• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Price difference on Last Calls between RCI accounts

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed a difference in pricing on Last Call items with their RCI accounts? For the next 6 months I've got a Wyndham RCI account and a regular RCI account. My Wyndham account shows a resort with significantly lower pricing on an upcoming resort week - about $125 cheaper per rental.

I had no idea they were priced differently like that and assumed they were priced the same. Does this happen all the time? Is the Wyndham RCI account better to own?

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whoops, I meant to post this in the "Exchanging" forum.

Moved it to Exchanging Forum

Last edited by a moderator:

piyooshj

TUG Member
Reaction score
wow. How much are they for 1BR and 2BR. Using my HGVC a 1BR last call is 269 + tax.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Which resort, date(s)?

bnorton00

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI Last Call Pricing between Wyndham and Standard Accounts

Ace2000, can you provide more details on the differences in pricing?

I'm looking at potentially buying into a RCI Points resort (triennial) just to get into RCI Points, so I can do something with an RCI Weeks resort (where I can add both into points through Points for Deposit). I keep seeing suggestions that RCI gives priority to their Wyndham folks, but no proof. If the pricing given to Wyndham folks on Last Call, that's some evidence that Wyndham is giving some preference to their own folks. I was looking at HGVC as well since one of my timeshares is an affiliate, and thought it odd they have their own version of RCI as well.

Also, if anyone has any input as to whether Wyndham and Worldmark both use the same portal, or if those are separated and treated differently. In case I decide to take that plunge.

At this point, I am nervous about even buying into a triennial at Grandview, as it appears RCI Points may not be a great option even at $116 mf a year. $124/year membership and ~$200 exchange fees with minimal desirable inventory other than the last call stuff.

I'm probably stuck with my one 2BR timeshare, but trying to give it away. Its located where I live, so I can't even use it for bonus time (they know me and won't let me use it unless I actually am staying). Just looking for ways I can use it, its TPU is 29, which isn't enough to get where I'm interested in staying.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
<snip>
Also, if anyone has any input as to whether Wyndham and Worldmark both use the same portal, or if those are separated and treated differently. In case I decide to take that plunge.
<snip>

A WorldMark RCI account and a Wyndham RCI account would each have a separate RCI portal. This would require two separate RCI accounts.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last month, I booked a Last Call 2BR Fairfield Glade week for $189 from my Wyndham RCI account. The same unit was priced at least $75 higher on my other regular RCI account. Perhaps they were targeting a special promotion to only the Wyndham side, but I thought it was interesting it was that much cheaper.

bnorton00

TUG Member
Reaction score
Regular RCI vs Wyndham RCI

I assume you don't have deposits, so there is no way to see if the list of available resorts differs between the two? If Last Calls are priced differently, it makes me question the entire availability mechanism.

Certainly I could see Wyndham giving some preference to deposits made via Wyndham owners to other Wyndham owners, whether I like it is a different story.

If RCI is giving priority access to resort reservations with preference toward some group of owners, it greatly reduces the value and I don't really want to pay this much for a membership; everyone here seems to be complaining they can't get much on RCI, some of that is simply ignorance in how it works, but RCI seems to be playing games as well. Hard to know since the best way to get a resort is an on-going search.

Did you just buy a Wyndham resale and gain access? I assume there is no way to get a Points for Deposit from a non-Wyndham resort into the Wyndham RCI portal (short of going through a standard developer purchase). When I was talking with HGVC developer about their RCI portal, it was a no-go for non-HGVC (and affiliates) deposits.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
I assume you don't have deposits, so there is no way to see if the list of available resorts differs between the two? If Last Calls are priced differently, it makes me question the entire availability mechanism.

My RCI Weeks account was available through my Wyndham points. I sold them a few months ago so now I have no more points, but my RCI account is still active through April 2015.

I do not have RCI points. Recently I purchased another RCI Weeks account just so I could deposit another non-Wyndham week. That's how I was able to see the comparison. Even today, there is a slight difference in the pricing with the Wyndham RCI account being slightly cheaper pretty much across the board - not as pronounced as it was a month ago. I have no idea why it was that much cheaper last month, but I thought getting a 2BR Fairfield Glade for March was a nice bargain at $189 through Last Call. By the way, it was some kind of special deal because they had the price with a red line through it, with the final price in red. And that special pricing was only available on the Wyndham RCI account. Same for today's pricing - red line through the price, just not the same amount of discount as last month. I just thought it was strange because I assumed it would be the same pricing on both accounts.

Yes it was resale Wyndham points, and I really can't do a deposit comparison since I only have one deposit.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
RCI has two types of sales/promotions. Some are for evryone, while others are targeted. This is true for both exchange promotions and Last Call/extra Vacations. Just because you saw it through the Wyndham portal doesn't mean everyone with a Wyndham portal had the sale available. I have a points and weeks account and about 10% of the promotions aren't available to both accounts.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI has two types of sales/promotions. Some are for evryone, while others are targeted. This is true for both exchange promotions and Last Call/extra Vacations. Just because you saw it through the Wyndham portal doesn't mean everyone with a Wyndham portal had the sale available.

Just to be clear, when I gave away my Wyndham points, I lost my Wyndham login at that time, so I no longer go through the Wyndham portal. However, I still can login directly to the old RCI weeks account (through April). That is where I got the 2BR Glade for $189.

I haven't used RCI rentals much in the past since I had so many Wyndham points, but one of the reasons I got rid of the Wyndham points is that I feel I can rent through RCI cheaper. I was hoping someone else with both types of accounts could chime in and tell us if they see the same difference in prices.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
No Joy. I just signed on to my Points account and checked a couple of Last Calls. There were 14 check-ins in Las Vegas in April for $219. Then I backed out and signed on to my Weeks account. When I went to check Last Calls, I got a message that the search function was down, and to check later. I'll try it again in a while. I've never checked both to see any correlation/ cross platform sharing of inventory, always assuming it to be the same on either side.

Stay tuned.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've never checked both to see any correlation/ cross platform sharing of inventory, always assuming it to be the same on either side.

Stay tuned.

I assumed the same and was surprised at the price difference a month ago. Today, on the exact same units, I see cheaper prices on my RCI Weeks (from my closed Wyndham account), but the savings are only about $15 per unit. Again, the normal price has a red line through it and the Sale price is listed directly below. Last month, there was definitely a higher difference with the Wyndham RCI account being significantly cheaper.

If it was targeted specifically to me, it may have been because I hardly used the account for several years. It's probably not worth any further hassle. Obviously since I will no longer have the Wyndham/RCI account after April I am a little concerned.

Last edited: