• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bonnet Creek "Owner's Workshop"

rdiamond62

Reaction score
Just completed the 45 minute owner's workshop (sales presentation) at Bonnet Creek and proud to say that I kept them at the 45 minute mark. It is always fun to take money from the good folks at Wyndham while they call my resale contract basically worthless. I reminded him that he is not saying much for Bonnet Creek as my "worthless" contract got me here. That just made him more upset and I enjoyed it that much more. All and all, I know that these updates are not for everyone and some say it is a waste of vacation time but I find the look on the salesman's face when he realizes that he is wasting his time and knowing I have to get paid......"Priceless".
Oh well, off to enjoy the day and it is not even 10am yet.

Rich

PS- The breakfast wasn't that bad this time.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
We always attended the ones in Williamsburg (until they stopped asking us). They paid $75 and had catered food that was often exceptional. Some of the people there were true weasels, but some were pleasant and taught us a few booking tricks.

richjester

TUG Member
Reaction score
This March we stayed in Williamsburg for Spring Break. It snowed on Sunday, and was cold & miserable on Monday. We went to our "Update" on Monday and were there about an hour. The sales staff seemed well resigned to our disinterest in buying more. The lunch provided was very nice, and we were rewarded with $80 for time we would have used for nothing else.

It hasn't always been so easy.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
then there is Atlantic city. They only give out $30 - $50 and I think that is were wyndham sends it's biggest weasels.

mnmrsjjp

TUG Member
Reaction score
then there is Atlantic city. They only give out $30 - $50 and I think that is were wyndham sends it's biggest weasels.

I totally agree that the biggest weasels are at Atlantic City. However, we got $100 for going to be abused.

Debbyd57

TUG Member
Reaction score
We always used to go to the ones that paid cash or gift cards until we were put on their "bad" list and they stopped asking us. Usually we knew more than the sales weasels but every now and then they surprised us and we learned something (not too often). We have had a couple good breakfasts from them.

ntcfm1

Reaction score
while they call my resale contract basically worthless

I love when they do this. What they refuse to understand is buying at retail is virtually worthless. I love asking them "What is Wyndham doing to protect the value of my points?" and looking at the blank expression on their faces. :hysterical:

I can do everything I want to do with my BC points (acquired from Wyndham long ago) as I can with my Kona Hawaiian points I got resale. Everything.

Worthless? Hardly. Perhaps Wyndham should rely less on gimmicks and hard sell tactics that should stay on the used car lot, and more on providing value for the owners they have.

Yeah, right!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just completed the 45 minute owner's workshop (sales presentation) at Bonnet Creek and proud to say that I kept them at the 45 minute mark. It is always fun to take money from the good folks at Wyndham while they call my resale contract basically worthless. I reminded him that he is not saying much for Bonnet Creek as my "worthless" contract got me here. That just made him more upset and I enjoyed it that much more. All and all, I know that these updates are not for everyone and some say it is a waste of vacation time but I find the look on the salesman's face when he realizes that he is wasting his time and knowing I have to get paid......"Priceless".
Oh well, off to enjoy the day and it is not even 10am yet.

Rich

PS- The breakfast wasn't that bad this time.

You got a good, or at least an experienced salesman....The new guys believe that with the right approach they can turn a no into a sale. The guys that know what they are doing, when they understand that you wont be buying, want to be done with you and move on to fresh meat.

By the way, I like the sales experience, Im a salesman myself and never fail to learn something...I view these things as advanced training for salesmem. But on my last 3 visits to Bonnet Creek,(also Star Island) they wouldnt even schedule me for an up date.....I think Ive developed a reputation

Last edited:
Reaction score
The reason Sales Weasels can call resale "worthless" is because there is no financial worth. If you buy Wyndham for $100 on eBay (not including closing/transfer fees), you'll be lucky to get $1 for it.

On the other hand, if you buy a Disney Vacation Club for $10k, you won't lose value, since they're going for that much regardless of whether or not the previous owner bought Direct (developer) or Resale.

TS

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you buy Wyndham for $100 on eBay (not including closing/transfer fees), you'll be lucky to get $1 for it.

On the other hand, if you buy a Disney Vacation Club Wyndham Vacation Ownership for $10k, $15 K you won't lose value, since they're going for that much regardless of whether or not the previous owner bought Direct (developer) or Resale. you'll will still\be lucky to get $1 for it.

Both are worthless

MFT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham hires locally

Not always, as the last few salespeople we met with came from other Wyndhams. They move around if they want, especially to the newer resorts. The one I saw at Smugglers had worked at Smokey Mtn, Bonnett Creek, and a few others. Had been with Wyndham for about ten years, and he said he loved the opportunity to move to new locations every few years.

Myxdvz

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you buy Wyndham for $100 on eBay (not including closing/transfer fees), you'll be lucky to get $1 for it.

On the other hand, if you buy a Disney Vacation Club Wyndham Vacation Ownership for $10k, $15 K you won't lose value, since they're going for that much regardless of whether or not the previous owner bought Direct (developer) or Resale. you'll will still\be lucky to get $1 for it.

Both are worthless

I totally misread this and was going to start asking you to point me to $1 DVC resales! :)

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The reason Sales Weasels can call resale "worthless" is because there is no financial worth. If you buy Wyndham for $100 on eBay (not including closing/transfer fees), you'll be lucky to get $1 for it.

On the other hand, if you buy a Disney Vacation Club for $10k, you won't lose value, since they're going for that much regardless of whether or not the previous owner bought Direct (developer) or Resale.

TS

This is an untrue assumption. The older these rtu type ownerships get the less use years are left & fees keep rising. Already DVC has started cutting prices as resales with only X years left simply aren't worth as much as those with 40+ years remaining. And of course if you hold on too long the DVC value is also zero as it reverts back to Disney for nothing back to the long term fee payer.