• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Accomodation Certificate

troysers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had any luck using an accommodation certificate to book a unit that originally could not be seen with the certificate but could be seen with another trader?

I tried a search with an accommodation certificate that II gave me on some promotion and when I searched Orlando over the next 14 days it shows nothing available.

When I used another unit it showed that there was a 2 bedroom Marriott Grande Vista with a check in for today. Is the certificate so useless as to not even be able to pull a unit with a check in that will pass in less than 24 hours?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The certificates are generally good for areas with more supply than demand, and usually not the top resorts. II uses them to get rid of excess inventory. The resort you are looking at apparently is not on the "grid."

I have never been able to use an AC yet, but if you are real flexible about when and where you go, I know some people like them.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
For a same day check in, I would certainly call and see if they could use the certificate. I am sure they would have more leeway than if you were trying to get a bump up in trading power well in advance of the stay that has a better chance of finding someone using a real exchange.

troysers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Denise and I know what you mean by the resort not being on the grid; however, on these accommodation certificates the "grid" disappears when looking for a time period of 1 to 14 days.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
What is the size of the unit on the AC? Ive had consistent results using ACs for 2br in Sedona for week 50, not much demand for that week.

Ive been checking some of the recent Marriott sightings in Europe with a similar 3br AC and I can pull some but not others, Spain but not France. So even when the grid drops there are still demand restrictions.

Sent from my iPad using the strange new version of Tapatalk

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
I used an AC to book the Marriott Aruba Surf Club. They do work at times.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
We also had good luck with our recent AC's - I used one in 2014 to book a week at Club Intrawest Palm Desert, and we're using our second one at Grand Solmar in Cabo this April. The second one (grid restricted) took a ton of searching. But getting a week at Grand Solmar for ~$200 makes it worth it. In the past I've had to let them go unused.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are hundreds of different AC types. Some have very low trading power. I also believe that II lowered the power of all ACs because there is less excess inventory.

troysers

TUG Member
Reaction score
The AC was given as a bonus for renewing membership (so not attached to a specific resort (although I only have a 2 bedroom unit located in East Florida)).

I appreciate that the trading power would be very low, but to not be able to pull a resort on the day of check-in does not seem to make a whole lot of sense to me in that a customer (me) feels somewhat misled by this "benefit" and II could quite easily have missed out on some revenue. In summary, kind of a lose lose situation.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The AC was given as a bonus for renewing membership (so not attached to a specific resort (although I only have a 2 bedroom unit located in East Florida)).

I appreciate that the trading power would be very low, but to not be able to pull a resort on the day of check-in does not seem to make a whole lot of sense to me in that a customer (me) feels somewhat misled by this "benefit" and II could quite easily have missed out on some revenue. In summary, kind of a lose lose situation.

It doesn't hurt to call and see if they will override it.

chunkygal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BWV 215 pts

MVC Kauai, Wioahai

Enrolled in DC
I too have used them in the past for Aruba and Hilton head...dumb luck.

Quiet Pine

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
What's the current cost for AC domestic use?

It seems I put the entire question in the title. :)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It seems I put the entire question in the title. :)

There are all kinds, so it varies. If you received one, click through the reservation process, until you reach the price.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
There is no standard price for an AC. I've had some that were a flat $199 regardless of the size exchanged for and others that are tiered so that a studio is about $179, a one bedroom $219, and a 2 bedroom $249.

twinmommy19

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ongoing searches have worked very well for me with the ACs. They force you to pick a minimum of 3 resorts for a search and at least one has to be outside the 59 day flex period but I've found that's an easy work around even with the restrictive grid. There are still enough resorts in the areas they list that will never come up. East coast slope side resorts in 3rd week of December are usually the ones I go with to satisfy the requirement. I'm sure the Park City resorts would work too.

I know for a fact that just because you can't view an exchange in open inventory doesn't mean you won't get it almost immediately with a request. I needed an extra unit in Williamsburg at the end of the summer. I couldn't see the week I wanted with my lower power week. I knew the week was there because I saw it with my better trader. So I put in a request with the weaker trader to see. It was confirmed by the next morning.