• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Hammocks at Bald Head Island, NC

tarob42

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently exchanged into this location and was wondering if anyone has been there and what they thought. It's a fractional ownership and apparently the island can only be reached by ferry.

bobcat

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently exchanged into this location and was wondering if anyone has been there and what they thought. It's a fractional ownership and apparently the island can only be reached by ferry.

You have to take a ferry from Southport N C to go there. No cars on the island. Police,fire and some workers trucks. You must take over what you want to eat for the week. They have rules as to how to pack items. You can rent a golf cart for the week. All things have to be brought over by ferry. If you purchase on the island it will be more money. You can walk the beach, fish ,boat play golf and read a book. The island is very quiet. Alot of wildlife. Deer, fox, gators, birds coons are just some. It is hot in the summer. You can go to Wilmington, Southport, M B, Calabash or some of the other islands. I would get in touch with the Brunswick Islands Chamber of Commerce and ask for some info. Most of the towns are quiet except for M B or Wilmington. You can have some great seafood. The timeshares are not to old. Enjoy.

BargainTraveller

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Who did you exchange through?

tarob42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bald Head Island

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I got it during flexexchange. I used my Marriott Manor Club. Thanks for the info.

bobcat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I got it during flexexchange. I used my Marriott Manor Club. Thanks for the info.

Make sure you purchase a couple cases of bottle water. It gets HOT there.

JACKC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Three years ago got a week via II bonus last minute during flex, gave it to our daughter and her friend for college graduation. They were in a nice house and enjoyed the beach, but got bored after a couple of days and checked on catching the ferry back to their car for some Myrtle Beach entertainment. Found they needed to schedule the ferry well in advance. Also costly. Stayed another day or two and aborted their vacation. Boredom and the ferry issue spoiled their trip.

Daughter's advice. If you want to vegetate for a week and take all your provisions over, it should be great. Otherwise, go elsewhere if you want accessible variety and excitement.

Jack