• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2012] Genesis Collection Platinum

Sdliving

Reaction score
Has anyone had any dealings with them? We were in cabo over a month ago and purchased a studio for two weeks a year for 30 years
We have yet to receive any email or snail mail from them and all of my attempts to contact them are futile.
I would appreciate any input as I am new to this site

Sdliving

Reaction score
Contract

Out contract states that they will have provided us with online login information within 45 days, which they haven't done yet (day 42)
Does anyone know If we could then void it and get our deposit back. Would American express be able to credit it back for us if we explain the situation?
Thanks

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
Has anyone had any dealings with them? We were in cabo over a month ago and purchased a studio for two weeks a year for 30 years
We have yet to receive any email or snail mail from them and all of my attempts to contact them are futile.

I don't know anything about them personally but did try to find them! Is this the group you think you dealt with......http://www.genesiscollection.net/????? What is your home resort?

Jim

Sdliving

Reaction score
We purchased at Marina Fiesta and were told we could to either there or Hacienda Encantada

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
I have looked around the website and they have many methods of contact. I assume you have tried all of these with no results then I would not hesitate to contact American Express. AE has always been good with me in regard to getting funds returned when there was a major problem, however, I must admit my charges were not a lot of money compared to what I suspect you have at stake. Do they even talk to you when you call/email etc.?????

Jim

Sdliving

Reaction score
All emails get bounced backed and using the contact us area on the website has gone ignored.

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Information

Try this number, 1-866-542-7627 it is for Global Bureau which is the managment company for Marina Fiesta and Encantada

Sdliving

Reaction score
We received two hundred dollar vouchers and a discount card for their restaurants.

Sdliving

Reaction score
Resolved

At the end of March I contacted American Express to get a refund of my purchase at Marina Fiesta for the Genesis Collection Platinum. I had received nothing from the property or company since our purchase at the beginning of February. I had attempted to both call and email, but wasn't successful in any of my attempts.
Yesterday I received a letter from Amex stating that they were refunding my money, including foreign transaction fees.
So, not that this necessarily guarantees it is a scam, I would be beware.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
At the end of March I contacted American Express to get a refund of my purchase at Marina Fiesta for the Genesis Collection Platinum.
Great news. Thanks for letting us know.

Sdliving

Reaction score
Uh oh

I think I may have a problem now.
This morning, out of the blue, an email arrived from the property with log in information.
Does anyone know how it is best to proceed? I don't want to do business with a company that it took an Amex investigation to get them to respond to me. Am I obligated to continue with them now? Does their original contract that stated within 45 days have any standing?
Thanks

Reaction score
Sdliving,

I have checked out the website and looks much like it has copy-paste information from other websites. I do not know how much money you paid for this timeshare deal but seems like they had to see you had a CC dispute in order to provide you with you log in information.
My advise to you is try and get you refund through AMEX and forget about this timeshare. If you had trouble getting a hold of them, imagine the trouble when trying to get a reservation.

bababooey

Reaction score
Just bought it on June 1st and am having buyers remorse.

Sdliving,

Please let me know how it turned out!

Last edited:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Just bought it on June 1st and am having buyers remorse.
If you bought on June 1 you should still be within the rescission period. Rescind today while you still can.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
+1 on Rescind TODAY! TODAY is DAY 5 on a 5 day rescission period. Get it postmarked today!

If your cold feet warm up later on, believe me, the deal will still be there. In fact you can bet they will sweeten the pot. But for now, get out of this deal and study what you can buy in timeshares from the resale market (eBay and TUG marketplace or Bargain Deals are good places to start) before you spend any money.

Jim Ricks

mtforeman

TUG Member
Reaction score
To put this in perspective...

...a 2 bedroom lockoff at Hacienda Encantada, with RTU until 2048, just sold on ebay for $113. The seller paid all closing costs and resort transfer fees, to the cost to buyer was $113 for everything included.

If you really want a place there, wait a while and watch the ads until one comes up. Then you can travel, rent it yourself, or put it in II for trade as desired. :)

bababooey

Reaction score
It's been almost 3 weeks and still no refund. My salesman, Mauricio P has refused to answer any of my emails.

A couple of tricks they pulled that I should of caught. First, they tell you they like to do the presentation early in your vacation so you can get it out of the way and enjoy your vacation but the truth is that most people won't have a change of heart until they get back and by then the 4 days have passed. That is the reason Mauricio also offered me an extra couple of days stay free of charge.

The second one is they have a ridiculous interest rate so that you will refinance and pay them off. This way they have all your money.

These tricks may be obvious to vets of the timeshare wars but not to a lot of us newbies.

Bottom line is STAY AWAY FROM GENESIS COLLECTION IN CABO!!!! Take their freebies then just say No!

gocabo

Reaction score
I have been with Gensis two years and it does NOT get any better

We paid more than we should then had payments monthly for a year. They had our credit card but kept saying that we were not paying. We finally tracked down the company in Arizona (Concord Services Corporation ) and spent a lot of time trying to explain that we want to pay.. that was a mistake. Now, it has been two years and we have a yearly memberhsip that is due in August. When I tried logging on to the site it says that my ID has expired. I have called Rueben literally 20 times and emailed him and it has been over a month and nothing has changed. I just told him via email that we paid a lot for nothing and I want the owner/president of Genesis to call me; I really want our money back ! ! We own a couple of timeshares and I have NEVER had such poor customer service in my life ! !

gocabo

Reaction score
Genesis is not a timeshare- you cannot trade

it is a membership not a timeshare. I own there (sorry I do) but I was told you do not trade unless you do it under the radar....

DC

...a 2 bedroom lockoff at Hacienda Encantada, with RTU until 2048, just sold on ebay for $113. The seller paid all closing costs and resort transfer fees, to the cost to buyer was $113 for everything included.

If you really want a place there, wait a while and watch the ads until one comes up. Then you can travel, rent it yourself, or put it in II for trade as desired. :)

Cinnamon1

Reaction score
Genesis Collection Website Down

I've been trying to make reservations through the Genesis Collection website for over 3 weeks. I get an error that states "User Expired". I've contacted dozens of numbers, including Gwen at Concord Servicing Corporation which is the site that collects the annual registration fee who confirmed my web account is in good standing; Marina Fiesta Reservations, who told me they couldn't find my account in their "new" website. After dozens of phone calls and transfers, I finally reached Denisse Gonzalez, Member Services, Genesis Collection Platinum at 619-793-4779. Denisse is, supposedly, the Genesis Collection direct contact. She's located in San Diego, and does speak English. Her email is: memberservices@genesiscollectionplatinum.com.
However, she has basically given me 2+ weeks of empty promises - my converted web account will be available by last week - didn't happen, plus earlier promises to call my by Sunday the 13th of January - didn't happen, etc.
I wrote the Secretary of Tourism for Mexico and got a auto reply that I would hear back from them in 48 hours. That hasn't happened either. Thinking it might jar Denisse into some valid action, I emailed her a copy of what I sent them.

We bought into the collection in late November, 2010, with Marina Fiesta being our home resort and have used it only once, when I took my neighbor down after she watched our cat for us while we were on an cruise in 2011. The reservation for that was a hassle, but I chalked it up to my inexperience with their site. Now, I'm convinced it is truly a scam. I believe I will contact my credit card company - even though it's been so long ago to see if they will refund our $$$ since they are not living up to their 30-year agreement.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them.