• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Once again, American Media Slams Mexico...with a news report that is 3 years old

PStreet1

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We see this all the time in "our" part of Mexico, but apparently, they do it all over. This was posted November 22, 2014, 7 hours ago.

Adelle Cordero‎Expats Living in Mexico
7 hrs ·
I am a former US journalist and longtime resident of Mexico who hates the negativity and lack of objectivity about Mexico in the mainstream US news.
Day before yesterday, the Google News HOME PAGE showed a SHOCKING headline from Fox News Latino about a "Mass Slaying in Guadalajara". OMG, I thought and went in and read the story.
Upon very close inspection, I discovered this was a story from 2011 – over THREE YEARS AGO!! This story — which had no business being on that day's news home page — is the type of propaganda and news manipulation that riles people up and keeps them down on Mexico.
Mexico has its problems, as does the US, but a little objectivity and balance in the US news would be refreshing. I guess they just don't want their citizens (with their dollars) moving here.

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We see this all the time in "our" part of Mexico, but apparently, they do it all over. This was posted November 22, 2014, 7 hours ago.

7 hrs ·
I am a former US journalist and longtime resident of Mexico who hates the negativity and lack of objectivity about Mexico in the mainstream US news.
Day before yesterday, the Google News HOME PAGE showed a SHOCKING headline from Fox News Latino about a "Mass Slaying in Guadalajara". OMG, I thought and went in and read the story.
Upon very close inspection, I discovered this was a story from 2011 – over THREE YEARS AGO!! This story — which had no business being on that day's news home page — is the type of propaganda and news manipulation that riles people up and keeps them down on Mexico.
Mexico has its problems, as does the US, but a little objectivity and balance in the US news would be refreshing. I guess they just don't want their citizens (with their dollars) moving here.

Three years old. That is ridiculous, I agree.

CarolF

TUG Member
Reaction score

7 hrs ·

I'd suggest it has little to do with dissuading Americans from moving to Mexico and more to do with generating activity to a website. It has been suggested that old news stories showing up on google news is a "publisher hack" because they are the ones who benefit from the situation (readers = $). I have noticed many old news articles are "updated", the "time" changes and the article displays on google news, again. The sooner people stop supporting poor news reporting and stop clicking on articles with ridiculous headings like "Mass Slaying in Guadalajara", the sooner the US media will change its style.

Adelle may not know that her google news is personalised and she is also able to personalise her own google news service. "Google News learns what you like to read as you continue to use Google News over time and shows you more stories from your favourite topics" https://support.google.com/news/answer/1146405?hl=en&topic=2428815&ctx=topic

Last edited: