• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Converting Fixed Week Contracts

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's a question for those in the know...how many fixed week contracts can you convert with Wyndham in order to become eligible for VIP benefits?

I do realize that Wyndham will require a points purchase in addition to the conversion.

Has anyone had experience with This?

Thanks in advance!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Do you mean PIC weeks or fixed wyndham weeks?

For PIC weeks the rule is two.

For fixed Wyndham weeks, I don't think there is hard fast rule. In fact I don't think they will do it at all in general but if you can get someone to do it then its done if you get it all down as part of the legal contract. The next time would be on a case by case basis and you have to find someone who could approve of it. Each time make sure that the contract includes that it permanently counts toward VIP status. You can bring the maximum weeks that you want to convert to the table all at once and the maximum you would pay to convert them all and see if you can find someone to make that deal happen. I think Ron P. did that with some resale points or weeks and had his offer rejected many times. On the other hand he may have found some sales person willing and able to deal. Even if you approached that same sales person I bet the deal would be on a case by case basis if at all.

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you mean PIC weeks or fixed wyndham weeks?

For PIC weeks the rule is two.

For fixed Wyndham weeks, I don't think there is hard fast rule. In fact I don't think they will do it at all in general but if you can get someone to do it then its done if you get it all down as part of the legal contract. The next time would be on a case by case basis and you have to find someone who could approve of it. Each time make sure that the contract includes that it permanently counts toward VIP status. You can bring the maximum weeks that you want to convert to the table all at once and the maximum you would pay to convert them all and see if you can find someone to make that deal happen. I think Ron P. did that with some resale points or weeks and had his offer rejected many times. On the other hand he may have found some sales person willing and able to deal. Even if you approached that same sales person I bet the deal would be on a case by case basis if at all.
Thanks...this is kind of what I was thinking...i was just reading some old posts about this...one was Ron's experience with the help of a bunch of folks at the Wyndham "basement".

Basically, just thinking if this is another viable option for VIP...guess I'll have to talk to a weasel...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
My guess is you will have to talk to several dozen weasels at various locations (some locations might either be more willing to deal or have someone with enough authority willing and able to deal). You can also try finding an off site corporate salesperson but unlike standard PIC or other current deals you may have to kiss a lot of frogs to find the weasel you are looking for.

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
My guess is you will have to talk to several dozen weasels at various locations (some locations might either be more willing to deal or have someone with enough authority willing and able to deal). You can also try finding an off site corporate salesperson but unlike standard PIC or other current deals you may have to kiss a lot of frogs to find the weasel you are looking for.
You made me think of another question...are there times of the year that the sales offices may be more willing to do a conversion for VIP? Every industry has a sales cycle...when are the sales offices slowest with Wyndham? And that's a very macro question...

On a micro- level, PCB would probably be better in November/December/January, right? Or is my thinking all wrong...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
two situations

1) PIC program, a fixed week at any RCI affiliated resort can be brought into the points program with a 50000 point purchase, 3 bedroom red week at 254000 points and the points count toward VIP.. Allowed 2. So 508000 PIC points plus the 105000 point new purchase = 613000 points and Silver status, add another 105000 point purchase for 723000 and Gold.. The 210000 points will cost you $35000+

2) convert a Wyndham fixed week Depending on the resort they may require a purchase (figure on a 63000 point purchase) or a $2500 fee, or give you a choice. Generally speaking If the week was purchased on the secondary market it will not convert to VIP eligible points, There are however exceptions for some Pahio weeks, or at least there were.

There was a time when you could convert an unlimited number of Pahio weeks to points with one small purchase. When I did it They allowed me to convert 3 weeks with a small purchase.(126 eoy about $12000) And when I last checked, the rule was one for one. each week converted required one small purchase.

Convert the right weeks and its not too expensive,, The Ka Eo Kai 2 bedrooms are 280000 to 350000 points, and the Bali Hai 2 bedrooms are either 308000 or 325000 points so 3 of these week plus 3 63000 point purchases (about $35000) gets you Platinum..

You do have to find the right salesman to do this for you... Id suggest a trip to Bali Hai

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
corporate

Could you do this thru the corporate office instead of dealing with the sleazy weasels? How long does the conversion process take?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could you do this thru the corporate office instead of dealing with the sleazy weasels? How long does the conversion process take?

I tried to do it with a corporate salesman. They don't know any more than the guys at the resorts.

I'm telling you go to Bali Hai.

Actually a trip to Hawaii isn't necessary. I did everything by phone and mail when I did it. Let me know and I'll get you someone to talk to

Last edited: