• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

glacier canyon wisconsin dells

ChicagoGuy

Reaction score
Just got back from glacier canyon in wisconsin dells, I owe there (resale) for the last few years. When I been there in the past they have always given me the maximum number of water park passes and towel cards allowed per room. This time at check in they asked how many children and adults will be staying with u, so I just made up a number because in didn't want to write all the names down on the forms lol I said 5 total. Anyway once I get all checked in I bypased the parking pass sales people and one of the sales guys noticed me walking out and said they got very strick with the parking passes u should stop by, I said I'll be back and never did. Once I got to my 2 bedroom condo with my 8 guests and started passing out the water park wrist bands, I then notice I'm short 3 so I call the front desk and ask why I was only given 5 and the rude lady says because u only have 5 people in the room why would we give u 8!! I know I did say 5 at check in but for the past few years they gave me the max number of passes at check in regardless, I explained this to her but she acted like I was pulling a scam which irritated me. After a shouting match I told her I booked a 2 bedroom which comes with 8 passes and that's what I paid for, so that's what I expect. Just a heads up for anyone heading out there this summer.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
We go there 3 or 4 times per year, and I've always been given the exact number of bands as people I list in the room. I might occasionally get an extra towel card, since those seem to stick together a bit.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stayed there four times, the last time with a total of three units. I have always received wristbands for only the number of people I listed on the check-in sheet.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
so I just made up a number because in didn't want to write all the names down on the forms lol I said 5 total.

I recommend always listing all of the occupants as it only takes a couple of minutes. In the event of an emergency, I know I would want them to account for everyone in the unit with me. They have no way of knowing who may be missing if you don't tell them who is supposed to be there.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In my experience the management team there has forgotten they are in the hospitality business, and that while annoying at times, we the users of their rooms are their reason for employment.

They love rules and make up new ones every year. Their MFs remain inordinately high and the overall attitude is arrogance. We go their several times a year and I have grown more disenchanted each time. I always tip the check in agent, and that helps with some of the attitude. Last time I got such a condescending attitude from the first woman. She looked about 25 and clearly was used to being allowed to treat others with disdain. When I didn't respond to her quote "that's a Wyndham rule," she quickly followed with a "unless you want me to have someone else check you in." I accepted which slowed her a bit. So I waited for the other agent and we got checked in. I doubled my usual tip and made sure that surly agent saw it. Don't know if it will do any good but I felt better. Somehow the staff needs to be reigned in.

I state this from a position of almost always siding with the staff during and owner/staff clash. I hate how entitled many of us act especially at check in. But watching GC agents makes me wish they would have mandatory training at Bonnet Creek where you are always treated with respect. But Glacier Canyon needs an overhaul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've never had an issue with the check-in at GC, just the parking pass people. We've only received the number of wristbands for the people in the room as well.

I love the GC property and try to get there a few times per year if I can. I just wish they'd do something about the parking pass situation.

OP, I take it that you didn't have any issues with not having a parking pass? Maybe I'll just skip it next time.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I never knew we were supposed to tip the check in staff

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wristbands are never an issue there. I never wear them and no one has ever questioned it.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where are the units?

Sorry to take over a thread, but we have stayed in the hotel part before and am thinking of renting a couple nights since the price looks about the same.

Where are the units located. I am getting a 1 Bedroom if that matters.

Are the mixed in with the hotel units at Glacier or is there a separate area.

Also, is there any difference between renting from hotel and renting from an owner (I know technically different properties, but any other difference)

Thanks.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glacier canyon units are closer to the lobby and before crossing the bridge connecting to the water park. Hotel units are in a different location. Hotel units just have 2 beds with the bathroom while timeshare has a full kitchen, washer and dryer and living room. Wilderness resort will definitely charge you more than owner for a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom unit, but it has a more generous cancellation policy whereas an owner reservation is typically nonrefundable.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got back from glacier canyon in wisconsin dells, I owe there (resale) for the last few years. When I been there in the past they have always given me the maximum number of water park passes and towel cards allowed per room. This time at check in they asked how many children and adults will be staying with u, so I just made up a number because in didn't want to write all the names down on the forms lol I said 5 total. Anyway once I get all checked in I bypased the parking pass sales people and one of the sales guys noticed me walking out and said they got very strick with the parking passes u should stop by, I said I'll be back and never did. Once I got to my 2 bedroom condo with my 8 guests and started passing out the water park wrist bands, I then notice I'm short 3 so I call the front desk and ask why I was only given 5 and the rude lady says because u only have 5 people in the room why would we give u 8!! I know I did say 5 at check in but for the past few years they gave me the max number of passes at check in regardless, I explained this to her but she acted like I was pulling a scam which irritated me. After a shouting match I told her I booked a 2 bedroom which comes with 8 passes and that's what I paid for, so that's what I expect. Just a heads up for anyone heading out there this summer.

Sounds like a scam to me
I believe every hotel and timeshare and rentals of every description that I have stayed at require that the names of all guests be entered into the guest registry I thought it was the law. I remember Sargent Joe Friday on the old tv show Dragnet asking to see the hotel register when he was working on a case

Your withholding the names of everyone in the room could be interpreted as a scam or perhaps worse, perhaps a terrorist threat. I know that's an exaggeration but it sure looks like you are hiding something At the very least I agree with the desk clerk. She may have been rude but she was right. What possible reason do you have for 8 passes when only 5 are in your party.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I've had the same experience . . . not only there, but at every other timeshare I've ever stayed at!

There have been times when DH and I were given (on trade) a 2BR occupancy of 6 (or 8) but it was just the 2 of us. Why would the resort give us an excess of wrist bands or passes?

I agree with the others; and think you're being unreasonable to expect the max if you only told them you have 5 in the unit.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am at harborside at Bahamas this week where the wrist bands to Atlantis is main reason we are at this resort. The front desk requires all adults register to the room to be present at the check in counter in order to get room keys. So we are 2, we sign in as 2 people and get only 2 wrist bands instead of the maximum of 4.