• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Access questions

gstepic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a particular resort but am also considering Club Access. There do not seem to be many resales so is this a fairly new program or has it been around for awhile?

At our last presentation at the Panama City Resort the sales guy kept telling me how much better MF were with Club Access and he kept telling me how much my regular MF were going up compared to Club Access. I keep watch of my expenses and my mf increases were not any 10%, which is what the salesperson was telling me they were. I have been on enough presentations to know how often the truth is bended. I am curious though if there is something in Club Access to limit mf increases, which I doubt.

Although I think my best plan is to try and find the resort I am looking for, but not sure how often it will be on the resale market. I am guessing it will still be easier to get into that resort if I am an owner as opposed to getting in with Club Access. I guess if I really want to increase my chances I may want to do both, and would probably sell one of my other Wyndham TS that I could care less about having it as my home resort, even if I end up giving it away.

Club Access is becoming a little more appealing because there are several resorts in the same area that have Club Access inventory, which can be important if we want to vacation in that area during the early summer. I am just surprised that I did not see many Club Access resales which is why I wonder if it is a new program.

And please let me know if I should word this post differently as I do not want to break any rules. I just would like advice on a strategy. If I came across a Club Access should I buy or should I be patient and wait to see if there will be a listing for the resort we want to book every other year or so?

Gary

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think your post is fine. You are not advertising anything.

As to Club Wyndham Access (CWA), it's been around for several years. The eBay listings for CWA have certainly slowed down a bit in the past year. Ebay is showing at least 5 current auctions, although 3 of them are over-priced Buy-It-Now / Best Offer options.

Where are you trying to go? Are you trying to get 3 or 4 BR Presidential units? Not every resort has a need to have 13 month ARP, with plenty of availability still there at the 10 month standard reservation window.

gstepic

TUG Member
Reaction score
We fell in love with Destin

We just got back from a trip to Panama City Beach and Destin. We loved the resort at Panama City Beach and loved the Destin area and really liked where we stayed, at the Bay Club II. We would want two bedroom units.

For our next trip we would probably book from the middle to end of May. It appears that is the best time of the year as far as water temp, rain, and regular temperatures. If our adult son travels with us or anyone with kids, then we would want to book around the first week of June.

The only place we could find for Destin for the second week of June was Bay Club II, so maybe not so hard to get. Still, when we plan to go again I would like to have good odds of being able to book. If we cannot find a Bay club II then Club Access may be a good option for that area. As I said I could still keep an eye out for the Bay Club II down the road.

After owning Wyndham for over ten years we finally found a resort we may want to go every other year. We do know we could care less about one of the properties we own so if we first bought Club Access and then later Bay Club II, we could get rid of the other property thanks to TUG making me aware of the resale process.

Since we just got back from our Destin and PCB vacation we probably will not go again until 2016. So I have at least a year to find what we want.

Gary

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
At $5.56/1000 points CWA would NOT be an improvement over your Bonnet Creek MF, at least for now. CWA is better than your Cypress Palms I believe.

Funny how the salesman forgot to mention that Panama City Beach has one of the lowest MF in the system, and is much lower than CWA and Bay Club. Would you consider PCB for your biennial vacation stop, or do you prefer the Destin locations?

If Destin has good availability at 10 months, and if PCB is a good fallback option for you, you may want to consider this plan of action:

1) buy at PCB for low MF and ARP.
2) make your ARP booking at PCB
3) at the 10- month window, if you'd rather go to Bay Club, cancel PCB and reserve Bay Club
3a) if Bay Club is booked up, you still have a vacation in your desired area.

This would burn 2 RTs to accomplish, so you'll have to manage that closely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, be aware that you cannot commingle CWA and CWP (deeded at a given resort) points for ARP. You need to have enough CWA points to cover your entire reservation during ARP. At 10 months, CWA and CWP points spend the same.

Also, due to the way the CWA trust is set up, there may or may not be inventory for the week/times you want for ARP. This is because CWA only owns points and/or weeks that were traded in or foreclosed upon at any given resort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gstepic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, and here is my plan of action

Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it. On our past trip I thought I would like PCB more than Destin, mainly because of the resort. After going on our vacation my wife and I would rather spend more time in Destin. We probably will continue to do both with more nights in Destin. The Bay Club II requires a heck of a lot less points than PCB resort, but we sure loved hearing the ocean from our PCB resort.

I am aware that combining the points does not help. Thanks to this forum I have a much better understand of how priority booking works. I am actually going to write down a strategy keeping in mind it has to be flexible depending on what resales pop up.

I will keep an eye out for either a Bay Club II or Club Access. For Bay Club II I would go for less than the 175000 points (no less than 154000) it would take to book for a full week, with the intent on booking for 6 days. I am aware I would have to book for Saturday check in, which would be fine.

If a Club Access becomes available for a reasonable price I would buy, but at a minimum of 175,000 points, which is a full prime week at the Bay Club II. If I find one for around 250000 I would sell my Club Destin, which is 94500 annual points. I want to keep my total mf less than $250 per month and 350,000 to 450,000 points per year would be perfect.

If I ended getting a large Club Access and then saw a Bay Club II, I would buy the Bay Club II and sell either my Bonnet Creek or Cyprus Palms, depending on if the Bay Club II were even or odd year. This plan my take several years but I would be getting just want I want and making best use of my ownership. I would not mind getting a PCB resort as well, but it seems easier to book at 10 months with this resort.

My thinking is if getting a prime booking for Bay Club II is highest priority then the Club Access would have to be at least 175000 points because I may have to book a full week with club access. I am pretty sure I would have a good chance of booking 6 nights during prime if I owned Bay Club II, but my thinking could be faulty.

I don't know how we managed with only 162500 to 154500 all these years (we have owned for over ten year and just last year added a 94500 annual from a resale purchase. Having the extra points will allow for some unplanned trips or some short driving trips to Pagosa Springs or Sedona.

Am I being unreasonable thinking if I am patient I can get a 200,000 point Club Access for around a grand or less? I have seen a 154000 Bay Club II for a hundred bucks (already sold though) and there is a 168000 (both every other year) I saw for $4000, which is probably on the high side if I am willing to wait.

I will keeping checking this site, Redweek, and eBay. Any other good sources to find resales?

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it. On our past trip I thought I would like PCB more than Destin, mainly because of the resort. After going on our vacation my wife and I would rather spend more time in Destin. We probably will continue to do both with more nights in Destin. The Bay Club II requires a heck of a lot less points than PCB resort, but we sure loved hearing the ocean from our PCB resort.

I am aware that combining the points does not help. Thanks to this forum I have a much better understand of how priority booking works. I am actually going to write down a strategy keeping in mind it has to be flexible depending on what resales pop up.

I will keep an eye out for either a Bay Club II or Club Access. For Bay Club II I would go for less than the 175000 points (no less than 154000) it would take to book for a full week, with the intent on booking for 6 days. I am aware I would have to book for Saturday check in, which would be fine.

If a Club Access becomes available for a reasonable price I would buy, but at a minimum of 175,000 points, which is a full prime week at the Bay Club II. If I find one for around 250000 I would sell my Club Destin, which is 94500 annual points. I want to keep my total mf less than $250 per month and 350,000 to 450,000 points per year would be perfect.

If I ended getting a large Club Access and then saw a Bay Club II, I would buy the Bay Club II and sell either my Bonnet Creek or Cyprus Palms, depending on if the Bay Club II were even or odd year. This plan my take several years but I would be getting just want I want and making best use of my ownership. I would not mind getting a PCB resort as well, but it seems easier to book at 10 months with this resort.

My thinking is if getting a prime booking for Bay Club II is highest priority then the Club Access would have to be at least 175000 points because I may have to book a full week with club access. I am pretty sure I would have a good chance of booking 6 nights during prime if I owned Bay Club II, but my thinking could be faulty.

I don't know how we managed with only 162500 to 154500 all these years (we have owned for over ten year and just last year added a 94500 annual from a resale purchase. Having the extra points will allow for some unplanned trips or some short driving trips to Pagosa Springs or Sedona.

Am I being unreasonable thinking if I am patient I can get a 200,000 point Club Access for around a grand or less? I have seen a 154000 Bay Club II for a hundred bucks (already sold though) and there is a 168000 (both every other year) I saw for $4000, which is probably on the high side if I am willing to wait.

I will keeping checking this site, Redweek, and eBay. Any other good sources to find resales?
Someone else can chime in on the other resale sources.

There is a 203k annual CWA on Ebay now (http://www.ebay.com/itm/203-000-Wyn...61341429960?pt=Timeshares&hash=item2590b2d8c8).

There is also a 163k Annual CWA, but the reserve seems too high.

I have not been tracking CWA contracts on eBay. See what the Sold listings have been. I am reticent to put a value on TUG since that seems to have a direct correlation to auction price inflation for current offerings. PM me if you want my take on a value.

Happy hunting!

Last edited:

gstepic

TUG Member
Reaction score
sent a pm and had a question about recipricol relationships

Seems like another option could be finding a resort with a reciprocal relationship. I guess there are resorts where if you buy at that resort you get early booking rights at another resort. Supposedly we can book early at the Las Vegas Grand Desert because we bought Bonnet Creek.

I am also curious if Club Access can see availability at 13 months. I think even at home resorts when using the computer you can only see what is available at 10 months, from what someone said in another post. I thought Club Access worked similar to Worldmark where there was no home resort. The ad link interests me but it seems to be tied to the Grand Desert resort.

Last edited:

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems like another option could be finding a resort with a reciprocal relationship. I guess there are resorts where if you buy at that resort you get early booking rights at another resort. Supposedly we can book early at the Las Vegas Grand Desert because we bought Bonnet Creek.

I am also curious if Club Access can see availability at 13 months. I think even at home resorts when using the computer you can only see what is available at 10 months, from what someone said in another post. I thought Club Access worked similar to Worldmark where there was no home resort. The ad link interests me but it seems to be tied to the Grand Desert resort.

I'm posting an excerpt from my PM. I'm not sure what a reciprocal agreement means as you have been told. There are affiliate and associate agreements, but these are very unreliable and there is usually extremely limited inventory from such agreements. I have more specific comments on the PM.

There is something called Reciprocal ARP (or RARP) that is available to you if you are Gold VIP or higher. You can use RARP once (Gold) or twice (Platinum) per year to make reservations at any CWP resort beginning at 11 months.

Yes, CWA has no home resort, just like Worldmark the Club. EBay requires a location for all real estate and TS listings, so you might see Las Vegas or Orlando in the listing for CWA sometimes. Even with Worldmark, you may see listings tied to Oregon or a particular location, but it doesn't really mean anything.

Unlike Worldmark, you cannot view availability online for "ARP" inventory at all. As in all Wyndham ARP bookings (whether CWA or CWP), you need to call into the reservation line to inquire about availability or to make a booking.

Last edited: