• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2009] Timeshares by owner.com

ronjg

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really got an wakeup call with this site. I was contacted through an application I submitted. I was told they are not a listing company. The company is licensed with the attorney generals office and the sales person has a license with state of Florida. The company is designated as a marketing and advertising firm. They have offices throughout the country. They high pressure potential buyers the same as the resorts do except this is done for the buyer. They sell your timeshare for a lot more that the listing companys who do everything over the internet. Naturally, the internet buyer is educated on what resale timeshares will sell for. Sound good so far. The cost of having locations on site where the resorts are located is very expensive and therefore the marketing and advertising cost deems it necessary to charge you a more expensive upfront fee. However, since they work for the owners of timeshares they can get you a vacation with other owners for around the maintenance fee or less. Now comes the best part. The upfront fee starts at $2245.00. Has anyone ever heard of them or know of anyone who has dealt with this company. The canned pitch is really good and the upfront fee is so large, it almost makes one want to think it is legitimate.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I would encourage everyone who encounters situations like these to report all the details of your interaction to the attorney generals office in the state you live, and the state in which said company does business.

Im going to create a post with the email addresses of all the state AG's for easy reference...however it may take some time to get complete.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi - here are some warnings signs when for these kinds of companies:

1) Do they say that they already have a buyer for your timeshare?
2) Are they offering to sell it for far more than the market value?
3) Do they want you to pay a large up front fee?
4) Are they refusing to send you a contract until you pay their fee?

If you answer yes to any of these questions, then this is the usual scenario:

Once you pay the fee and receive the contract, you discover that the company has only promised to advertise your resort, not sell it, and they don't mention the buyer in the contract.

Then they will contact you and let you know that the buyer backed out and they no longer have a buyer, but they will advertise your timeshare on their over-priced website.

Finally, when you try to get your money back, they will point out that you signed a contract, and it's only for advertising. When you challenge it with your credit card company, they will tell you the same thing.​

Because of the economy, this is a bad time to sell a timeshare. Right now the top timeshares (Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, etc.) are selling for 40% of retail value, the midlevel resorts are selling for 1 - 10% of retail value, and you can't give away the bottom level resorts.

Please see the article at the top of the Buying, Selling, Renting page entitled "How to Sell Your Timeshare," for more info.

Good luck! :hi:

J

JoeMid

While TUGBrian and even DeniseM have given you information, they did not answer your question " Has anyone ever heard of them or know of anyone who has dealt with this company."

I bought from TSBO once, I offered 10% of the asking price and it was accepted.

TSBO has listings on eBay at prices similar to the developer, they never see a bid!

TSBO, I think, does have a showroom in Orlando, which substantiates their claim to going after the buyers market where the buyer has 'toured' and has now found their 'bargain' showroom but is not (yet) part of the TUG or TS4Ms crowd.

If you're listing at the inflated prices that they tell you, your $2245 is a total waste of money. If you list with them at $1 and have a quality property, I bet that they would be able to sell your property.

They do have a convincing canned presentation. Don't fall for it.

If you want to sell, list it for $1 on eBay and be prepared to sell it for what the secondary market values it at.

e.bram

Reaction score
I tell then I waill send somebody over to their office to drop off the check(no CC)and will return to get the money back(100% guarenteed) if job is not done as stated. They usuallycurse me out and hang up.

ronjg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timesharesbyowner

I want to thank each of you for your input to my encounter with TBOC. I have not done anything with them nor do I intend to. Thank you Brian for your genuine concern about my encounter and I look forward to that listing you are proposing. Once I see that listing, I will generate an email with the above information.
I have one other thought about this whole situation with the Listing and Marketing companies. I would propose that if they want these excessive fees to put your name on a website listing including those who offer the full page website. That a counter offer of the seller putting his upfront fee with an escrow account and an agreement that they if the property is not sold within 20% of the going average resale market price within 18 months the contract is null and void. The seller then gets his money back. If these company were truly genuine in their sales presentations they should have no trouble with this offer. Their upfront fee has been paid but it is up to them to deliver to receive it. Oh well, I guess we all know what they would have to say about this.

bb321

Reaction score
Not too quick reply - you started this 7/09 and it's 5/11 now but just called by TBOC with discount offer to sell our 2 bed red time Orlando condo great place etc. but don't need it any more really. promo $998 to sell for approx $19K !
I don't have the 998 right now so can't get it into the "Mother's Day special" this weekend - they offer sell guarantee (w/ no % listed)within 48 months and their price includes all paperwork for transfere of deed etc. What did you do with your TS? did you go thru a co. or DIY?
BB321

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Not too quick reply - you started this 7/09 and it's 5/11 now but just called by TBOC with discount offer to sell our 2 bed red time Orlando condo great place etc. but don't need it any more really. promo $998 to sell for approx $19K !
I don't have the 998 right now so can't get it into the "Mother's Day special" this weekend - they offer sell guarantee (w/ no % listed)within 48 months and their price includes all paperwork for transfere of deed etc. What did you do with your TS? did you go thru a co. or DIY?
BB321

ronjg has not been back to TUG since 2009, but I'd be glad to reply.

This is a scam. Consider yourself lucky that you don't have $998 - because you would be flushing it down the toilet.

Most timeshares in Orlando are selling for 0-5% of the original retail price - NONE of them are selling for $19K!

To find out what your timeshare is REALLY selling for on the resale market, check it out on ebay:

1) Register with ebay
2) Sign in
3) Search for your resort by exact name
4) From the menu on the left click "completed listings"
6) The next page will show you current selling prices

(Be sure you look at the completed listings - those are actually SELLING prices - you will find asking prices all over the place, but what really counts is what they actually sold for.)​

As you will see, even very nice timeshares are being listed on ebay for $1 - and not selling - even at that price.

The fact that this "company" told you that you can sell for $19K just shows what a bunch of scammers they are.

In reality, in this economy, you may not even be able to give away your timeshare, but let us know if you'd like info. about how to give it away SAFELY.

WHATEVER YOU DO - DON'T PAY ANYONE AN UPFRONT FEE - THAT'S ALWAYS A SCAM!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spinnaker Waterside
Please note that most of these are a decade or more old. Why are they even on here anymore. Several laws were passed and changes made since then. Many companys have WEB pages warning of fraud. Call your resort and ask if they have a legacy plan. Major resorts do. Paying an attorney up front is begging for trouble. All they do is create a legacy deal and charge a fortune. My attorney did it in 2005 for $30 along with some other work. One phone and signed a letter.