• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Purchase Timeline New Owner

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
You and I are in the same boat. I, too, purchased a Nat'l Harbor from Sean's Timeshare in May. I have found Sean to be very responsive but no warm fuzzies from Global Resort Transfer. I've yet to speak to my closing agent (She doesn't return phone calls or emails. Sean does). I'm overdue to call and check on the status. The people who answer the phone have been very helpful as far as getting a status.

I registered on Global Resort Transfers member website, but my status has not been updated since 7/8/2016. Last entry on 7/8 is 'Transferee called to check on the status of the transfer. Advised that we're in the process of preparing the deed to be recorded.'

Sadly I suppose that means they are still preparing the deed?

Thanks so much for the website. I registered and checked, and the deed is still under the original owner.
Yes their GRTs website has the last update as 7/13 when I sent them my ID. Nothing since...

I'll just call them once a week until we get this done...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am getting frustated with Wyndham. I call to find out what my status is. Half of the time they tell me that they can't find anything. They just started being able to see that my contract is in the works. On Friday they told me that the paperwork was received on August 2nd and the office is currently processing paperwork received on August 1st. I call today and they tell me that nothing has been received and it will be six weeks from when they receive it.

I wish that they would figure this thing out.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am getting frustated with Wyndham. I call to find out what my status is. Half of the time they tell me that they can't find anything. They just started being able to see that my contract is in the works. On Friday they told me that the paperwork was received on August 2nd and the office is currently processing paperwork received on August 1st. I call today and they tell me that nothing has been received and it will be six weeks from when they receive it.

I wish that they would figure this thing out.

Why torture yourself watching grass grow? You will always have to reference the contract number and the seller's name to check on its status. If you use your own membership number, there will be no notes for OC to reference. That could be the cause of the inconsistencies you are experiencing.

I would not truly be worried until after September 15th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mscheribel59

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Tuscany Village, HGV Parc Soleil, HGV Elara
Buckor, I too bought from Sean, and he uses Global Resort Transfer, and I too am waiting on them for a transfer. I've called numerous times, and e-mailed many more, with never any call back or e-mail back. Only info I get is on their website, http://members.globalresorttransfer.com/login.cfm , and it has been updated several times, now stating on paperwork. ugh.....

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Buckor, I too bought from Sean, and he uses Global Resort Transfer, and I too am waiting on them for a transfer. I've called numerous times, and e-mailed many more, with never any call back or e-mail back. Only info I get is on their website, http://members.globalresorttransfer.com/login.cfm , and it has been updated several times, now stating on paperwork. ugh.....
I guess the lack of communication from Global Resort Transfer is the most frustrating aspect of this...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I guess the lack of communication from Global Resort Transfer is the most frustrating aspect of this...

While I've yet to speak to my closing agent, the person who answered the phone was able to give me a status. They apparently speak to my closing agent who is never available to me. But they are pleasant and as helpful as they can be.

My status yesterday has not changed from 7/8 (still preparing the documents needed to record the deed). Sadly I think that means it's been sitting on someone's desk all this time at GRT. They said there are a lot of documents :-(

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
New question:

At 10:22am I emailed as to status and I can see that at 10:24am my deed was recorded. I looked at the paperwork that I sent in and I clearly listed my husband as a junior but that isn't written on the deed paperwork. Will this cause a glitch when combining the two accounts? My kids are like "So you own this timeshare with Papa instead of Dad?"

And will the second account be set up any faster if they ever finish setting up the first one?

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
545k: August 18, 2016: Received Official welcome letter from Wyndham with 2 owner cards with contract/member IDs.

254k: Waiting for remainder of paperwork to be sent by wyndham.

August 11: Assignment of Contract and Assumption Agreement sent back to Wyndham.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
So after a runaround with Wyndham yesterday (they said that they didn't have my paperwork even though the check has been cashed,) I have an account number. The system won't allow me to set up an online account. I have the member number correct, the contract number correct, I even have to list myself as a junior because my husband is one, nothing. I'm convinced that they hate me.

Secondly, where do I learn the ins and outs of RCI from Wyndham points? My Disney annual passes run out in a few months so I want to see if I can trade into Disney.

Also, I had another deed recorded this week. Will those points find their way onto this member number or will they set up an entirely new account?

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
So after a runaround with Wyndham yesterday (they said that they didn't have my paperwork even though the check has been cashed,) I have an account number. The system won't allow me to set up an online account. I have the member number correct, the contract number correct, I even have to list myself as a junior because my husband is one, nothing. I'm convinced that they hate me.

Secondly, where do I learn the ins and outs of RCI from Wyndham points? My Disney annual passes run out in a few months so I want to see if I can trade into Disney.

Also, I had another deed recorded this week. Will those points find their way onto this member number or will they set up an entirely new account?

I had a similar problem this wee with a member number I couldnt register online

I called owner care who sent me to "web services" who fixed it,, ezpz

Regarding your new contract. Yes it should end up in the same member number, but if bot Owner Care can make it right. (in another couple of weeks, if my experience is any guide)

and regarding RCI You should be able to go to RCI from the link on the Wyndham site>> If not Thats another call to Owner care

Once you do get to RCI, its easy,

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score

If your account just got setup today you probably won't be able to access it online til tomorrow. It sounds like you have a problem I had. They put us on the previous owners account as additional owners. If your account doesn't start with 00999 that probably happened to you. Call Wyndham Ext 3 then 2 and ask for owner care to straighten. Kindness goes along way when trying to get help. If you ask they will expadite the RCI account. As far as trading into DVC it's a long shot. I would get a reservation at Bonett Creek. Our grandkids would rather stay at BC over Disnet Contempary

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem this wee with a member number I couldnt register online

I called owner care who sent me to "web services" who fixed it,, ezpz

Regarding your new contract. Yes it should end up in the same member number, but if bot Owner Care can make it right. (in another couple of weeks, if my experience is any guide)

and regarding RCI You should be able to go to RCI from the link on the Wyndham site>> If not Thats another call to Owner care

Once you do get to RCI, its easy,

Thank you Ron!

I called and and they said that since my SSN had been updated in the system that it wouldn't be available until tomorrow. I did ask about RCI and she said that it wasn't notated but that she would get that set up too.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
If your account just got setup today you probably won't be able to access it online til tomorrow. It sounds like you have a problem I had. They put us on the previous owners account as additional owners. If your account doesn't start with 00999 that probably happened to you. Call Wyndham Ext 3 then 2 and ask for owner care to straighten. Kindness goes along way when trying to get help. If you ask they will expadite the RCI account. As far as trading into DVC it's a long shot. I would get a reservation at Bonett Creek. Our grandkids would rather stay at BC over Disnet Contempary

I bought WBC because that is where my kids prefer to stay as well. We've invited my husband's brother and his family for our November trip. We tend to think that they might be Disney bubble sort of people.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you Ron!

I called and and they said that since my SSN had been updated in the system that it wouldn't be available until tomorrow. I did ask about RCI and she said that it wasn't notated but that she would get that set up too.

It was my missing social security number too

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
update on the 245k: rep initially said they were waiting on current owners documents. When I asked what they were waiting on she put me on hold for 5 minutes then said she looked at everything and its all in order. I have a feeling that some flag or something was holding it up. Now she said they have all they have all documents. Said it would be another 2-4 weeks.....

Now just waiting on them to do what ever it is they need to do.:wall:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
update: Called on title services and they have all documents. Said it would be another 2-4 weeks.....

Now just waiting on them to do what ever it is they need to do.:wall:

It will be another 2-4 weeks until what?

-They finish the Docs?

-They send it to the County Recording office?

-They send it to Wyndham?

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
If they have all the Docs, it's just sitting on someone's desk...

more info:
rep initially said they were waiting on current owners documents. When I asked what they were waiting on she put me on hold for 5 minutes then said she looked at everything and its all in order. I have a feeling that some flag or something was holding it up.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
It will be another 2-4 weeks until what?

-They finish the Docs?

-They send it to the County Recording office?

-They send it to Wyndham?

Called Wyndham Title services. last step I believe is to transfer from existing owners to us. Closing company has already provided everything to wyndham so should be any day if my last contact transfer is a guide.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Called Wyndham Title services. last step I believe is to transfer from existing owners to us. Closing company has already provided everything to wyndham so should be any day if my last contact transfer is a guide.

Gotcha - I wasn't sure if you were calling the Title Transfer company, or Wyndham.

If she said 2-4 weeks, then it will be closer to 4 or more.

I don't thank anything was holding it up - I just think they are slow and resales are not a priority for them.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Gotcha - I wasn't sure if you were calling the Title Transfer company, or Wyndham.

If she said 2-4 weeks, then it will be closer to 4 or more.

HA! On my last one 2 months ago when I called "2-4 weeks was the answer I got". I called wyndham title services 2 weeks later and got member number & setup access that night. This time, well, not that lucky. :)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That was fast - I would say that mine have taken 4-8+ weeks, so I'm pretty jaded.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have one that Wyndham has had since August 26th. The owner calls often to get this out of his name It is an even use year.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is anyone getting any memberships set up lately?

Wyndham received my paperwork on August 26th. They say that everything has been set up in the system as of September 9th but they will not be setting up the account for 4-6 weeks. My first contract was set up in 15-16 days. This one is just sitting. I am beginning to wonder if they are stalling on new resale contracts as they sift through their other locked account issues.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Wyndham received my paperwork on August 26th. They say that everything has been set up in the system as of September 9th but they will not be setting up the account for 4-6 weeks. My first contract was set up in 15-16 days. This one is just sitting. I am beginning to wonder if they are stalling on new resale contracts as they sift through their other locked account issues.

I am beginning to wondering if the locked accounts has any/all transfers stopped till things get sorted....

I'll call Friday and attempt to get an update on status. The 2nd contract is still not listed on my current Wyndham owners account.

dansyr2514

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Ocean Blvd, Wyndham Seawatch, Wyndham Fairfield Ten
I'm curious as to what Wyndham has to do that takes so long once they get the recorded deed. What takes 4-6 weeks to process?