• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Our SDO buying experience

ThreeLittleBirds

TUG Member
Reaction score
We purchased a 2bed/2bath lockoff at Sheraton Desert Oasis on Ebay for $490 through Rodney Chilton (laman)

Our first issue arose when we saw our exact unit for sale again a week later on Ebay, but Rodney corrected that very quickly.

Yesterday, we received a copy of the warranty deed. Very fast process, however, when I read the Deed this morning, it states that it is for a 1 bedroom deluxe.

I called the closing company, and they told me I had to contact CJ Timeshares. I did call, and their system is being updated, and they cannot look up the transaction.

Just looking for advice as to whether this is going to leave us stuck with a 1 bedroom. We really want a 2bedroom lockoff.

Anyone else have a transaction go awry with CJ Timeshares and have it resolved in a positive manner?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Do NOT accept the one bedroom - they are absolutely obligated to make it right.

ThreeLittleBirds

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received an email from Rodney. Apparently the owners had two units for sale, a one bedroom and a two bedroom. The wrong unit was transferred to us.

They will correct the problem and have the two bedroom transferred to our name.

I sure do hope this works out! In the meantime, our transfer is just delayed further, and it is KILLING me to see the starwood bulk deposits that I cannot access yet.

patience....

mstoyanov

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do not be worried - they will fix the issue. I bough many timeshares from this seller and so far had 2 issues that were resolved pretty fast. One of these 2 issues was similar deeding issue (incorrect week number on the deed) and they quickly corrected the deed and updated the resort with correct deed.

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought a week from them too, how fast do they move with recording?

ThreeLittleBirds

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do not be worried - they will fix the issue. I bough many timeshares from this seller and so far had 2 issues that were resolved pretty fast. One of these 2 issues was similar deeding issue (incorrect week number on the deed) and they quickly corrected the deed and updated the resort with correct deed.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I do give him credit for getting back to me immediately in both cases.

I believe we bought it on Ebay on 4/19, and got the deed yesterday. It is my understanding that getting the names transferred by Starwood is the longest part of this process.

Just double check every piece of information you get.

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
Starwood now takes 1-2 weeks to process the change of ownership once they get the papers, so you are close!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had several dealings with CJ timeshares. My first deal was the only one with a problem, which between them, their closing company and Wyndham was resolved... if my experience is any guide...they will correct their mistake

The transfer takes longer than I would expect, but my guy Kyle Stobie, told me what to expect and they hit that schedule almost to the day

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very Good Company

I have dealt with Rod and Kyle before and they make things right. You will get what you bought or you will get your money back.

Kona Lovers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another recommendation for them. We've purchased several through them, only one transaction messed up and we were refunded all of our money on that one. Just bought another one from them just this week.

Marty

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras
Problem - No Problem

I too had a slight glitch but it was put right very quickly and with satisfaction. Also communication is good. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

ThreeLittleBirds

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got an email yesterday that the new paperwork is going to be filed and expedited to the resort.

I'm actually not one to read contracts over carefully, but so glad I did this time (the deed, anyway).

Glad to have all of the reassurance that they make things right, and do it quickly.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Got an email yesterday that the new paperwork is going to be filed and expedited to the resort..

I think they are saying what you want to hear - I don't know of any way of expediting this, because most of it is out of their control:

First it will have to be recorded with the county, then sent back to the closing company, and then they will send it to Starwood. You can expedite it by sending it to Starwood yourself (FAX or email) after the county records it. The info. about how to do that is in the Owner Resources Sticky at the top of the page, under the Buying sub-heading.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
I bough many timeshares from this seller and so far had 2 issues that were resolved pretty fast.

My first deal was the only one with a problem,

We've purchased several through them, only one transaction messed up

I too had a slight glitch

Do I detect a pattern? The seller and closing company appear to be honest, but repeatedly sloppy. It makes me question how many of their other transactions have been "finalized" with incorrect deeds which will only be discovered years from now when those buyers try to become sellers, find out that they don't have marketable title, and the seller is no longer in business.

I am not implying any malice on the part of the seller here. The problem is that the closing company works very quickly but often records an inaccurate deed (and apparently does not give the buyer the opportunity to approve the deed before it is recorded). Everyone is happy with the transaction until someone reviews the documentation carefully -- which may not be until it is time to sell.

The remedy is for the buyer to insist on the opportunity to review and approve the deed before it is recorded -- or to take his business elsewhere.

ThreeLittleBirds

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think they are saying what you want to hear - I don't know of any way of expediting this, because most of it is out of their control:

First it will have to be recorded with the county, then sent back to the closing company, and then they will send it to Starwood. You can expedite it by sending it to Starwood yourself (FAX or email) after the county records it. The info. about how to do that is in the Owner Resources Sticky at the top of the page, under the Buying sub-heading.

Thank you, Denise. They are not off the hook yet in my eyes, I'm just thankful for the speedy communication. I'll be more satisfied with a correct deed in hand.

Kona Lovers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do I detect a pattern? The seller and closing company appear to be honest, but repeatedly sloppy. It makes me question how many of their other transactions have been "finalized" with incorrect deeds which will only be discovered years from now when those buyers try to become sellers, find out that they don't have marketable title, and the seller is no longer in business.

I am not implying any malice on the part of the seller here. The problem is that the closing company works very quickly but often records an inaccurate deed (and apparently does not give the buyer the opportunity to approve the deed before it is recorded). Everyone is happy with the transaction until someone reviews the documentation carefully -- which may not be until it is time to sell.

The remedy is for the buyer to insist on the opportunity to review and approve the deed before it is recorded -- or to take his business elsewhere.

In dealing with this company, for our part, we've always had to have the deed notorized first, and made sure it was correct. In the case of our canceled deal, it was problems with the resort, not this company.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
My went through fine also.

I bought through them on Ebay on 3-17-11, got a copy of the deed on 4-25-11 and the resort transferred it into my name on 5-5-11. I made my first reservation on 5-6-11. They and the closing company also had great communication.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've bought several weeks from these guys and I think they are the best resellers on Ebay. They sell a ton of TS's and the closing company they use isn't the best but they will take care of any problems. I wish all the Ebay sellers were as good as these guys.