• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton 6 days/5 nights offer for Big Island

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I received an email offer of 6 days/5 nights for $699 with tax at either Oahu or Big Island, with an obligation to attend a 2-hr presentation. We have been planning a trip to Big Island and Oahu. With my Marriott, I should be able to get Ko'olina but without a RCI account, my choices for Big Island are fairly limited in II. My husband really prefers to stay at big name (hotel-affiliated) resorts and I see this as an opportunity to stay at Hilton on Big Island.

Any downside to taking this offer except for the grueling/torturous 2 hours obligation? Any other thoughts?

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Who gave you this offer? Is it available to anyone?

Dojan123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can not think of any issues if you do not mind the 2 hours. I loved my stay at Kings Land. You will need a car if you want to go anywhere.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This came to my work email which is unusual. All my correspondence with Hilton (Hilton Honors) has been on my private email. Someone must have sold my email address to them.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The stay is supposed to be at Hilton Waikoloa Village, which presumably is not the same as Kings Land? I google and they appeared to be separate.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
The stay is supposed to be at Hilton Waikoloa Village, which presumably is not the same as Kings Land? I google and they appeared to be separate.

The Hilton Waikoloa Village is the Hilton resort. It's a hotel, not a timeshare unit. If you stay there you will have no kitchen, no laundry facilities. Before you decide if you want to accept the offer I'd double check about the accommodations. If you stay at the Hilton there is a fee for parking.

Kings Land, Kohala Suites and Bay Club are all timeshare properties that are in the Waikoloa resort area and are Hilton properties.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
The Hilton Waikoloa Village is the Hilton resort. It's a hotel, not a timeshare unit. If you stay there you will have no kitchen, no laundry facilities.

FYI: All rooms have a refrigerator, and there's a coin laundry room on the property. But, yes, it's not like staying in one of the timeshares.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
FYI: All rooms have a refrigerator, and there's a coin laundry room on the property. But, yes, it's not like staying in one of the timeshares.

That must be new since we stayed there. At least I don't remember a refrigerator in our room.

And a refrigerator is not the same as a kitchen. I stayed in a motel in Sunnyvale, CA when visiting my dd. It had a refrigerator, a microwave and a coffee maker. Great, I think, I can have breakfast in the room. Except....there were no utensils, plates, or anything else to prepare or eat with. :hysterical: I solved the problem by buying yogurt and fruit, some plastic utensils and bowls. I managed, but not what I'd want to do with a family.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
We took a similar promotion in 2010 and stayed at the hotel. It's a basic hotel room with a fridge and microwave. We were in the building that is shaped like an eight at the far end.

At that time, I called the Hilton rep about the promotion and asked about staying at Kohala Suites (it was called something different in 2010). It was possible for me to stay there but the Hilton rep encouraged me to stay at the hotel because of all of the amenities at the hotel.

I didn't know about Kings' Land. Keep in mind, this is a promotion and Hilton wants to you to visit their property. If I were you, I would call the Hilton rep and ask about staying at Kings' Land. I bet they would accommodate your request. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
We took a similar promotion in 2010 and stayed at the hotel. It's a basic hotel room with a fridge and microwave. We were in the building that is shaped like an eight at the far end.

At that time, I called the Hilton rep about the promotion and asked about staying at Kohala Suites (it was called something different in 2010). It was possible for me to stay there but the Hilton rep encouraged me to stay at the hotel because of all of the amenities at the hotel.

If you are staying at Kings Land or Kohala Suites, you get to use the amenities (including the pools) at the Hilton.

I didn't know about Kings' Land. Keep in mind, this is a promotion and Hilton wants to you to visit their property. If I were you, I would call the Hilton rep and ask about staying at Kings' Land. I bet they would accommodate your request. It doesn't hurt to ask.

What's interesting is that awhile ago I was looking for a one night rental and the hotel was going for less than either Kings Land or Kohala Suites. So it would be interesting to see if they'd be willing to put you up at a more "expensive" property.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
You might want to check out rentals on the Big Island. Just for fun I checked through vrbo and they have a few condos in the Waikoloa Beach resort that would go for under $700 for a week. I'm sure that is dependent on what time of year you would be going. Most rentals in that area start at $115/night. This would be for a condo in the area. There are some very nice looking ones.

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Who gave you this offer? Is it available to anyone?

I received a similar offer when I called to make a reservation for a Hilton hotel. The rep asked if I was interested in being transferred to hear about a special timeshare offer from HGVC. I received 1,000 Hilton Honor points for listening to the offer. The offer was for several locations including Hawaii.

You could try calling in for a reservation to see if you get the offer.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I received a similar offer when I called to make a reservation for a Hilton hotel. The rep asked if I was interested in being transferred to hear about a special timeshare offer from HGVC. I received 1,000 Hilton Honor points for listening to the offer. The offer was for several locations including Hawaii.

You could try calling in for a reservation to see if you get the offer.

The offer I received is for Oahu and Big Island.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
When does this offer expired and what are the traveling dates to use this promotion ?

weems637

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton HGVC Tuscany
Hurricane House in Sanibel Island (managed by Hilton
Wyndham Cypress Palms
Wyndham Glades
Club Wyndham Access
2 hour tour

two hour tour. The tour boat the Minnow when for a three hour tour and ended up on an island, for several seasons. I'm seeing similarities.....

MikeinSoCal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received a similar offer a few years ago. The original accommodations was at Hilton Waikoloa Village resort. But I asked if I could stay at Kingsland, since I was interested in the timeshare there. It was no problem and they put me in a two bedroom in Phase 1. The timeshare presentation was not bad. It took all of 90 minutes. I got a lot of information out of it and then bought resale.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I did this tour back in 2009 and stayed in the hotel. We liked the hotel alot and wouldn't mind staying there again. I remember that trip because the Chargers (and Philip Rivers) beat the Giants (and Eli Manning) on a last minute touchdown. The pool bar was evenly divided with Giants fans and Chargers fans. That was a great trip -- Big Island rocks.

Of course, soon the San Diego Chargers will become the Carson Thugs. :doh:

Best,

Greg

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Two hour tour. The tour boat the Minnow went for a three hour tour...

A circus-tent barker recently tried to lure me into a "tour" by saying:
"For HGVC owners, we only require a one hour presentation."
I nearly snorted: "Sorry, hun. I've got better things to do with my time
... no matter how much you leave on the night-table.

onenotesamba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sea World, HGVC Boulevard/Strip
I was offered that same promotion, when I called to put my Hhonors number on a hotel stay for business, and they transferred me to a different desk. It sounded like a good opportunity, but I couldn't commit to Hawaii within the next year. They were also offering a rental car for a week, and a $200 reimbursement for a future Hilton hotel stay.

I didn't take the Hawaii deal (They offered either Waikoloa or Waikiki), but they also suggested Orlando or Las Vegas, and since we were planning a Vegas trip anyway, we purchased 4 days-3 nights at Elara for $169, with VIP show tickets and dinner for two, and the same $200 reimbursement for a future stay.

So, we're going to Vegas in November, and we're obligated to sit through a presentation where we'll say "no" for two hours. But I fully expect that we'll buy resale at some point down the line, so having a relatively inexpensive trial-run, and an opportunity to ask questions of the sales people is not such a bad deal for us.

MikeinSoCal

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I did the promo on the Hawaii deal, I was also given a rental car, luau for two at HWV, hhonor points (can't remember how many) and the $200 Hilton certificate. One word of advice, read the certificate carefully. There's a thread here someone about it. Mine specificaly said to be redeemed at a "Hilton" property. Double Tree, Hampton Inn, etc. don't count.

MattnTricia

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of these promotions would tie in nicely to a vacation I am planning next year.

There used to be advertisements for them on the HGVC website.

I book a lot of hilton rooms but not usually through a 1800 number.

Any idea how to find out what the current offer is?

onenotesamba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sea World, HGVC Boulevard/Strip
When they offered it to me a while back (along with slightly different offers for Orlando and Las Vegas...they told me there was one for Carlsbad, as well, but that it had already sold out), it was 6 nights at Waikoloa for $699, with a rental car for a week, and a $200 voucher for a future stay at a Hilton Hotel property. You had to book the trip within a certain number of days and you had up to a year to stay.

The Vegas and Orlando deals were for shorter duration, less expensive, with different "add on" premiums--Vegas was dinner for two and VIP show tickets, rather than a rental car--but with the same $200 voucher, and you had to use it within six months, rather than a year. There were also 5000 Hhonors points, as well, not including the 500 they gave me for listening to the pitch. You had to commit to doing a 2 hour presentation, and stay for the whole 2 hours. There were some fees for changing the reservation, and some other things.

Ultimately, I took the Vegas package, instead and they sent me an e-mail confirmation the next day telling me that if I booked by a certain date, they'd give me an extra night for free. When I called to make the reservation, they offered me the opportunity to stay either on the Strip, at Elara, or at Trump, and we picked Elara. We also upgraded from a studio to a 1BR for a small fee--I think maybe $70 for the entire stay--can't recall, for certain.

I was offered the promotion, because I called the 800 number to add my Hhonors number to a hotel reservation. I'd imagine that if you called to make or cancel a reservation, or to make some other change on your Hhonors account, they'd ask you if you'd be willing to hear about a promotional opportunity for 500 Hhonors points. So, maybe make and/or cancel a reservation by phone, and see whether they pitch it to you?