• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

odd question about points..

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
The wife and I are planning to go full time RV in 4ish years. I have been against Wyndham points due to the way they treat owners but see the value of them.

My question is with something like a 250K contract only doing last min type stays how many weeks/days could you possibly get with many points.

How to get more housekeeping points if needed as well. I was thinking you could rent them?? and points if needed as well.

We will be spending time out west and looking at sorta off season, shoulder season areas around the US.

one bedroom or studio are useable as well..

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
The wife and I are planning to go full time RV in 4ish years. I have been against Wyndham points due to the way they treat owners but see the value of them.

My question is with something like a 250K contract only doing last min type stays how many weeks/days could you possibly get with many points.

How to get more housekeeping points if needed as well. I was thinking you could rent them?? and points if needed as well.

We will be spending time out west and looking at sorta off season, shoulder season areas around the US.

Wyndham would work at the legacy (older) resorts especially in the off season.. some of the resorts are 50000-70000 points

heres a link to the book...check it out yourself

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wyndham/plus_membersdirectory1415/

I think Worldmark would work better. They are stronger in the west and they allow renting points (Wyndham doesnt) and they have bonus time for the last minute stuff, which is a cash option...no credits

heres the worldmark book

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wyndham/worldmark_directory1415/

or buy something to get an RCI membership. Their $300 last calls are probably the best deal in timeshares... especially when you can catch a sale

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score

You can obviously stretch the points much further traveling off peak and staying weekdays only. But you will run out of HK and RTs and those fees can add up quickly.

Depending upon where you are traveling, you may also want to check out Worldmark. You can stretch a few credits a long ways by using bonus time and fax time (cash payments). Bonus time reservations work well because they cost the same or less than owned credits do (maintenance fees on credits are higher than bonus time costs) plus they include the housekeeping token. Worldmark has many more locations on the west coast.

I once calculated I would need about 4M points to live full-time in Wyndham resorts, and that was using VIP discounts. Obviously if you're mostly in RV, and only looking for nights here and there, it's a different story.

The cheapest units are still generally going to cost at least 8K/night weekdays, usually more. 231K points would give you 3 reservation transactions; that means you'd get to make bookings 3 days out of the year for free; any other days you'd pay to make a transaction. You'd get 231 HK credits, and generally a stay will use a number of HK credits equal to a full week in that unit type. So if it cost 77K to stay in a studio, it takes 77 HK credits, even if you only stay 2 nights. You then pay for HK credits once you run out.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham would work at the legacy (older) resorts especially in the off season.. some of the resorts are 50000-70000 points

I think Worldmark would work better. They are stronger in the west and they allow renting points (Wyndham doesnt) and they have bonus time for the last minute stuff, which is a cash option...no credits

heres the worldmark book

or buy something to get an RCI membership. Their $300 last calls are probably the best deal in timeshares... especially when you can catch a sale

And Ron beats me to it again.

Thanks for the link to the Worldmark book... I'm a Worldmark Owner and didn't have that.

weems637

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton HGVC Tuscany
Hurricane House in Sanibel Island (managed by Hilton
Wyndham Cypress Palms
Wyndham Glades
Club Wyndham Access
Rob and Ron. The "Turtle and the Hare" race is always fun to watch, especially when you rewind it!

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score

heres the worldmark book

Ron - Thank you for posting a link for the Worldmark Member's Directory. I have wanted to learn about Worldmark for awhile now.

Cynthia T. :)

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
and this book, available on Amazon for less than a dollar

Attachments

• owner to owner img20151111_22041501.jpg
    owner to owner img20151111_22041501.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 38