• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ARP Not Available?

raptor78

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe misunderstanding -- but I have CWA points as well as CWP points in Myrtle Beach (Ocean Blvd)

I called reservations today to inquire about a 13 month ARP at Sea Watch, specifically a 3BR Pres unit.

I was told there was nothing available

Correct me if I am wrong (as I suspect I must be) -- it was my understanding that the 13 month ARP is the earliest a unit could be made available -- so for reservations to tell me there are no 3BR Pres units means I was beaten out with people calling in at 7am?

Am I missing something on the ARP reservations? I would think I should be covered by both by CWA and my Ocean Blvd contract in terms of ARP at Sea Watch...

Inputs?

Mike

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Or the CWA Myrtle Beach points available for ARP for 2015 have been exhausted.

You don't say how many points you have of CWA or Ocean Boulevard, but I don't think they can be used together for ARP, so if you didn't have enough of either one individually for the 3 bedroom you wouldn't be able to book it (I'm sure Ron will chime in shortly).

Pietin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham-Glacier Canyon, Star Island, Cypress Palms, Pagosa Spring, Kingsgate, DVC - OKW, VGF
Not wrong but...

You only have APR for the number of point you have at the resort. You only have APR for the number of points you have CWA. You cannot combine the two. So if you have 154K resort points, and 126K CWA points, you can only reserve a room requiring 154K using the resort points during the APR. You can reserve a room using CWA that is 126K during the APR. You cannot reserve a room requiring more.

Then the room has to be available for the point you have, i.e. if you are trying to reserve a room with CWA points that room has to be available in the CWA inventory, not all the rooms at the resort are available to CWA inventory. It depends upon how much of the resort ownership is CWA.

During APR you can try and split the reservation to use both sets of points, 3 night CWA and 4 night resort, or whatever combinations the resort will take during ARP, and which your points can cover.

And as you said, all three bedrooms may just be gone already too.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe misunderstanding -- but I have CWA points as well as CWP points in Myrtle Beach (Ocean Blvd)

I called reservations today to inquire about a 13 month ARP at Sea Watch, specifically a 3BR Pres unit.

Correct me if I am wrong (as I suspect I must be) -- it was my understanding that the 13 month ARP is the earliest a unit could be made available -- so for reservations to tell me there are no 3BR Pres units means I was beaten out with people calling in at 7am?

Am I missing something on the ARP reservations? I would think I should be covered by both by CWA and my Ocean Blvd contract in terms of ARP at Sea Watch...

Inputs?

Mike

There is only one Presidential unit at my favorite resort. The resort allows Fri., Sat., and Sun. check-in/check-out days during Prime season, but the property with the Presidential unit has only Sat. check-in/check-out. I know to call when the phone lines open at 8 a.m. ET exactly 13 months in advance of the Saturday for the week that I want to reserve the unit. Anyone calling in after 8 a.m. and for the next 6 days will find there is no ARP availability for the Presidential unit.

If there are a very limited number of Presidential units at Sea Watch, and they allow just certain day(s) for check-in/check-out, this may be the difficulty.

I learned this from Reservations. I would call-in at 8 a.m. ET to reserve the unit 13 months prior to the Friday for the desired week, but it was never available. The agent mentioned the Saturday only check-in/check-out for the Presidential unit during one of these calls. I called back the next day, and reserved the unit.

Today is exactly 13 months before Friday, July 17, 2015. If I called-in first thing this morning, chances are the Presidential unit was booked sometime during the last 6 days, and there is no ARP availability. If I call-in first thing tomorrow, chances are I can reserved the unit for 3, 4, or 7 days beginning July 18, 2015, because tomorrow is exactly 13 months before the Saturday check-in/check-out day.

Try calling Reservations to ask if the Sea Watch 3 bd Presidential unit(s) has only a Sat. (or other) check-in/check-out day. If it is limited to Sat., then call back first thing tomorrow morning, and you may find availability.

Last edited:

raptor78

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok so what I am hearing is it is a timing issue...

I have plenty of points in CWA (415K) and CWP (640K) so the points are not an issue

But the timing might be -- same to assume I could call reservations and ask both, how many Pres units the property has and what the check-in dates are?

Thanks!

Mike

antjmar

Reaction score
One 3br Friday check in
One 4br Saturday check in
That all! Good luck

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score

One 3br Friday check in
That all! Good luck
Someone else won the race this morning for the 7/17/2015 3 BR Pres.

Try tomorrow morning promptly at 8 a.m. EDT for the 4 BR Pres. or next Tuesday morning at 8 a.m. for the 3 BR Pres. Time is of the essence; I would not spend any time checking availability using CWA and instead proceed directly to reserving as fast as possible using CWP, but it is your call, of course.

It looks like scoring one of these in the summer is the next best thing to winning the lottery.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I called reservations today to inquire about a 13 month ARP at Sea Watch, specifically a 3BR Pres unit...
Presidential Reserve units are held exclusively for Presidential Reserve owner ARP in a 14-12 month booking window (info from Wyn website), which might open up more inventory if no PR owner grabs them. I don't know if SeaWatch has any addtional PR units, but you may want to try again at 12 months to the day.

Last edited:

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
One 3br Friday check in
That all! Good luck
Is this total inventory, or only what was available at a snapshot in time?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
And remember also -- Myrtle Beach is a regional booking for ARP -- so, you also have ALL the owners fighting for the same PRIME weeks and units -- end of June til the start of the 3rd week in August. And many of the Westwind's resort weeks were sold as FIXED Weeks and I suspect, the summer usage is STILL very high percentage are the Fixed Week.

Ah, the Wyndham systems .... Fixed week, converted fixed weeks, regional booking, CWA, CWP, Presidential Reserve, Club Plus .... all in one place with 4 or is it 5 resorts (The Grove?).

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Total inventory!
Did not know about the block for the non presidential owners.

The block is only if they have separate inventory for "Presidential Reserve".

For instance, Glacier Canyon has that designation so a certain number of presidential rooms are held exclusively for "Presidential Reserve" owners. You may see no availability, and then some will pop up when their preference period ends. The maintenance fees for Presidential Reserve owners are also slightly higher than standard owners at GC.

Last edited: