• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need help with Villa Del Arco TS cancellation!

doramon1313

Reaction score
So I'm an idiot...I wanted to believe them, I really did! So here I am 3 days in and wanting to cancel badly....here is an email I sent to Profeco:

Dear Profeco,

I am reaching out to you today for assistance in cancelling a timeshare contract. I signed a contract with Villa Del Arco (Constructoras Los Arcos, del Cabo S.A. de C.V.) on December 6, 2014. After being pressured into signing the contract, I read through the details and it was definitely not as proposed by the sellers.

I know I have 5 days to rescind and have done so in writing (copy of letter is attached). On December 8th, 2014 I sent an Express Fedex to the address on the contract and Fedex attempted delivery on December 9, 2014 and it was unsuccessful. My fear is the office knows what the Fedex package is and is purposely not accepting the package. On December 8th, 2014 I also sent a registered mail with deliver confirmation from Correos de Mexico.

What are my options at this point?

Fedex tracking number: XXXXXXX
Correos de Mexico tracking number: XXXXXXXX

Any words of advice?

TIA

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Encantada, Playa Grande, Pueblo Bonito Sunset
Villa group (and others) list a fake address on their contracts so they can claim they never received it.
You can call PROFECO at 52 55 5211 1723 or stop by their local Cabo office on the 3 rd floor of the Golden Palace shopping center near the main bus station. They have english speaking attourneys that can help you at no charge.