• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wow! They really changed the owners update.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Okay, so call me a sucker.
These front desk reservation agents at Royal Vista are so sweet and make me feel so guilty when they tell me how they really need to try to get us to take the tour that I caved in both times I've been to Royal Vista. That's the only place so far that I've done an update so I'm pretty good at resisting but since I want to return here year after year I figure I should get in good with the staff. They are really great staff and of course the $100 Amex doesn't hurt either. ;)

Anyways, just wanted to share my experience at these updates.

Last year it was a 1 on 1 presentation. They put us in a big sales room with several tables and the breakfast was halfway decent. Poor sales guy though knew he was sunk in the water when he saw I purchased resale. :p He couldn't get me out fast enough last year since I imagine he didn't want anyone to overhear my ebay purchase. It was so comical cause the whole thing was literally over in 15 minutes. :eek:

This year things were different. First off they have a master sales guy doing a 1 hour "education" on Wyndham spiel with pretty pictures of resorts and happy families, happy upbeat music and then a whiteboard presentation highlighting all the differences between ownerships. I felt like I was at a Multilevel Marketing Presentation. :hysterical: Of course there is a question and answer session with him asking everyone what they own and what level and congratulating those with a gazillion points, etc.

Then the assigned sales person comes to pick you up to finish up with a 1 on 1 session. Funny thing is that the poor soul who got me last year also got me this year. :rofl: Not sure if he remembered me but I think so because he actually didn't even come and get me. I was the last one standing in the presentation room. Everyone else had been called. I had to go and find a manager to go find my sales guy. :eek:

Then he tells me after I finally find him, let's go into this room instead of the big sales room. Okay by now I know what the problem is, he must have noted last year that I purchased on ebay. He barely tried to sell me anything except the virtues of the PIC program and why I should do it. :rolleyes:
I really wasn't interested since I use my fixed weeks and see no benefit to converting. Maybe I should have let him go on but told him I wasn't interested. I know I can always come here to learn about PIC from you guys and if it ever makes sense to do so directly with Wyndham.

So once I told him I am a realtor the conversation changed to the real estate market and what brokerage I work with. He did try to revisit the whole PIC idea and how sales agents at Wyndham were going to ebay to buy units for $1 to PIC them and that Wyndham stopped that but it's still possible for me to convert my unit.

So that was it.
No more than an hour and 20 minutes for my $100 Amex.
That's more an hour than I made when I was working as a nurse so it was worth waking up a little early.
Only annoying thing is that they called me 3 different times that morning. Two were computer calls I imagine to make sure I was awake and then I got a front desk personal call. That was annoying but I guess I understand why they do it.

I guess now I won't be afraid to do the sales tour if I happen to have the time and do it early in the morning when the rest of my crew is sleeping. I'm an early riser so it's not really that big of a deal to do an early breakfast tour. That's one way to get my reservation fees back. :crash:

Pietin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham-Glacier Canyon, Star Island, Cypress Palms, Pagosa Spring, Kingsgate, DVC - OKW, VGF
Thanks for the update Chriskre. Much better than the 4 hour hard sell. :ignore:

lcml11

Reaction score
Okay, so call me a sucker.
These front desk reservation agents at Royal Vista are so sweet and make me feel so guilty when they tell me how they really need to try to get us to take the tour that I caved in both times I've been to Royal Vista. That's the only place so far that I've done an update so I'm pretty good at resisting but since I want to return here year after year I figure I should get in good with the staff. They are really great staff and of course the $100 Amex doesn't hurt either. ;)

Anyways, just wanted to share my experience at these updates.

Last year it was a 1 on 1 presentation. They put us in a big sales room with several tables and the breakfast was halfway decent. Poor sales guy though knew he was sunk in the water when he saw I purchased resale. :p He couldn't get me out fast enough last year since I imagine he didn't want anyone to overhear my ebay purchase. It was so comical cause the whole thing was literally over in 15 minutes. :eek:

This year things were different. First off they have a master sales guy doing a 1 hour "education" on Wyndham spiel with pretty pictures of resorts and happy families, happy upbeat music and then a whiteboard presentation highlighting all the differences between ownerships. I felt like I was at a Multilevel Marketing Presentation. :hysterical: Of course there is a question and answer session with him asking everyone what they own and what level and congratulating those with a gazillion points, etc.

Then the assigned sales person comes to pick you up to finish up with a 1 on 1 session. Funny thing is that the poor soul who got me last year also got me this year. :rofl: Not sure if he remembered me but I think so because he actually didn't even come and get me. I was the last one standing in the presentation room. Everyone else had been called. I had to go and find a manager to go find my sales guy. :eek:

Then he tells me after I finally find him, let's go into this room instead of the big sales room. Okay by now I know what the problem is, he must have noted last year that I purchased on ebay. He barely tried to sell me anything except the virtues of the PIC program and why I should do it. :rolleyes:
I really wasn't interested since I use my fixed weeks and see no benefit to converting. Maybe I should have let him go on but told him I wasn't interested. I know I can always come here to learn about PIC from you guys and if it ever makes sense to do so directly with Wyndham.

So once I told him I am a realtor the conversation changed to the real estate market and what brokerage I work with. He did try to revisit the whole PIC idea and how sales agents at Wyndham were going to ebay to buy units for $1 to PIC them and that Wyndham stopped that but it's still possible for me to convert my unit.

So that was it.
No more than an hour and 20 minutes for my $100 Amex.
That's more an hour than I made when I was working as a nurse so it was worth waking up a little early.
Only annoying thing is that they called me 3 different times that morning. Two were computer calls I imagine to make sure I was awake and then I got a front desk personal call. That was annoying but I guess I understand why they do it.

I guess now I won't be afraid to do the sales tour if I happen to have the time and do it early in the morning when the rest of my crew is sleeping. I'm an early riser so it's not really that big of a deal to do an early breakfast tour. That's one way to get my reservation fees back. :crash:

As a real estate agent, do you rent timeshares? If so do you significantly beat the Extra Holidays 40 percent?

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
As a real estate agent, do you rent timeshares? If so do you significantly beat the Extra Holidays 40 percent?

No. I don't work in the timeshare industry but you never know what the future holds.

I mostly work with investors looking for rental units or higher end condo rentals in the downtown area of the city where I live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Thanks for the update Chriskre. Much better than the 4 hour hard sell. :ignore: