• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Ocean Ridge, Edisto Island, SC

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I have a question for someone who is familiar with this resort.
I am planning to stay there next June. I was hoping to get a 4 BR but I have been watching and that seems unlikely. My Backup was to get a 2BR and a 1BR in "The Village", but lately that seems questionable.
If I can't get either of those, then it would be either a 2BR Deluxe of a 2BR Plus (with a loft). Could someone comment on the 2BR Deluxe(not the one in "The Village") and the 2BR Plus.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I have a question for someone who is familiar with this resort.
I am planning to stay there next June. I was hoping to get a 4 BR but I have been watching and that seems unlikely. My Backup was to get a 2BR and a 1BR in "The Village", but lately that seems questionable.
If I can't get either of those, then it would be either a 2BR Deluxe of a 2BR Plus (with a loft). Could someone comment on the 2BR Deluxe(not the one in "The Village") and the 2BR Plus.

I did a detailed review of a 2 br plus that was in the Sea Oaks section, one of the older sections in the main area.

The building was older but you have access to all the facilities they have on the island.

Check the review section. If I were to go back, I would try for the village or beach walk areas. Much newer and they have pools right there.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I did a detailed review of a 2 br plus that was in the Sea Oaks section, one of the older sections in the main area.

The building was older but you have access to all the facilities they have on the island.

Check the review section. If I were to go back, I would try for the village or beach walk areas. Much newer and they have pools right there.

I am most interested in the village or beach walk. But in watching the last couple of weeks, neither have be available. Though I haven't gotten up at 4:00AM Pacific time to check. I will do that on the day I plan to book, but I want to have a backup plan in place just in case the village and beach walk are not available. I will check out your review, thanks.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How do you know what section you're booking at this resort?

I rented from Ron Parise and I wasn't sure until the confirmation came from Wyndham.

When you look at the points chart for that resort you'll see there are only three sections that have 4 bedroom so that narrows it down.

The 2br plus was in a couple different sections so I wasn't sure when I committed.

I really don't know if there is any other way to tell.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
How do you know what section you're booking at this resort?

During prime time, Southpoint, Beachwalk, and The Village have unique point costs that are also higher than the rest of Ocean Ridge. I am interested in those three in that order partly because those three get the best reviews, but also because if you don't go with one of those three, you will get one of a bunch of other associations. Some of which are great and some of which, not so much. However, I have been told several times at different Wyndham resorts by the person that decides who goes in which unit, that the most important factor is how early you book.
So I haven't figured out my backup plan if those three aren't available when I set my alarm for 3:55am so can book right at 4:00 pacific time when the online booking comes up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I haven't figured out my backup plan if those three aren't available when I set my alarm for 3:55am so can book right at 4:00 pacific time when the online booking comes up.

Wow! It only takes you 5 minutes to shake out the cobwebs and get online?! :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

staceyeileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
My parents have a 1 bedroom booked in September. Any idea what section this would be in?

Wyndham Ocean Ridge
1 King Cotton Road
Edisto Beach SC 29438
843-869-2561

Arrival Date: Sep 20, 2014

Departure Date: Sep 23, 2014

Points Used: 46500

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! It only takes you 5 minutes to shake out the cobwebs and get online?! :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought the same thing.......I need time to make coffee and have the first cup before sitting down at the computer.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My calculatiions are way off, I'm starting over, you'd think it was 6:00 AM here.

Last edited:

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
My parents have a 1 bedroom booked in September. Any idea what section this would be in?

Wyndham Ocean Ridge
1 King Cotton Road
Edisto Beach SC 29438
843-869-2561

It is not in The Village, because a 1BR-B in The Village would be 42000 and a 1BR Deluxe-A is 55,500. The other 7 associations are 46,500. Maybe someone knows is some of the other associations don't have 1 BRs which would allow you to narrow it down a little.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I thought the same thing.......I need time to make coffee and have the first cup before sitting down at the computer.

I just need the 5 minutes for my computer to wake up.:crash: I plan to book and go back to bed.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Wyndham Ocean Ridge
1 King Cotton Road
Edisto Beach SC 29438
843-869-2561

Mark narrowed it down for you with the points match. Where ever you stay you will be able to use all the pools and facilities W has on the island.

The only hot tub they have is next to the pool at the Village complex but there is no changing room or rest room facilities, keep that in mind.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just secured a 4 br deluxe in the Beach Walk section for a friend off the last minute rental forum. I'll be able to give a detailed report on the latest conditions there. They check in this Sun. Total cost was only $618.80 thanks to Rachaela.

Last edited:

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I just secured a 4 br deluxe in the Beach Walk section for a friend off the last minute rental forum. I'll be able to give a detailed report on the latest conditions there. They check in this Sun. Total cost was only $618.80 thanks to Rachaela.

Great deal. I'm looking forward to the review.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mark, I have to tell you that the 4br deluxe in the Ocean Walk section is beautiful. My friends just love it, I'm jealous now.

It's a free standing bldg, gated, shaded parking under the bldg and very close to the ocean.

This is where you want to stay if there is any way you can do it.

I was happy with the section I stayed in but this is a step or two up! They posted pics on facebook and if I can figure out how to, I will put some here. Other's have told me how but I'm doing something wrong.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Mark, I have to tell you that the 4br deluxe in the Ocean Walk section is beautiful. My friends just love it, I'm jealous now.

It's a free standing bldg, gated, shaded parking under the bldg and very close to the ocean.

This is where you want to stay if there is any way you can do it.

I was happy with the section I stayed in but this is a step or two up! They posted pics on facebook and if I can figure out how to, I will put some here. Other's have told me how but I'm doing something wrong.

I will be booking soon. As soon as the 10 month window opens up. Just keeping my fingers crossed that I can pick up BeachWalk

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I will be booking soon. As soon as the 10 month window opens up. Just keeping my fingers crossed that I can pick up BeachWalk

I'm pulling for you. This seems to be a place where ARP would come in handy. Maybe you can find someone with it and work with them.

There are many members here who rent W points, give one of them a call.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
I'm pulling for you. This seems to be a place where ARP would come in handy. Maybe you can find someone with it and work with them.

There are many members here who rent W points, give one of them a call.

I do often rent from another owner. In this case I have been planning and saving points for a while. I have a lot of points in the credit pool that I need to use. Besides some of the fun is in the planning. And the anticipation of getting up early to try to pickup just the right unit, in the right location. And so far, I've done pretty well. I have a backup plan if Beach Walk is not available. I know what ever happens I'll have a great tome there.

Thanks to all of you who posted valuable information.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
At 4:00 AM Pacific time this morning. I booked the 4 BR Deluxe at Wyndham Ocean Ridge at the Beach Walk HOA, that I wanted. There was another one there until just after 5:00AM when the call center opens.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
At 4:00 AM Pacific time this morning. I booked the 4 BR Deluxe at Wyndham Ocean Ridge at the Beach Walk HOA, that I wanted. There was another one there until just after 5:00AM when the call center opens.

That's great!! You are going to love those units.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I booked a 4 Br Deluxe Beachwalk this morning for my friends. I got it with 2 BR VIP Discount and Free Upgrade. So I guess this is the best I can do for the points that I used.

csxjohn, did you ever get any of the picture from your friends for a beachwalk unit?

Last edited:

jaystanley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm new to TUG and trying to soak up all the information. We came to Edisto and are visiting here now, after attending a Wyndham presentation when we were in Hawaii in February, our first timeshare presentation.

Edisto - Wyndham Ocean Ridge was one place available through the Discovery option where we tried out a Wyndham resort. We usually go to Hilton Head.

My overall impression is that our Beachwalk unit is large with nice sized bedrooms and beds, but a bit outdated and not what we expected condition wise. Maybe our expectations were too high based on the presentation we attended in Hawaii. We went to a rah rah Wyndham presentation the second day here (Edisto) and mentioned this to the Wyndham reps and they said that we were in a Legacy unit which basically means old. During our talk he walked us through another unit that was pretty nice, but much smaller. We would have liked it better, but wanted to be closer to the beach which is why we chose this unit.
Beachwalk is located outside the resort. The resort area is pretty nice with a nice looking golf course although I didn't play it. Overall we like the Hilton Head area much better. Especially this time of year, there is not much to do here at Edisto Beach. Very limited restaurants and stores compared to HHI. It is located within driving distance to Charleston and Hilton Head so we spent days there. The beach is not nearly as nice as Hilton Head Beach, which is much wider and a more flat beach.

So overall we don't feel like Edisto is a place we want to come back to. Sorry for being negative on my first post.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
Especially this time of year, there is not much to do here at Edisto Beach. Very limited restaurants and stores compared to HHI. It is located within driving distance to Charleston and Hilton Head so we spent days there. The beach is not nearly as nice as Hilton Head Beach, which is much wider and a more flat beach.

So overall we don't feel like Edisto is a place we want to come back to. Sorry for being negative on my first post.
Jay, it's not really negative. Edisto is noted for being quiet and laid back. You can just feel the hustle of the world drop away when you get out of the car there. That's what some people really need when they 'get away'. It's not for everyone though. I've been there twice and will go again. You just learned it's not for you. I think it's wonderful that we have this luxury of choices.

Welcome to TUG!

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
...So overall we don't feel like Edisto is a place we want to come back to. Sorry for being negative on my first post.

I agree that it's not being negative to state your views. I like the narrower beaches and really liked Edisto. It's a long drive for us so it would have to be a great deal fro me to return but that has nothing to do with the resort itself.

I'm trying to get a few pics up that my friend took there last month. Let's see if this works.

http://s26.photobucket.com/user/csx...3&page=1&_suid=141125975807608139580574560528

They did not take them looking toward a review. They were so happy with the place they just wanted to get some pics sent back home.