• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Current year first

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I double booked dolphin cove. I did not quite have enough current use points, 90,000 versus 115,000. I have 160,000 in credit pool so I asked that they be used. I was told that that cannot be done any longer. Wyndham VCs have to take the current year points first, then the credit pool. Earlier this year I could choose. Is this new, or did I get a VC that was unaware of the ability to choose what points I wanted to use?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Seems like someone else posted a similar experience in the last few years. We used to be able to choose what points we wanted to use, maybe that's one of the process changes :)

I know this isn't your point, but, you could book something somewhere for 90,000 points. Then book the reservation that you want to use credit pooled points for, then cancel the dummy 90,000 point one.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
To late for your 2016 points unless you are Platinum, but for the future, avoid the issue altogether, and credit pool all your points as soon as you can. do the 2017 and 2018 points now and pool your 2019 points in January 2017

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
To late for your 2016 points unless you are Platinum, but for the future, avoid the issue altogether, and credit pool all your points as soon as you can. do the 2017 and 2018 points now and pool your 2019 points in January 2017
Sorry about that, the reservation is for may 2017. I have 90,000 2017 points and yes I credit pooled my 160,000 points before June 30th. We had to cancel our fall trip as de had to have surgery on foot. Previously, I have booked and was able to choose what points I wanted to use. Yesterday, I was told I can no longer do that. I had to use my 2017 current use year points first. So they took the 90,000, then 25,000 from the pool.
Said it was one of the new changes.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems like someone else posted a similar experience in the last few years. We used to be able to choose what points we wanted to use, maybe that's one of the process changes :)

I know this isn't your point, but, you could book something somewhere for 90,000 points. Then book the reservation that you want to use credit pooled points for, then cancel the dummy 90,000 point one.
Lol as my mom used to say, that's the long way, around hazel Baker's barn, but a great idea.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
When making a reservation they use the points with the earliest experation date first according to page 336 of the directory.