• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescinding BlueGreen

Jam02

Reaction score
My wife and I just bought a ts yesterday From blue green and are currently trying to write a rescind letter. I get on how to send it, going to the post office and sending it via registered or certified mail. I'm just concerned on how our letter is worded and if I did it right. Here is how it is currently worded

My name
Address
Phone
Email

Revocation letter: resort name
Contract reference number: cxxxxx
Date purchased: xx/xx/xxxx

Attention customer service,

This letter is to inform you of our intention to cancel the timeshare contract number: xxxxx which was purchased on xx/xx/xxx by my name and wife name in accordance with the laws of the state of xxxxxx. Please do not make any additional charges to our debit card for any future payments.

Timeshare: xxxxxxx
Owner(s): my name and wife name
Contract number: xxxxxx
Date of purchase: xx/xx/xxxx

To clarify, we need to cancel our timeshare contract immediately. Please provide us with a written response showing you have received this letter within the decision period. Additionally, we request the full refund of our deposit of $xxxxx and the cancellation of any future deposits found in the contract. We will also be sending back the Conventional Owners kit and the CD-ROM in the same tote bag on a separate cover.

Sincerely,

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Jam02

Reaction score
Also our address in the contract is different from the one that we currently live which one should I put?

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Also our address in the contract is different from the one that we currently live which one should I put?

If you receive mail at the address shown in the contract, use that address.

If you do not, show both of your addresses and ask that copies of all correspondence be sent to both addresses.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You will send it certified mail - registered mail is for valuable things like bonds.

For the most part, your letter looks good -

I would put both addresses:

Former address: xxxx

Current address: xxxx

INSTEAD OF: This letter is to inform you of our intention to cancel the timeshare contract number

I'D WRITE: This letter is to inform you that we are cancelling .....

REMOVE ENTIRELY: To clarify, we need to cancel our timeshare contract immediately.

REMOVE ENTIRELY: No need to say it twice:

Timeshare: xxxxxxx
Owner(s): my name and wife name
Contract number: xxxxxx
Date of purchase: xx/xx/xxxx

CHANGE: decision period to recession period

Jam02

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. The changes have been made. I do have a few other question though. Do I send the original contract or copies to the address given, if the contracts and letter go to the same address so I send them in the packet they gave us to carry the contract in or put the letter in a separate envelope and mail them in two different packages, and where do I return the owners kit?

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Thanks for the advice. The changes have been made. I do have a few other question though. Do I send the original contract or copies to the address given, if the contracts and letter go to the same address so I send them in the packet they gave us to carry the contract in or put the letter in a separate envelope and mail them in two different packages, and where do I return the owners kit?

Don't send any originals - only copies.

Send the owner's kit separately, to the recession address - also with a verifiable method. If you are returning any "incentives" like a tablet or some other goodies that they gave you, insure it.

Jam02

Reaction score
Do I have to send copies of the contracts with the letter or just the letter?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do I have to send copies of the contracts with the letter or just the letter?

At least send a COPY of the signature page with the account number on it for identification purposes.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes - thank you

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

Jam02

Reaction score
I'm guessing that by signature page you mean any page in the contract with our signatures and the account number on it

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just the main page of the contract for ID purposes

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

Jam02

Reaction score
Well it should be sent out today by my wife and I am ready for it to be done. Not gonna lie I am nervous about the whole thing since this is our first time doing anything like this but after reading posts on here I am confident that we followed the rescission instructions in the contract to a T and great advice from these previous posts and others like it. Thank you guys for helping me with my questions

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
<snip> Not gonna lie I am nervous about the whole thing since this is our first time doing anything like this...<snip>

Remind yourself that rescission (cancellation) is a right which is provided to you by applicable state law. The developer has no other option than to comply with the law. It's not an act of kindness or benevolence on their part, it's simply compliance with the law. Period, amen.

Well done. :clap:

Jam02

Reaction score
Well the letter and tote are on their way. The letter I had sent overnight and the tote through snail mail both certified. I was wondering for the amount to be refunded I added together the deposit we had to put down and a reservation deposit they had us pay so they could bring us back in and go overpaid package again. I was wondering if I was correct in adding those two together or should I have requested them separately?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well the letter and tote are on their way. The letter I had sent overnight and the tote through snail mail both certified. I was wondering for the amount to be refunded I added together the deposit we had to put down and a reservation deposit they had us pay so they could bring us back in and go overpaid package again. I was wondering if I was correct in adding those two together or should I have requested them separately?

They know how much you paid - listing the amount in your letter is just a formality to document the price.

It appears that you bought a timeshare, and a separate preview type pkg.

The preview pkg. may or may not be refundable - you should read the fine print on the materials for the pkg.

However, even if you don't get a refund for the preview pkg., that will not impact your right to rescind the timeshare.

Jam02

Reaction score
So basically as long as we have our names as it appears on the contract, the contract number, and the date at which the timeshare was purchased there is really no reason for them to decline our rescission

geekette

Reaction score
So basically as long as we have our names as it appears on the contract, the contract number, and the date at which the timeshare was purchased there is really no reason for them to decline our rescission

Reason has nothing to do with it, this is a legal matter and they must follow the law. So long as you have followed their instructions at a minimum, you have nothing to worry about.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Your right to rescind is established by state law. This is not a courtesy that BlueGreen can approve or deny. If you rescinded on time, they must comply.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
congrats on finding us in time!

Jam02

Reaction score
The letter should arrive sometime today being shipped and delivered well within the 5 day period. Thank you all for the help and reassurance that have been a blessing to my wife and I. We will definitely take what we have learned through this whole process and make better decisions in the future

Jam02

Reaction score
Hopefully this will be my last question. We had the letter shipped express ( overnight) to the address listed in the contract. Turns out that express shipping is not the same as certified shipping, but it is postmarked. The contract reads as such If sent by mail, the letter may be certified with a return receipt requested. We do have a receipt request on the letter but my question is should I send another through as certified mail tomorrow? I'm just double checking myself to make sure I'm covered and there will be no hang ups on my end.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you send it "return receipt requested"?

Jam02

Reaction score
Yes. They have to sign for it and we will get confirmation through the mail

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes. They have to sign for it and we will get confirmation through the mail

Then I would not re-mail it. The directions you posted say "may" not "must" be certified.