• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

PCB Spring Break

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Tuggers! Just wanted to ask if anyone saw a huge softening in the Panama City Beach spring break rental market this year with the new alcohol rules in place?

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
No alcohol on the beaches during spring break...the entire month of March and first week of April.

Alcohol can only be served in clubs, restaurants, etc, absolutely nothing on the beaches. I live about 3 hours north of PCB and read where they were arresting kids left and right due to the alcohol. I also heard that crowds were way down. I am just wondering if anyone had trouble renting their units down there (or had to lower prices) due to fewer spring breakers...

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
I had 4 to rent at Easter. 2 the week before and 2 after.
Had to give the 2 before Easter back, no takers.
The 2 after Easter rented reducing the rate and last minute.
Both going with family.

I'm trying it again for fall and see if its any different.
Fall bike week and the big Emerald Coast Cruizin car show

http://www.pcbrally.com/
http://www.emeraldcoastcruizin.com/

Suesue1738

TUG Member
Reaction score
We noticed the influx in Pensacola!!

It looks like the drunk college kids made their way down to Pensacola. We've gone to Pensacola for the last two years and loved the "family-friendly" vibe of the town during spring break. This year, TONS of drunk college kids hanging their heads out the car windows, throwing up, etc. One of our waiters commented that it was the change in the PCB laws that made them change locations. Hopefully Pensacola will instititute the same kind of law, and they will move again.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Rolling UP that previously rolled OUT welcome mat...

Quite ironic, this. It was just a few short years ago that PCB very openly and very publicly invited and welcomed college Spring Break "students" --- after the intrepid, "studious" young adults had managed to wear out their welcomes in Fort Lauderdale and elsewhere.

Apparently, the dollars the "students" bring to PCB apparently no longer justify all the irresponsible, juvenile, offensive behavior and aggravation that accompany them.
So......where will all of these brilliant young pillars of academia (...your leaders of the future :eek: ) likely head next to work hard at making themselves unwelcome?

Last edited:

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had 4 to rent at Easter. 2 the week before and 2 after.
Had to give the 2 before Easter back, no takers.
The 2 after Easter rented reducing the rate and last minute.
Both going with family.

I'm trying it again for fall and see if its any different.
Fall bike week and the big Emerald Coast Cruizin car show

http://www.pcbrally.com/
http://www.emeraldcoastcruizin.com/
This was the feedback I had been getting from others. Hopefully more families will fill in the void!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk