• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta

phillipsfamlv

Reaction score
We exchanged thru II for Grand Luxxe NV this June (going for my 40th!). I have a few questions about the resort that I have found limited information on...

Our 15 year old son will be joining us - are there things for him to do to stay busy and entertained? Since he's not a 'kid' anymore, I am assuming the kids club is out of the question - Hoping maybe there's some other teens around his age the week we are there!

How's the construction coming along? II had it noted when we booked that construction was on-going through 12/2014, however, I have read very recent reviews that would indicate otherwise.

Lastly, how $$$ is La Plaza for some basic groceries? I know we can catch a cab to Walmart or Mega nearby, but reviews have made it seem a little difficult to get off the property, and since we will be buying a meal plan (1 plan, to split between the 3 of us for at least a coupe of great meals), I am not sure we will do a TON of cooking. Honestly, I am okay with paying a higher price for some groceries if that means more time to relax and enjoy my vacation! Also, do they sell a wide variety of grocery items? I.e., quick breakfast things, lunch stuff, water, alcohol?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I'm heading there in June.

Look up Grand Mayan instead of Grand Luxxe and you'll get a better idea of the property.

The Mayan pools are pretty awesome. The Luxxe pool will be quieter and more "adult."

Book a zip line adventure for him. Vallarta's zip lines are some of the best ever although it can get pretty hot in the jungle. Great workout!

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
We took 5 of our Grandkids on Spring break a couple of years back (ages 16-11). I was a little worried about teen activities but that was absolutely no problem. Within hours of arrival, The 16 year old girl (who is not shy) had found all the activity centers for teens in each of the pool areas and they were mostly there all week. The GM pool is the focal point. If your 15 year old is a little shy, you might need to take him there and introduce him to the activity leaders - they will take it from there. There is something every hour. Beware, the activity leaders are quite attractive; my 15 year old GS developed quite the "crush".

Construction is not a problem any more as it has moved down the river a bit.

La Plaza is definitely high end from all perspectives. The Deli / dessert areas are amazing. The grocery part has all that you need for snacking and alcohol. We always go to Walmart one time for a broad selection and then use La Plaza for incidentals. We basically do no cooking. I would say La Plaza is 30ish% higher.

The meal plan is a good deal if you plan wisely; splitting the orders makes sense as the portions are large. Plan wisely as the humongous breakfast buffets are also a part of the meal plan; we use that as a brunch. It is not difficult to get off the property and there are a bunch of good restaurants in the Nuevo area. Taxis are easy to get both ways and cheap enough not to be an issue at all. Don't miss Bucerias; great restaurants on ocean.

Mike

phillipsfamlv

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips! We are going to do the Las Caletas Beach getaway and our son will be doing some scuba diving (Future marine biologist) Sadly, zip lining is a no-go; he has a major fear of heights! He is quite shy, but tends to loosen up a bit fairly quickly. Hopefully, he can make some friends quickly and leave us to the quieter, more relaxing pools It is my 40th, afterall :whoopie: