• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Puerta Vallarta in March

brg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thinking of going down with some friends in March. If we don't go in March it will have to be in June. I have been once before, but years ago. Need some recommendations on places that are not too far from town. Also would like a timeshare that has some nice amenities.

The time I did go, I stayed at the Villa Del Palmar, which was in a pretty good location and was pretty nice.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks:D

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Check Buganvilias Vacation Club - aka Sheraton Buganvilias by most of us, but technically, the Vacation Club is the timeshare and the Sheraton is the hotel. We love the location because of the ability to walk to the Malecon and Old Town areas and use the bus system. It is also about 3 blocks from the Mega grocery. We have several timeshares in PV, but this is our favorite because of the location.

It gets pretty hot in June. March would be a better time.

Last edited:

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
March would have way better weather. Rainy season starts sometime in June usually mid June and its hot, & humid.

Sheraton Bouganvillas is located well. Villa del Palmar has had a revamp, I enjoyed it there before revamp.
I like Velas Vallarta in marina, but it is more upscale and I think mandantory AI if exchanging.
I am trying Krystal beginning of January.

brg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I just tried to check availability for Buganvillias Vacation Club, but of course RCI is down for maintenance. In all the time I have been with RCI, I have never done an ongoing search. If I need two units for the same week, should I do an ongoing search? Or, if I see availability online would there be a good chance that they would have more than one unit available for that week. Seems like March is more prime time down there, but that is my preferred timeframe

Also if I get two units during the same week do I have to get a guest certificate for the second unit or can I just check in for both?

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Thanks for the input. I just tried to check availability for Buganvillias Vacation Club, but of course RCI is down for maintenance. In all the time I have been with RCI, I have never done an ongoing search. If I need two units for the same week, should I do an ongoing search? Or, if I see availability online would there be a good chance that they would have more than one unit available for that week. Seems like March is more prime time down there, but that is my preferred timeframe

Also if I get two units during the same week do I have to get a guest certificate for the second unit or can I just check in for both?

I am not sure about the guest certificate. Years ago, I was able to book several units for the same week using RCI and did not have to get one. We were there and brought our adult kids and a brother s sister-in-law with us. All the rooms were in our names. It was not a problem.

Sometimes they have several weeks listed at the same time. It is more difficult to get 2-bedroom units there as most units are 1-bedroom. The 2-bedrooms tend to be fixed week units that are oceanfront.

brg

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess I could call RCI, but I would probably get three different answers from three different reps.

I guess if I am there, I should be able to check in for both units. I would hate to spend the extra money needlessly, since I would be already be paying two exchange fees.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that if you're along, you do not need GCs.
In fact, we had 3 other couples traveling with us to PV and found out all of them would get there ahead of us. I simply called the resort to let them know our guests would arrive before us to make sure there were no issues, and there weren't.
We were also along on a family reunion where we had 5 units--no GCs needed, but I did call the resort directly to make sure.

Edited to add: Here are RCI's Ts & Cs, and I don't see this directly addressed by RCI in the 'Guest Certificates' section. But it sure does 'sound' like you are turning the week over to someone else and won't be there. I'd call them and the resort ahead of time.

Last edited: