• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Illumination Williamsburg questions

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I've never been to Williamsburg for the Grand Illuminations so thought I would try it this year. I do have a couple of questions though. Do I have to have a CW pass for the day to enjoy the evening festivities? If I don't, where should I park? How early should I get there?

Thanks.

Sattva

TUG Member
Reaction score
Following! We were thinking of trying the Grand Illuminations as well. We need advice :)

Fairwinds

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I really enjoy Grand Illumination. I think this is probably the most popular event in Williamsburg and is crowded but also fantastic. You do not need a pass. I like to park at the visitor center and walk to the historic area whenever there is an event. I have found parking there even when arriving late in afternoon (say 2 hours before fireworks) but it was way in the back in an overflow lot so no guarantee. Many people do go late so the more you back up the arrival time the better. Nearby street side and parking lots will be full all day. There are activities and music throughout the day so when you go depends on what you want and your stamina. Fireworks are simultaneously fired from three locations so there are plenty of viewing area. Many people bring chairs or blankets that can be used for fireworks but also various music venues earlier in the evening. Temps are unpredictable so plan for anywhere from light jacket to parkas and hats.

Last edited:

NKN

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Assuming you are staying at an area hotel or timeshare, maybe there is a shuttle.

Worth asking.

NKN
:wave:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Timeshare offers a shuttle. $10 per person leaves resort at 4:15p. I think we are going to drive but probably aiming for about the same time and hoping at least some overflow parking will be available.

Fairwinds

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope you enjoyed it. I wasn't able to go this year.