• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Professional Investment Solutions

chulib48

Reaction score
HAs anyone here had any dealings with this company? They are offering to buy my timeshare and are apparently using a very legitimate looking title and escrow company to complete the contract.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
HAs anyone here had any dealings with this company? They are offering to buy my timeshare and are apparently using a very legitimate looking title and escrow company to complete the contract.

Unfortunately, this is most likely a scam:

This is how it works:

First, they tell you they have a buyer for FAR MORE than the resale value of your timeshare.

They will tell you that there are no upfront fees, and you don't have to pay anything.

Then, when they have you good and hooked, a "surprise fee" will pop up, that you have to pay to get the big fat check. They may call it taxes, commission, escrow fees, title fees, title search, or any number of bogus fees.

But, they assure you that your fee will go to a reputable escrow account, and you will get it back after the sale, and they will even send you a link to a reputable escrow company's website.

BUT - when they send you the info. to wire the fee, they will have to send it to a different account - usually outside the country, where you have no recourse.

Then they disappear, with your fee - yeah, they steal it.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

sts1732

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor Key, west
Pinion pointe Sedona, az.

If you have the address or even the state alone, along with the name google them on the BBB site. I use this quite often to see any complaints, etc.
Denise and Brain are correct, ALL SORTS OF RED FLAGS.

geekette

Reaction score
If you have the address or even the state alone, along with the name google them on the BBB site. I use this quite often to see any complaints, etc.
Denise and Brain are correct, ALL SORTS OF RED FLAGS.

Yeah, the word INVESTMENT alone is a tip off to me.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
There is no doubt that this is a scam. As others have posted there are many red flags. While BBB is one thing to check many times these scammers have created their scam company only weeks before they start their scamming ways so BBB may not have any info.

Red Flags for Professional Investment Solutions:
  • Website created May 2016
  • Although they claim they are located in CO, the satisfied "customer" names on their testimonials look like they were all pulled from an Eastern European phone book.
  • The address in Denver is a virtual office.
  • The scammers stole website detail from www.worldtravelservice. Among others, a few of their "testimonials" are exact copies from this website.
  • Their website claims the business was started in 2008 by Claudine Childers. This is contradicted by the website start date. Also, see below.

This scammer seems to have gone a little further than most. There is an active company called Professional Investment Solutions, LLC with the state of CO. However, a close look reveals that this was a dormant LLC until May 2016 when a someone paid $100 to reactivate the LLC. The document lists the Denver, CO address of the scammer and the registrant is someone named "Claudine Childers". Both the CO address and name Claudine Childers are not the same as listed on the original LLC documents filed in 2008.

I suspect that this scammer found this particular LLC on-line and submitted false documents with the state of CO to activate it. The purpose was so that they can point potential victims to their active LLC, which CO shows has been around since 2008, providing them with a false sense of security. This cost the scammers just $100. This also explains why the legal name of the entity has nothing to do with timeshares or brokering.

Finally, the telephone number on the website is listed as being a landline. Most scammers use VoIP numbers. Again, I believe that this is used as "proof" that they must be legit.

Based on the recent website creation, stolen information from a legit website and a phone call that they want to buy a timeshare for far more than it is worth all adds up to a scam on its own. The other detail provided will hopefully deter anyone who might be swayed by their "proof" of legitimacy. Hopefully this thread will be seen by those who Google this "company".

Last edited:

JMaha

Reaction score
These people have been trying to reel us in since October. I've smelled a scam since the beginning and have googgled everything having to do with them. I couldn't find anything that would convince my husband this is a scam. He says he's not going to give them any personal bank information but he's about to send them a cashier's check. Which I think they'll found a way of calling anyway. Funny thing is that while nothing but a choppy website pulled up with search keywords 'Personal Investment Solutions,' which is the name of the company on the first paperwork they sent, this tugbbs website popped up when using keywords 'Claudine Childers Loyd Title and Escrow LLC' she's the supposed CEO of the escrow company as shown on the Purchase/Sale/Escrow Contract waiting on my signature. I also called the number Luis Torres, 'supposed' President of Professional Investment Solutions and that suite 2800 had no record of him nor the company. Thankfully, I'm still not convinced of these people so I haven't signed this contract. Hoping to convince the hubby they're a scam by using this site. Thank you!

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have consistently observed over a number of years now that any and every timeshare related entity suddenly appearing out of nowhere (very often during this particular time of the year) with the word "solutions" in its' name is, ironically, always just "problems" instead.

'Tis the season. As reliable as the sunrise, these parasites seem to crawl out of their holes in the ground during the fall and early winter every year, slithering out to offer their (...ahem) "services" when maintenance fee bills are issued and becoming due --- but perhaps that timing is is just a remarkable coincidence. :D

In any event OP, these thieving parasites are not going to buy your timeshare --- not at any time and not at any price. Period, amen. Their song and dance routine aside, the sole purpose of their existence is to take your money. Do yourself a favor and just pretend that you never even heard of them.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
glad your google searches resulted in you finding this site and you can finally convince your husband this is a huge scam!

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
<snip> I couldn't find anything that would convince my husband this is a scam. <snip> ...he's about to send them a cashier's check. <snip> 'Claudine Childers Loyd Title and Escrow LLC' she's the supposed CEO of the escrow company as shown on the Purchase/Sale/Escrow Contract waiting on my signature. <snip> Hoping to convince the hubby they're a scam by using this site. Thank you!

Please do not send them money. This will only result in you being scammed. Some more details below to hopefully convince your husband.

Professional Investment Solutions, LLC's agent when it was "reactivated" is Claudine Childers. Do not know if that is even a real person. However, you state "she" is also the owner of Loyd Title & Escrow, LLC. What that means is the scammer is both the "company" and escrow. That doesn't make your money safe by any means.

About Loyd Title & Escow, LLC. That is an active LLC that was created June 2016 (though their website claims in business since 2010). The registered agent for that LLC is "Loyd Title AND Escrow, LLC". What is interesting is that there is an inactive Loyd Title AND Escrow, LLC that was created in 2010 and dissolved in 2015. Note the "&" versus "and". It is no coincidence that they want you to confuse the two names. Note also the misspelling of Real Estate on their website menu as "Real State". Spelling and Grammar are not scammer's strong points. Finally, their website was created May 2016 (same as Professional Investment Solutions) and the registrant is located in Panama.

About Professional Investment Solutions, LLC. I had already pointed out that this was an inactive LLC that was reactivated at the time the website was created. I have no doubt it was done fraudulently. The original creator of that LLC is Franck Martin. If you REALLY want to know if that LLC/website is legit, call him. I would bet he has no clue someone has stolen his LLC. Google shows he is the owner of the Country Club Assisted Living located in Colorado Springs, phone 719 329-1200. A couple more possible numbers are 303 591-9158 and 303 591-1042. If you call him, please report back what you find out. I believe that this would provide your husband all the proof he needs.

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Please show your husband posts 6 and 10. RX8 is our resident website forensic investigator (unofficially). If that doesn't convince him you can see how these companies thrive.