• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean Walk pictures Oct 2015

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
At Ocean Walk for 2 weeks. Checked in Thursday and no VIP desk, but only 2 people ahead of us. No parking pass/pool band tango, but after they handed these to me, they asked if we might like to attend the owners' update to learn about Dulce resorts, the new Gulf shore resort and some other news. I said no.

We had two phone calls. Hubby told them no when he answered, then it was my turn to answer the phone and parking pass woman wanted to know my birth date and could they bring us a welcome package Sunday morning at 9:30 (no that's too early and we will have company. Then they wanted to know if they could bring it 9:30 Monday morning and I said too early...so agreed to 10:30. We shall see what that is on Monday. Oh, and I asked why they needed to know my birthdate and was told it's required by registration now. Why didn't they ask at registration then?

We are in the South Tower room 813 and it's completely renovated and very nice. Our unit is 2 BR Deluxe and it was a reservation broken into 4 parts, but it was combined so we stay in one unit without us asking.

Got you some pictures:

New stainless double sink. Kitchen also now has glass top Whirlpool stove and microwave oven, and Amana dishwasher. Fridge is normal old GE.
WP_20151029_17_01_23_Pro_zpsktirvmmg.jpg

Here's the living room:
WP_20151029_17_00_50_Pro_zpsb7zzj1y2.jpg

Here's the 2nd bedroom:
WP_20151029_17_01_59_Pro_zpsu32oxnz0.jpg

Master bedroom. We slept well on the new mattress.
WP_20151029_17_04_03_Pro_zpsuzwjqge7.jpg

Here's what the tiles look like in the bathroom. The fixtures look the same.
WP_20151029_17_04_43_Pro_zpshu3iiluj.jpg

Love the new mirror closet door and pretty drapes:
WP_20151029_22_06_32_Pro_zpsc7siay65.jpg

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Nice, but you should have unplugged the phones, you have cellphones right? I hope they bring you a nice welcome basket on Monday. Then leave you alone for the rest of your stay!
Silentg

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ocean Walk 2015

We saw a sign at the check in desk that the mini golf was being rebuilt and here's what's there now (I really miss it!):
WP_20151030_14_04_55_Pro_zpsndsqpyzh.jpg

The Eatery is still there and was open for breakfast/lunch:
WP_20151030_14_07_40_Moment_zpso4nclz9y.jpg

There was a pumpkin carving contest in the lobby. The staff in various resort departments did the art work and the guests voted for their favorite:
WP_20151030_14_10_16_Pro_zpss8hn4cus.jpg

The South pool was closed along with the slide and hot tub. There was lots of work going on to refurbish this area. The North pool and Lazy River were all open and in perfect condition.
WP_20151030_14_12_58_Pro_zpsoum9ijra.jpg

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice, but you should have unplugged the phones, you have cellphones right? I hope they bring you a nice welcome basket on Monday. Then leave you alone for the rest of your stay!
Silentg
Yes, I knew what I was inviting by not unplugging, but I wanted to see what would happen. Will let you know here what comes. And we can still unplug anytime :D

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the new look of the resort. Was every unit completely remodel?

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing.

We stayed in a 4 BR Presidential and some 3 BR Deluxes the end of August in the North Tower. They are in need of a remodel. The furniture is pretty worn and stained. We joked that we didn't even have fake fruit in the 4 BR Presidential (the decorations were sparse).

But still LOVE Daytona. Have a great time.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Then they wanted to know if they could bring it 9:30 Monday morning and I said too early...so agreed to 10:30. We shall see what that is on Monday.

We are in the South Tower room 813 and it's completely renovated and very nice.

Can't wait to hear about the gift and visit Monday. Mostly, how long did it take to shoo the guy out the door.

Was this unit one of the flooded units?

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
At Ocean Walk for 2 weeks. Checked in Thursday and no VIP desk, but only 2 people ahead of us. QUOTE]

Unless things have changed, the VIP check-in desk/counter is at the east end of the counter on the other side of a column at an angle. There is, or at least was a small brass 'VIP Check-in' sign.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unless things have changed, the VIP check-in desk/counter is at the east end of the counter on the other side of a column at an angle. There is, or at least was a small brass 'VIP Check-in' sign.
That desk is still there and I looked, but nobody was working there and there wasn't a VIP sign there. It was okay as we didn't have to wait very long. I've had to wait just as long when there was an open VIP desk.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
Late Saturday Late October Afternoon

Shot a few pics on the way out to walk on the sand.
This is the Lazy River today it's in the shade of the buildings late in the afternoon:
WP_20151031_14_08_10_Pro%201_zpskzuspibc.jpg

Here's the North pool area. You can see part of the Turtle's Nest. It's open
and some people are buying beverages. You can see people are enjoying the pool area.
WP_20151031_14_08_51_Pro%201_zpsizlzlfx8.jpg

This is a children's water play area which I don't even remember seeing here before. It's north of the North pool.
WP_20151031_14_09_20_Pro%201_zpse28fptzc.jpg

Last edited:

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
TV at Ocean Walk 2015

Someone might like to know that the TV in the living room now actually has free video on demand for many shows. I don't know if the bedroom boxes have this...probably not. No premium channels like Showtime and HBO are free...just the regular ones. But hey, if you have a favorite, you might not have to miss it while traveling...or give it up completely while everyone goes to the beach.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to hear about the gift and visit Monday. Mostly, how long did it take to shoo the guy out the door.

Was this unit one of the flooded units?
This very likely was a unit affected by the flooding from the fire control water pipe that broke late last year.

The welcome pack lady from guest services arrived about 10 minutes late. She wanted to make sure my husband was here and greeted him too. She, of course, wanted to do her "survey". I said, "I was only expecting you to deliver a welcome pack, not a survey." She wanted to know what I had been told and I explained that I had been around the block enough times to know that "welcome pack" equals "survey". She offered me the 2015 Member Directory, and I said no thanks, I was told she had the 2016. She said no those hadn't been printed yet, and I said that was what I thought, but not what the front desk said.

So, it was relatively painless. She wanted to know if I knew about their new and improved points card and I said that I was already a member of Wyndham rewards; so she backed off that one too. She gave me the welcome pack and said good bye. 5 minutes at the most.

Ocean Walk 2015 welcome pack:
Nice cloth bag good enough to hold a pair of shoes in your suitcase, bottle of Nestle water, 4 vending machine packs of various snacks. Much more useful than a plastic poolside straw cup for us. Thanks, for the thanks Wyndham.

WP_20151102_10_56_27_Pro_zpsszphplfm.jpg

WP_20151102_10_57_49_Pro_zpsrysixlcd.jpg

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wups! The phone rang around 7:30 last night and guest services wanted to remind me that the Welcome gift would be delivered next morning. I said "again?!" and told the lady that she had been here already that morning.
She was "sorry". But we could have had double snacks if I'd kept my mouth shut! :ignore::D

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
Alarms

At 11:49 AM there was an announcement over the two speakers in the ceiling of our unit (speakers are in living area only) which said to ignore a fire alarm. Then a minute later there was a fire alarm sounding with voice announcement saying that there was a fire alarm in the building and to exit the building by proceeding to the stairs. This was given in both English and Spanish several times before it went silent again.

A while later we went down to the lower lobby to use the computer printer. Apparently their computers have USB disabled and we couldn't use a memory stick to print a document. Anyway, on the way there, in the hall and in the elevators was this notice that the power will be off tonight. Oh joy! :D

WP_20151103_12_23_09_Pro_zps6fsixb1j.jpg

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
This very likely was a unit affected by the flooding from the fire control water pipe that broke late last year.

The welcome pack lady from guest services arrived about 10 minutes late. She wanted to make sure my husband was here and greeted him too. She, of course, wanted to do her "survey". I said, "I was only expecting you to deliver a welcome pack, not a survey." She wanted to know what I had been told and I explained that I had been around the block enough times to know that "welcome pack" equals "survey". She offered me the 2015 Member Directory, and I said no thanks, I was told she had the 2016. She said no those hadn't been printed yet, and I said that was what I thought, but not what the front desk said.

So, it was relatively painless. She wanted to know if I knew about their new and improved points card and I said that I was already a member of Wyndham rewards; so she backed off that one too. She gave me the welcome pack and said good bye. 5 minutes at the most.

Ocean Walk 2015 welcome pack:
Nice cloth bag good enough to hold a pair of shoes in your suitcase, bottle of Nestle water, 4 vending machine packs of various snacks. Much more useful than a plastic poolside straw cup for us. Thanks, for the thanks Wyndham.

Thanks! Less cheesy than most "welcome packs."

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
Internet and Toys

Wireless internet was pretty fast and reliable until the weekend. Then Saturday morning and then again all night it was gone. Sunday it was back until late afternoon it was gone again and now it is back. So it's really flakey on the weekends. The service provider is ATT.

We walked a couple miles on the beach this afternoon and coming back l saw the toy sharing box. I saw one of these at Wyndham Panama City and thought it was a wonderful idea. It's on the pool deck just to the left of the beach gate beside the Turtle's Nest.

WP_20151108_15_23_56_Pro__highres_zpsm9zpxpqd.jpg

WP_20151108_15_26_54_Pro__highres_zpsej9twqw0.jpg

There were some pretty handy sand playing toys in there. I watched a Mom dig out some pails, shovels and sand molds for her little girl.

WP_20151108_15_23_28_Pro__highres_zpsbx5mqtfs.jpg

I checked out the lower level indoor pool
WP_20151108_15_30_00_Pro__highres_zpsoivcpi8b.jpg

and peeped into the gym. They both look great.
WP_20151108_15_31_26_Pro__highres_zps7zhlzbua.jpg

New2time

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
We are planning to go there in the summer- are all of the units remodeled? Or if not, which are so that I can request one?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
want to upload these to the ocean walk review page for all to see?
Brian, that will be easier to do when I get back home.

Today was a bit gray, rainy and windy. That didn't stop the work from progressing on the pool deck. It looks like they have rimmed the pool and hot tub, and covered the stairs over the lazy river. They have used wet sand to level any pool deck low areas and are paving it now with the white stone tiles. It's going to look pretty when it's done and what a job!

WP_20151110_16_49_43_Pro_zps9b6cssd6.jpg

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are planning to go there in the summer- are all of the units remodeled? Or if not, which are so that I can request one?
I'm sorry, but I haven't spoken with anyone here who has that information. My best guess is that there are units in this tower still being worked on. We heard a **daweful noise yesterday and they said they were drilling 2 new holes for a toilet like 6 units down the hall from us. The concrete floor carries the sound so it sounds like it's in the next room. Then today we heard some strange tapping/hammering noises in the ceiling of our unit. So, they obviously are still working on units around us.

That said, whatever report I might give today would be irrelevant next summer. Maybe you could check out your unit before you move in and if you don't like it demand another. We usually just take what we get and don't worry about it.

trueblue70

Reaction score
Was visiting friends on November 5th. Maybe we crossed paths! Nice pics, looks like you had a great time.