• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bravo to TUG!!!

mtforeman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well TUGgers,

All I can say is that (while I'm mostly a lurker, occasionally a poster) my relationship with TUG has completely revolutionized my family's experiences with vacationing.

With four children, years ago I joined TUG after a timeshare tour (I didn't buy). I learned so much. Since then, we have bought resale timeshares that have been well suited to meet our family's needs and have had amazing vacations wherever we wanted to go.

The change in RCI to points-lite actually helped us a lot, as did the ability to join points together and do ongoing searches. It can get pricey, but we often go to places that are really expensive, and timesharing saves money.

We just booked a July trip to Disney at Saratoga Springs to spend a week on site at Disney. The list price with their best deal (30% off) was nearly $2800. We're going for $500 with our points lite (which is probably an extra $800).

I can't thank TUG enough. We just bought a summer week at Massanutten (week 26) for less than $600. How amazing is that? We probably won't trade that one, but the trade value isn't bad either considering the maintenance fee (around $700).

Thanks so much to you all. Timeshares can be awful for some people, but buying resale smartly can provide amazing opportunities!

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
That's exactly how I feel about timesharing. Sure, it's not for everyone, but for some of us it's wonderful. I just booked a week on Kauai for my daughter's honeymoon. My cost $800 +/- The cost on the website for their prepaid, non-refundable rate $2,800. Sweet. All because of TUG.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad you've had such great vacations!

We just booked a July trip to Disney at Saratoga Springs to spend a week on site at Disney. The list price with their best deal (30% off) was nearly $2800. We're going for $500 with our points lite (which is probably an extra $800)....
I'm a bit confused by this. Do you mean you paid about $800 in MFs for your RCI deposit, plus $500 in fees (RCI exchange fee, DVC resort fee, RCI membership fee, plus maybe an RCI combine fee?)