careful IMO. This would be horrible to try to track and I would not trust the system given my experience.

I truly hop it is better for those out there that are more impacted......

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
FWIW the points 'go back to where they belong' system has never worked, and my account is small (relative to the 1 million quoted above).

I am 3 for 3 with cancellations requiring calling in to get it corrected.

If you are managing large amounts of points and reservations, you should be careful IMO. This would be horrible to try to track and I would not trust the system given my experience.

I truly hop it is better for those out there that are more impacted......

It sounds like a hand-on approach that will entail a call to cancel and allocate every time.

I also believe the application of the rule to be sufficiently vague as to allow an owner to "choose" which time period to receive cancelled points as best benefits that owner.

I'll be seeing how this turns out later this year.

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is still an ongoing issue. I recently canceled a reservation made with 2017 points that I placed into the credit pool in 2016.

I needed to change the length of stay of an existing reservation which returned some points back to my account. I made a new reservation to modify dates. The points returned to my account as regular use year points that would expire at the end of Dec 2016 .

I called Wyndham owner care, explained that the original reservation was made with credit pool points, and to my satisfaction they were placed back in to the credit pool for me to use later. The points in the credit pool expire in 2019 instead of 2016.

The call to Wyndham owner care was quickly resolved. No trouble other than my time to make that phone call.

Something strange is going on with the new confirmation that I received this morning. It says that my husband (co-owner) whose name is listed for the reservation is a guest of myself. I did not use any Guest Confirmation. I selected his name from the drop down menu to put the reservation under. I do have 2 reservations for the same time period at the same resort. I placed each of them under different owner names since we needed 2 rooms.

So everyone, please check your points. Make sure if you cancel anything that your points get returned and to the right place.

Cynthia T. :)

Last edited:

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Something strange is going on with the new confirmation that I received this morning. It says that my husband (co-owner) whose name is listed for the reservation is a guest of myself. I did not use any Guest Confirmation. I selected his name from the drop down menu to put the reservation under. I do have 2 reservations for the same time period at the same resort. I placed each of them under different owner names since we needed 2 rooms.

So everyone, please check your points. Make sure if you cancel anything

Cynthia T. :)

That also happens when you change a reservation from one owner to another. No guest certificate is used, but the owners name is preceeded by guest. I suspect this is to make it easier to not accidently cancel overlapping reservations.