• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best of Both Worlds? Wyndham & Worldmark

simon.fisher.2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am considering purchasing either a Wyndham or Worldmark resale contract. I am not sure which route I would like to go. I like the selection of Wyndham properties, however I really want to be able to stay at Worldmark Anaheim semi-regularly.

As a result, I know as a Wyndham owner I could book Worldmark, but it will be more difficult than if I were just a Worldmark owner.

What are your thoughts? I don't know what I don't know. I need to spend considerable time educating myself before I pull the trigger. When we purchase we will need about 200K Wyndham points or 12,000 Worldmark points.

Any advice is much appreciated.

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am considering purchasing either a Wyndham or Worldmark resale contract. I am not sure which route I would like to go. I like the selection of Wyndham properties, however I really want to be able to stay at Worldmark Anaheim semi-regularly.

As a result, I know as a Wyndham owner I could book Worldmark, but it will be more difficult than if I were just a Worldmark owner.

What are your thoughts? I don't know what I don't know. I need to spend considerable time educating myself before I pull the trigger. When we purchase we will need about 200K Wyndham points or 12,000 Worldmark points.

There are several folks here on Tug that own both...they will be able to tell you the pros and cons of either way...

I own only Wyndham but have thought about purchasing some WorldMark just for more options and flexibility...

I look forward to hearing what the others say!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Club Pass is the option to book from Wyndham to Worldmark ... except for resale points (Wyndham points NOT brought directly from Wyndham).

There were some posting of units months or year ago ... very few units.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
east or west

Where do your interests lie? Worldmark has a much larger presence in the western states. Wyndham is the opposite with a larger group of resorts in the east. Where do you find yourself going the most? That would help you a bit in your decision.

Also, Wyndham is cheaper to get into, but maintenance fees are higher. You will pay more for Worldmark to begin with but MF's are lower. Another thing about Worldmark MF's is they are slotted.If you see a contract for 11K and another for 12k you might as well get the 12k because the MF's are the same for either contract. you can check the chart here:

https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/education/pdfs/WorldMark_Dues_Schedule.pdf

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anaheim is a shared resort both clubs have rooms there.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score

Go with WorldMark. There are more WorldMark units available than Wyndham units at Anaheim. For Wyndham Anaheim, you would have to buy a Club Wyndham Access contract for Advance Reservation Priority (ARP) to access the most popular times. A CWA contract costs about as much as the equivalent WorldMark account, but the CWA maintenance fee per stay would be higher than WorldMark. The Wyndham contract would include RCI, if you have any interest in exchanging, and that would change the cost analysis by a small amount. If you don't need ARP, then it is a toss up WorldMark versus Wyndham.

It really comes down to, "Where do you want to vacation when not at Anaheim." If the answer is generally "East of the Rockies" then Wyndham might be the better choice. If it is a case of, "I want to vacation at Anaheim 9 out of 10 times", then WorldMark would likely be the better choice.

When I looked at where I wanted to vacation, I decided to buy both resale Wyndham and WorldMark. It has worked out great. I get much more use out of my WorldMark, though, thanks to the range of cash booking options that my WorldMark account offers versus my Club Wyndham account.

There is a lot to learn. Start by making a list of all the resorts in either system (and RCI) that you might want to visit. From that list it should be relatively easy to determine which system, or both, to own.

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
No advice, what we have

We own a few timeshares including Worldmark. We bought into Worldmark because when trading we kept trading into the Worldmak properties. We also have traded into a few Wyndham.
We are members of RCI and yes, it cost us to join and pay exchange fees when we exchange but it works very well for us.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
It really comes down to, "Where do you want to vacation when not at Anaheim." If the answer is generally "East of the Rockies" then Wyndham might be the better choice. If it is a case of, "I want to vacation at Anaheim 9 out of 10 times", then WorldMark would likely be the better choice.
This is really great advice, and I'll add that if the answer is generally "West of the Rockies" then WorldMark is probably the right way to go.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Right now, (subject to change of course), Worldmark prices are pretty much very very stable.

You can purchase a WM contract and try it out....resell it without much risk or lost $$$. The beauty of WM is:

• Buy it at good price, use it and keep it. Don't like it? Sell it at good price. No big losses!
  • Can't use the points? Rent them out. Easy and stable prices. Need more points? Rent them at reasonable prices.
  • Waitlist Waitlist Waitlist.
  • Grouped reservations. book your entire trip--especially when driving or going multiple locations--and use exactly how many days you need/want.
  • Bonus time/specials: you really will use less points than you think. Why not try a 10k account?
  • Exchange options: Yes, it costs money. But, it's still very cheap if you like flex-trades into 4-5* resorts!
  • The best cancellation policy in town. IMHO.
That's my 2c.

simon.fisher.2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the great advice! Lots of solid logic and I am leaning Worldmark. I really appreciate it.

I think that I would use Worldmark more often on the west coast than the east. I think that it is a safe bet to go with Worldmark and sell if it is not a good fit.