• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best incentives for tours in Riviera Maya

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be staying at the Grand Bliss RM next week. Are there any decent tours in the playa del carmen area that give good incentives?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Have you read the descriptions here on TUG of what people have to go through on timeshare tours in Mexico - absolutely not worth it!

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Went on the Grand Mayan tour - worked out nicely for us. Planned the way to do it based on my Cabo experience. I signed up for a tour at the airport, getting about $600 worth of tour incentives. Arrived at GM, gave them the form from the airport person. Went on the tour the next morning - had a great buffet breakfast. Told the person I'd be happy to buy a guaranteed 2BR Xmas or New Years unit for $4000, that I DIDN'T want to sell any of my timeshares because I like them all. Went to the sales presentation, told them I'd be happy to listen to their spiel, and told them again that I'd be happy to buy a 2 BR for $4000 for XMAS or NY week each year or even every other year - but not interested in anything else. They passed me on to another person, who then passed me on to the people who try to sell their "vacation program." I repeated that I'd happily pay $4000 for a 2 BR guaranteed NY or XMAS week at the Grand Mayan. They tried selling me something that they said would be what I was asking for $7000 - but that was a load of bull. BEWARE to never trust anything they say. I told them I wasn't interested - they let me go. The breakfast took about an hour because my kids were with me and we were actually having a very nice breakfast. The timeshare presentation took less than two hours. Getting the tours took about 20 minutes more. That was all worth the $600 value of the tours. But you definitely need to do your research before going on a Grand Mayan tour!!