• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

9 more scammers raided!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
http://www.wftv.com/countybycounty/27782059/detail.html

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Close to 20 people could end up facing charges after they were taken in for questioning when Orlando police raided nine timeshare businesses on Wednesday. Detectives believe the businesses are all part of an elaborate operation that scammed people all across the country out of their hard-earned cash.

Bravo! :whoopie:

2vintage

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good Job!

Having been scammed in the past (yes, indeed, we were naive), I'm happy that these people are finally being brought to justice. Only problem is that for every one that is shut down, it seems that 3 more spring up.:cheer:

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Didn't see any names in newspaper article - do you know which companies these are? We have a "discussion" going with a PCC right now and hope it's one of them.

Here's the groups involved as reported elsewhere:

Jams Management of Central Florida, Resorts Condos Management, Global Resort Condos Plus and Superior Vacation Marketing, which apparently operate out of both Florida and Texas. A fellow named Jamie Aquino appears to be the main man. (Thanks to the Timeshare Insider for that list)

UVC Members

TUG Member
Reaction score
Scams

Here's another one that people should be very skeptical of. Enterprise Travel Inc. This company is being touted by the Sales Developer in Mexico and allegedly will sell your interval or rent your interval. However, I have not heard of one single person who is satisfied. This company does require an upfront "processing" fee.
Oh to hell with it. The Developer is the Villa Group which builds Villa del Palmar resorts in Mexico.

Last edited:

dap

Reaction score
Timeshare Rental Scam

Here's another one that people should be very skeptical of. Enterprise Travel Inc. This company is being touted by our Sales Developer in Mexico and allegedly will sell your interval or rent your interval. However, I have not heard of one single person who is satisfied. The company does require an upfront "processing" fee.
Oh to hell with it. The Developer is the Villa Group which builds Villa del Palmar resorts in Mexico.

I received a call from Global Resort Management LLC from Orlando, then found their name on TUG and found that the Economic Crimes Division in Orlando has case number L10-3-1068 open against them for being deceptive in their telemarketing practices. When they called back a second time I quoted the case number and read the allegation to them, they hung up and don't answer their phone. Thanks TUG!

koty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's the groups involved as reported elsewhere:

Jams Management of Central Florida, Resorts Condos Management, Global Resort Condos Plus and Superior Vacation Marketing, which apparently operate out of both Florida and Texas. A fellow named Jamie Aquino appears to be the main man. (Thanks to the Timeshare Insider for that list)

Thanks John - our company not on there - Travel Exclusive d/b/a Simple Solutions - has been going on since last October - we have an attorney and hope it's all concluded soon.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Thanks John - our company not on there - Travel Exclusive d/b/a Simple Solutions - has been going on since last October - we have an attorney and hope it's all concluded soon.

Also, beware of Goodbuy Timeshares aka Timeshare Resale out of Alexandria Virginia.

lablady412

Reaction score
When are they going to go after Westgate????

It would be nice if the authorities would do something about Westgate. They are scamming people all over the country, not just in Florida and no one seems to want to do anything about it. I spent a great deal of time reporting them to every agency I could think of and no one seems to think that what they are doing is wrong.

Having been scammed in the past (yes, indeed, we were naive), I'm happy that these people are finally being brought to justice. Only problem is that for every one that is shut down, it seems that 3 more spring up.:cheer:

Judi Kozlowski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Scammers

Our Licensed Timeshare Resale Brokers Association is actively reporting these scoundrels to the proper agencies. On a daily basis we have clients that are scammed. We are so proud to see Florida finally focusing on the problem. We are actually seeing clients getting money back from these lowlifes.
All you have to do when you are buying or selling timeshare is deal with somebody with a real estate license and you will have somebody to go to if you get scammed. www.ltrba.com

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if the authorities would do something about Westgate. They are scamming people all over the country, not just in Florida and no one seems to want to do anything about it. I spent a great deal of time reporting them to every agency I could think of and no one seems to think that what they are doing is wrong.

Morally wrong but within state licensing guidelines, do their emplyees step pver the line to make a living, are they enclouragede by their management you bet . . . .

Almost every developer sale is worth a fraction, the fact that they are still actively marketing in this economy is what is despecable

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our Licensed Timeshare Resale Brokers Association is actively reporting these scoundrels to the proper agencies. On a daily basis we have clients that are scammed. We are so proud to see Florida finally focusing on the problem. We are actually seeing clients getting money back from these lowlifes.
All you have to do when you are buying or selling timeshare is deal with somebody with a real estate license and you will have somebody to go to if you get scammed. www.ltrba.com

Thanks, Judy. As you know, timeshares are a difficult product made much more so due to the scammers.

One of my idiot friends, dropped $8800 on a Wyndham direct buy. Everytime he talks to some stranger on the phone, he asks "just how do I get rid of this" & "it is too much trouble; I can't be bothered; I don't understand or want to spend the time to figure it out." RIPE for a scammer.

Brerrabbit

Reaction score
I think we should do a survey among ourselves with the following question:

How much jail time should these timeshare resale scammers get?

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
There's plenty of sharks in the timeshare industry... what exactly are these companies doing wrong? I would assume that some of their activity is covered in a contract, in some manner.

And why aren't all of them arrested? Please don't misintepret my questions... I'm not defending them!

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
For the most part, they are charging an upfront fee for services that are not rendered. They make cold calls, and get a credit card number over the phone. They charge the credit card before any contract is ever issued. If/when a contract is ever sent, it is completely different than the services offered over the phone.

Why aren't the all arrested? Because these places are fly by night - they change locations and identities at the drop of a hat. Many of them have multiple "companies" working out of the same call center.

Last edited:

Love2Cruise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a call the other day from someone asking me if I was interested in renting my Vegas Wyndham timeshare. Funny thing is this is my first timeshare purchase and I don't even have the deed yet. He called on the house phone which I never use and don't even know the number off the top of my head because it is my new wife's house and I just moved in last year. I was so confused by the call that I didn't bother to ask what company it was or how they got this phone number. When he realized that he was getting no where with my Vegas timeshare he asked me if I had any other weeks I wanted to rent or sell.