• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The New Club La Pension - First to stay

Nolathyme

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be the first one staying in my newly refurbished room this Friday. After Friday, everyone else will be staying in a used timeshare unit :wave: I bought used but it's new.

I was told that some of the old owners thought the renovations were too modern.

Supposedly the hot tub is gone (for good?).

I'll take some pictures and post when I get back.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had guests there on Mar 30 and in the pictures they sent me it looked like bare walls; no art. Id be interested in knowing if they they've added artwork

Nolathyme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's a picture of the living room. The picture came out dark because the room was dark. The view from my one bedroom faces the alley next to the Marriott. There are no overhead lights, and the lamps are not very bright.

The overall colors of the unit were gray and black. This is a different look from the units that are on the bluegreen website. I didn't check the other rooms to see what they looked like.

The shower is big (no tub) , enough for 2 or 3 people. Glass doors, good water pressure.

The hot tubs on the balconies are gone.

There is artwork on the walls, supposedly all form local artist.

How do I add more than 1 picture to a post?

Attachments

• living_room.jpg
    living_room.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
So did you have a good Jazz Fest swj?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's a picture of the living room. The picture came out dark because the room was dark. The view from my one bedroom faces the alley next to the Marriott. There are no overhead lights, and the lamps are not very bright.

The overall colors of the unit were gray and black. This is a different look from the units that are on the bluegreen website. I didn't check the other rooms to see what they looked like.

The shower is big (no tub) , enough for 2 or 3 people. Glass doors, good water pressure.

The hot tubs on the balconies are gone.

There is artwork on the walls, supposedly all form local artist.

How do I add more than 1 picture to a post?

No hot tub and no pool.. Oh No!...I own a 7th floor unit that opens right onto the roof top deck...I was counting on that hottub being there my next visit

Thanks for the report and the picture

I was following the progress of the renovation on an owners website where the architect was posting his regular reports, so I knew that grey and black was where they were going, but it must have been a shock if you were expecting what is shown on Bluegreens website

randster2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are the rooms the same size and layout? Do you like the new decor better than the old rooms?

Nolathyme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are the rooms the same size and layout? Do you like the new decor better than the old rooms?

I've stayed through an exchange here twice, once in a 1 br and once in a 2 bedroom unit. This is the first year that I stayed as an owner.

I don't know what the layout of my room was before the renovation. I own a small one bedroom...I don't think there is much leeway to where things are/were placed.

I don't mind the darker feel of the rooms, but I wish there were ceiling lights to brighten the rooms.

A few other notes:

The glass shower doors have an opening to outside the shower at the seam. You need to point the shower head away from the door or else you may find a puddle of water in the bathroom.

The air conditioning works well. There is a vent right above the bed that may bother some (me included). The fan above the bed saved the day (night) .

Here is a picture of a view into the kitchen.

Yes, Mary, I had a great time at the fest and NO.

Attachments

• kitchen_view.jpg
    kitchen_view.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 51