• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

8500 Diamond Resorts Premiere Vacation Collection points - $1 and Free Closing!

Peterh1952

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are offering, for a nominal amount ($1), 8500 points in the Diamond Resorts Premiere Vacation Collection. The MF is $1760 (point fee $1185, base standard assessment fee $400, club dues $175). The property has no liens, mortgages or other debt and all points (8500) are available for your use in either 2015 or 2016 (your choice). 2015 dues are completely paid and nothing else due until December 31, 2015.

We will pay all closing fees and transfer fees arranged through LT transfers (they are recommended as a highly reputable firm) We will also pay the transfer fee of $250.

I am also open to negotiation on 2016 MF – PM me and we can talk about an even sweeter deal.
8500 points will get you into 2 places each year in many instances if you are looking for a 1 bedroom; or perhaps a nice 2 bedroom in peak season in Sedona. Its very flexible and entirely your choice how you use the points among the resorts shown below. You can even carry them over into the next year and accumulate 17000 over two years. Also use for short stays (2, 3 days or something like that). I am a private citizen, not a broker, living in Canada, and I would love to tell you more about the points and what we have done with them.

The resorts listed can be reserved, subject to availability (which is usually pretty good). No fees are charged for reserving, and I’ve never paid any additional fees at the many resorts within the collection that we have stayed at. This is really a very nice collection – combining the best of US destinations in all the popular resort areas, with a great non-US offering (Europe, Mexico, South America)

•Cypress Point Resort & Villas, Orlando, FL
•Daytona Beach Regency, Daytona Beach, FL
•Mystic Dunes Resort and Golf, FL
•Grand Beach Resort (Phase 1 and 2), Orlando, FL
•Grande Villas Resort, Orlando, FL
•Desert Paradise Resort, Las Vegas, NV
•Cancun Resort, Las Vegas, NV
•Polo Towers Villas and Suites, Las Vegas, NV
The Carriage House, Las Vegas, NV
•Greensprings Vacation Resort, Williamsburg, VA
•Historic Powhatan Resort, Williamsburg, VA
•Scottsdale Links Resort, Scottsdale, AZ
•Scottsdale Villa Mirage, Scottsdale, AZ
•Bell Rock Inn, Sedona, AZ
Los Abrigados Resort and Spa, Sedona, AZ
Kohl’s Ranch Lodge, Payson, AZ
PVC at the Roundhouse Resort, Pinetop, AZ
Rancho Manana Resort, Cave Creek, AZ
Sedona Summit Resort, Sedona, AZ
The Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort, Sedona, AZ
The Roundhouse Resort, Pinetop, AZ
Varsity Clubs of America, Tucson, AZ
•Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort, Lake Tahoe, CA
•Palm Canyon Resort & Spa, CA*
•Villas de Santa Fe, Santa Fe, NM
•Suites at Fall Creek, Branson, MO
•Bent Creek Golf Village, Gatlinburg, TN
Varsity Clubs of America, South Bend, IN
The Historic Crags Lodge, Estes Park, CO

INTERNATIONAL

•Flamingo Beach Resort, St. Maarten
•Flamingo Beach Villas, St. Maarten

Grand Palladium Riviera Resort and Spa, Akumal, Cancun , Mexico
Sea of Cortez Beach Club, San Carlos, Mexico

Grand Palladium Imbassai Resort and Spa, Imbassai, Brazil

Le Club Mougins, Mougins, Cannes, France

East Clare Golf Village, Bodyke, Ireland
Fisherman’s Lodge, Scarriff, Ireland

Diamond Suites on Malta, St. Julian’s Malta

Vilar do Golf, Almancil, Algarve, Portugal

Garden Lago, Puerto Alcudia, Mallorca, Balearic Isles, Spain
White Sands Beach Club, Menorca, Balearic Isles, Spain
Cala Blanca, Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain
Club del Carmen, Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote, Spain
Jardines del Sol, Lanzarote, Spain
Royal Sunset Beach Club, Adeje, Tenerife, Spain
Royal Tenerife Country Club, San Miguel de Abona, Tenerife, Spain
Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club, San Miguel de Abona, Tenerife, Spain
Sunset Harbour Club, Costa Adeje, Tenerife, Spain

Los Amigos Beach Club, Mijas Costa, Spain
Royal Oasis Club at Pueblo Quinta, Benalmadena Costa, Spain

Broome Park Golf and Country Club, Canterbury, Kent, England
Cromer Country Club, Cromer, Norfolk, England
Pine Lake Resort, Carnforth, Lancashire, Lake District, England
Thurnham Hall, Lancaster, Lancashire, England
Woodford Bridge Country Club, Holsworthy, Devon, England
Whychnor Park Country Club, Barton-under-Needwood, Staffordshire, England
The Kenmore Club, Perthshire, Scotland

Please send me a Personal Message if you would like to discuss this offer. Thanks for taking the time to read it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Great job on your Ad, Peter! Good luck!

Peterh1952

TUG Member
Reaction score
I should mention the resorts we have stayed in and have first hand experience with in this collection:
#2-bedroom East Clare, Ireland. Beautiful village and great opportunities for visiting south-western Ireland
#2-bedroom St. Maarten - white sand beaches right outside your door! Explore St. Maarten and the French side (St. Martin) and the island of Saba (great SCUBA diving)
# Various resorts in Red Rock Country, Sedona - the classic Arizona desert experience (this has been a long-time favourite of ours)
#Varsity Clubs of America, Tucson. - right in town; great amenities. Enjoyed Tucson immensely
#Kenmore Club, Scotland. In the heart of Perthshire - headed there on our last excursion with this collection in June. Great spot to explore the central Scottish highlands

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi Peter - if you found a photo on the internet, here is the easy way to post it:

click on the picture and copy the url

click in the message box and type
B] paste url here[B]

remove ALL spaces

Peterh1952

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lots of great resorts in this collection - try South Lake Tahoe (in the snow, or in the sunshine!):

16156529154_25b66fc5f4_s.jpg

Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort, or perhaps you are looking for some panoramas in Red Rock Country (photo of Ron Niebrugge)

16591450960_1bf23006ae_s.jpg

With the Premiere Vacation you can stay at the fabulous Los Abrigados resort right in the middle of Sedona, next door to the 'best of everything' Tlaquepaque arts village

16778847885_f00c4ce294_s.jpg

Still available, but smart folks on their 'sampler plans' with DRI are looking at the free alternatives to spending thousands of $ in buying into the collection. Hurry!

Last edited by a moderator:

Peterh1952

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Peter - if you found a photo on the internet, here is the easy way to post it:

click on the picture and copy the url

click in the message box and type
B] paste url here[B]

remove ALL spaces

Thank you for the tips, Denise. I noticed that the guide under the FAQ on the TUG site for posting from flickr is a bit out of date. Flickr now present the image with the option of grabbing the BBcode - this is what needs to be pasted into the posting.

How do you make the images occupy more space in the posting (I liked yours of the Branson resort - very nice)

thanks

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You have to edit the original photo to change the size, before you post it. But I don't think that's the problem. Let me see if I can fix it - no luck so far. ;)

I eliminated the extra code, but since your original picture are small - they will appear small.

My suggestion - go to google images, and select some picture that are bigger - like 500-700 pixels wide.

Last edited:

Bill4728

Reaction score
Peter

I do not believe that the resorts you have listed are in the Premiere Vacation Club (PVC) .

I believe that these resorts are the only resorts in the PVC

Bell Rock Inn & Suites .......Sedona, Arizona
Carriage House.............. Las Vegas, Nevada
Crag's Lodge at Golden Eagle ...Estes Park, Colorado
Inn at Los Abrigados.... .. Sedona, Arizona
Kohl's Ranch Lodge .....Payson, Arizona
Los Abrigados Resort and Spa ...Sedona, Arizona
Rancho Manana ..........Cave Creek, Arizona
Roundhouse Resort ....Pinetop, Arizona
Sea of Cortez Beach Club .....Nuevo Guaymas, Mexico
Varsity Clubs of America - Tucson ... Tucson, Arizona
Varsity Clubs of America South Bend.. Mishawaka, Indiana
Sea of Cortez Premiere Vacation Club.... Sonora, Mexico.

The other resorts you listed are DRI resorts but only available to people who pay many $$$ thousands more to join "the Club" by DRI

Peterh1952

TUG Member
Reaction score
Peter

I do not believe that the resorts you have listed are in the Premiere Vacation Club (PVC) .

I believe that these resorts are the only resorts in the PVC

Bell Rock Inn & Suites .......Sedona, Arizona
Carriage House.............. Las Vegas, Nevada
Crag's Lodge at Golden Eagle ...Estes Park, Colorado
Inn at Los Abrigados.... .. Sedona, Arizona
Kohl's Ranch Lodge .....Payson, Arizona
Los Abrigados Resort and Spa ...Sedona, Arizona
Rancho Manana ..........Cave Creek, Arizona
Roundhouse Resort ....Pinetop, Arizona
Sea of Cortez Beach Club .....Nuevo Guaymas, Mexico
Varsity Clubs of America - Tucson ... Tucson, Arizona
Varsity Clubs of America South Bend.. Mishawaka, Indiana
Sea of Cortez Premiere Vacation Club.... Sonora, Mexico.

The other resorts you listed are DRI resorts but only available to people who pay many $$$ thousands more to join "the Club" by DRI

Not so, Bill. When DRI took over from ILX additional resorts were made available to those of us who signed up for the renewed PVC. If you would like to see the full brochure, please just PM me with your email address and I will send it on (a pdf). This is why my offer is such a good deal. The new owners have access to over 60 excellent resorts worldwide without having to belong to the Club

Bill4728

Reaction score
Not so, Bill. When DRI took over from ILX additional resorts were made available to those of us who signed up for the renewed PVC. If you would like to see the full brochure, please just PM me with your email address and I will send it on (a pdf). This is why my offer is such a good deal. The new owners have access to over 60 excellent resorts worldwide without having to belong to the Club

I have not heard that. I hope it is true for you and the other owners at ILX/PVC.

BUT DRI has a long history that resale owners will have access only to the resorts listed on the original paperwork. Since that is the PVC / ILX resorts, I believe that is all a buyer of your ownership will have access to.

As I said I hope I'm wrong.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

IMDaws73

Reaction score
Hi Peter,

Are these still available?

I am on resort in Orlando and have been offered a deal for 4000 points and wondered if your points can be combined with the US Collection or would I be using them as standalone?

Also as new to this - is it worth buying 4000 points?

Thanks
Ian